Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  19 members  ·  Free

Anime

General Anime Chat

Guest Anime Otaku

Guest Beefhead
I'll admit to not watching a lot of it, mainly because I don't really like anime like but I have seen Akira countless times.

As far as series go, the only one I ever watched in full without losing interest was Death Note. I thought it was amazing. Have you seen Death Note, Taj? I'm surprised you haven't commented on it.

Oh yeah, and I've watched most of the Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend stuff. Hilarious!

Ok so ive never cared much for Anime outside of Studio Ghibli's family flicks but I enjoyed Akira and Ghost in the shell, so maybe I should try death note.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anime Otaku
I'll admit to not watching a lot of it, mainly because I don't really like anime like but I have seen Akira countless times.

As far as series go, the only one I ever watched in full without losing interest was Death Note. I thought it was amazing. Have you seen Death Note, Taj? I'm surprised you haven't commented on it.

Oh yeah, and I've watched most of the Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend stuff. Hilarious!

I've always preferred Ghost in the Shell (I've watch/read all three versions) to Akira (only seen the film, not the original Manga)

Never watched Death Note, it's one on the list of stuff people rave about that I've not gotten around to yet, along with Code Geass and Fooly Cooly and all the Gundam series.

I think I've seen Overfiend back when Sci Fi showed Anime movies late at night many years ago, some of the things they showed were good but a lot of it was pretty trashy.

If you like the really dark and twisted stuff like that you may enjoy an anime called "When they Cry" it's about a small isolated village in Japan that's seemingly cursed, every year for the 4 years before the show begins after a festival that gives thanks to a demon that supposedly protects the village a person is found murdered and another outright vanishes. Essentially the series is about why this happens and weather the curse is real or if a serial killer is just using it as a cover or if the villagers themselves are responsible. It is seriously messed up though as each arc is set in an alternate reality due to that fact that the arcs all end with major characters being murdered themselves and all the main characters are schoolkids.

Edited by Anime Otaku

Guest Anime Otaku
Started watching Death Note on Maxx's recommendation and it's great. I'm not sold on Ryuk's design as he's a bit OTT, love the character though. I just finished the episode where Light meets Naomi.

Wow, that may be one of the most outright cold hearted killings I've seen in an anime and the way it was done was really intense despite nothing actually happening. Loved the smug way he tells her "I am Kira" and the look on her face just as the Death Note kicks in and how the street faded away and was replaced by the stairs and noose as she walked away.

Guest Anime Otaku
You know if you'd posted that a few hours earlier I'd of called you a dirty liar DS. I guess maybe if she's a relatively new convert she's maybe been hooked more by stuff like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Guest Anime Otaku

Been watching Death note online and ordered the DVDs from Amazon today, 9 disc set with some decent extras with the English dub cast., plus an art book for £26.99. Also pre ordered Lucky Star and Outlaw Star box sets for £26.99 and £24.97 respectively, they should have some good extras as I got the "Anime Legends" boxset for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and it has some good stuff on it.

Thinking of starting on Gunslinger Girls and Serial Experiments Lain next.

Edited by Anime Otaku

Guest Anime Otaku

I think I need to track down a gif of Light taking a chip.. and eating it!

Looking forward to Deadman Wonderland that's starting soon, it's kind of Running Man/Gladiator as a theme park attraction by the sounds of it.

Edited by Anime Otaku

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Anyone know anything about Eureka 7?

They have Eureka 7 vol 4 at my local CEX and I am iffy on if I should buy it or not just to give it a try.

Guest Anime Otaku

It's supposed to be good, the anime is legally available on Crunchyroll but it's US only, you can find it on other streaming sites though.

Got my Death Note box set in today. It's pretty nicely put together though the art book is actually a small glossy booklet, still not bad for the price. Is it wrong that I kinda wish they'd included a notepad instead?

Edited by Anime Otaku