Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  19 members  ·  Free

Anime

General Anime Chat

Guest Anime Otaku

Guest Beefhead
Finished episode one of Death Note, and am planning on continuing through, we'll see. My track record for anime is less than stellar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anime Otaku
I got a free 2 week premium membership on Crunchyroll, using that to watch Koreha Zombie Desuka which is hilarious, think when it ends I might get the anime only membership since the dramas are only available in the Americas and it's only about $6, not sure exactly what it is in pounds. Also with it being the start of a new season there's a lot of stuff starting, SKET Dance looks good and I'm really looking forward to Deadman Wonderland starting in the next few days.

• 1 month later...

Started watching Death Note. Light is a sadistic little bastard.... I kinda love him. Making Penbers fiance commit suicide was a stroke of evil genius and how he manipulated her into giving him her name.....just, damn, that was both harsh and hilarious.

"I guess it's because I'm Kira...."

Edited by etz

Started watching Death Note. Light is a sadistic little bastard.... I kinda love him. Making Penbers fiance commit suicide was a stroke of evil genius and how he manipulated her into giving him her name.....just, damn, that was both harsh and hilarious.

"I guess it's because I'm Kira...."

I f'n love that episode. The way it drags out, with Light being forced to think on his feet all the time to save his own skin is really fantastic. It builds the tension perfectly and the way it happens is also awesome as hell. It sticks out in my head as THE moment. If you mention Death Note to me, I'd always think of the darkness, with Naomi Misora walking up the illuminated staircase to the noose. So perfect.

Guest Anime Otaku

Also the look of complete terror on her face when Light finally says "I am Kira".

Anyone been watching Deadman Wonderland, I can't recommend this highly enough, the only bad thing is all the censorship, it'll definitely be one to get on DVD/Blu Ray, same with Highschool Of The Dead.

Yeah, what really struck me was just how cruel Light was being. I mean, he could have said nothing and just watched her wander off to kill herself, but no, he has to let her know it's coming.

On a (Death)note : Misa Amane is so damn cute... demented, admittedly, but cute. Besides, a bit of lunacy in a woman keeps them interesting, if nothing else.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anime Otaku

Looks like Film Four is showing the dub of Tales from Earthsea is on now and it's pretty good, might watch the subbed version when they show it on Thursday morning. Though they seem to have fallen slightly into the "animation/Ghibli = kids" trap a bit as the opening includes a dragon getting it's throat ripped out, though it's not as bad a Princess Mononoke.

Hope they do another Studio Ghibli season soon, or maybe show some other stuff.

Guest Black Knight
When I was younger, I was a huge Dragon Ball Z fan. Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakishow was my top favorite Anime's, but now all I watch is Naruto occasionally.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anime Otaku

It's that time again, some series have wrapped up this week, namely Gosick and Deadman Wonderland though others like Sket Dance and Tiger & Bunny (which I can't recommend highly enough) are continuing (T&B has just finished it's first arc focused on Barnaby and is now switching focus over to Tiger).

Not got a look at what's starting other than Blade which is indeed based on the comic books of the same name, only one episode is out though but it's not on Crunchyroll so if you want to see it you'll need to go looking for it.

• 1 month later...

So, I finally finished watching Deathnote. Light Yagami is a brilliant villian and deserved far better than the predictable "good guys win" ending. Also, the story went from being complicated to being overly convoluted for no real purpose in the second half.

I'd have either cut the story short with the death of L, or given Light his victory over Near....only for Ryuk to realise he's going to be bored without anyone pursuing Kira (the pursuers all being dead in the warehouse), leading to Ryuk killing both Light and Teru with the note.

Just got the metal case edition of Voltron volume 1 for £3. Epically chuffed!

I've had it since the release a few years ago - it's a shame they're not releasing the other volumes over here. I'm jsut going to import the whole GoLion series from Japan to make up for it, I think.

I've had it since the release a few years ago - it's a shame they're not releasing the other volumes over here. I'm jsut going to import the whole GoLion series from Japan to make up for it, I think.

Yeah, I was watching it this morning, and can't help but think I'd rather watch the Japanese version with the subtitles. Some of the dubbing on this DVD I'm watching is horrifically bad. Plus they couldn't even be bothered to dub half of the sound effects back in. :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anime Otaku
Just watched the last episode of Tiger & Bunny. Absolutely brilliant series, I really hope they can get a second series of it made. They did end with a few sequel hooks so here's hoping.