NBA Playoffs 2011

Guest The Beltster

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

Let's go Knicks!

The Knicks have actually been on good form recently, which gives me a bit of hope, although losing to the Bulls kinda took some of that hope away of a victory in the semis, which will no doubt be against either the Bulls or the Magic. Still, I think there's at least a slim chance of a miracle on 33rd Street if they can get past the Celtics on good form.

Guest The Beltster

I dont see the Knicks getting past Boston, they are too inconsistent and the Celts are proven plus Boston need to get into the 2nd round to dispatch the Miami super friends.

If Orlando get by the Hawks, who they swept last year but have had nightmares with this year, we get the Bulls who are currently the best team on the planet. Tough road to the finals, I'm not confident this year like I was the past 2.

Lame.

Guest John Hancock
I think if the Knicks get past Boston, then they'll make it all the way to the semis, just because they're going to have a relatively easy quarter final I think, to play the winner of Magic vs. Bulls, which they'll lose. But, yeah, I'm not even confident of them beating Boston.

Guest The Beltster

If they beat the Celtics, to reach the eastern conference finals the'd have to beat Miami too...those are 2 very tough, deep, talented teams. I think the stars would have to align for NY to go through both of them. The east is deep as hell this year.

I expect a Bulls/Miami ECF. I hope I'm wrong, I want Orlando to at least reach the ECF, anything less is going to be a massive disappointment, but ATL in the first round is going to be tougher than people think.

Nervous times.

Guest Drake

Whoa, Belty is a Magic too. :)

Like you said, I want the Magic to win it all but it looks tought as hell, especially considering the depth in the East this year.

Guest The Beltster
Whoa, Belty is a Magic too. :)

Like you said, I want the Magic to win it all but it looks tought as hell, especially considering the depth in the East this year.

Since 1989 bro, love the Magic, praying D12 doesn't leave after next season and pull a Shaq and join the damn Lakers.

If Miami wins it all this year I'll f'n cry!

Guest The Beltster
F*cking Pacers with a pathetic meltdown in the final 2 minutes. They could have taken a 1-0 lead on the Bulls and gave the same away. Christ!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Matthews

As a Chicago native, I gotta cheer the Bulls.

I'm not gonna lie, seeing the Bulls win 3 of their 4 games against the Pacers by making comebacks in the 4th quarter made me nervous...but I think it's more of a "matchup" thing than anything. Bulls will (hopefully) beat Hawks no problem. Then it'll be on to the Celtics (who I think will beat the Heat).

That'll be interesting, for sure.

In the West, I actually think the Mavericks can take it. Call me crazy, but I think they've played great so far, and I think they have a serious chance at making it to the finals.....where they'll fall to Chicago ;)

Guest The Beltster

I was looking forward to a Magic/Bulls series, I think the Magic can beat the Bulls but the f*cking Hawks came in and wiped us out. Terrible match ups with Atlanta (they have so many bigs to throw at Dwight) and a massive shooting slump just killed us, I'm so unimpressed.

Good luck to Chicago, I want to see them eat the Hawks alive and then destroy the Heat or Celtics. If LeBron gets a ring I'll blow my own brains out!

Guest John Hancock

You put up more of a fight than the Knicks. Only team of the year not to win a single gam. Proud.

I want Memphis to win (my girlfriend's Dad's from Tennessee, and that's more of a connection than I have with any of the other teams) but I REALLy don't see it happening. As long as the Celtics or the Lakers don't win, I'll be okay.

Guest The Beltster
Orlando shouldnt have put up a fight though, they should have smashed the Hawks. They didnt care, they showed no effort, thats whats so annoying about it. The Hawks are f*cking garbage!

Guest John Hancock
That's true, Magic are the better team six days of the week. Maybe it's because they knew that that they didn't give the Hawks any respect when it came to playing them.

Guest The Beltster
They didnt give them any respect and they got what they deserved, a first round ass whipping. They swept the Hawks 4-0 in the 2nd round last year by an average of 26 points per game, it was the most lop sided series in NBA history, then this year, they lost to them 3 of 4 times in the regular season and lost 4-2 in the playoffs, because they thought they could just turn it on in the playoffs. W@nkers!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Twig

The "not giving a team respect" excuse doesnt hold up in a best of seven series. After the first game its a slap in the face, and a wake up call.

Naturally I'm rooting for my hometown team, the no 1 seed, with the leagues most valuable player, and the leagues coach and executive of the year... The Chicago Bulls.

Somehow they were considered the underdog against the Miami Heat, even though they beat them every time they played in the regular season. Well Bulls crushed em in game one something like 103-82. And Derrick Rose, the MVP, wasnt even as dominate as he could've been. Its our bench that won us this game. Theyre one of, if not, THE highest scoring bench in the league. Which is why we call em the bench mob. Bulls defense is also phenomenal. Lebron and Wade were shut down, cant handle our D. Bulls roster is too deeptoo, and the Heat only got three guys they can rely on.

Bulls to the finals in six games.

Also, how crazy is it that the Lakers got SWEPT out of the playoffs? No one saw that coming.

Edited by Twig

Guest The Beltster
The "not giving a team respect" excuse doesnt hold up in a best of seven series. After the first game its a slap in the face, and a wake up call.
No, I disagree with you completely. If you listened to every post game interview with Magic players and personnel, they were saying "They cant beat us 4 times out of 7" and "We'll flip the switch". They didnt give them any respect over the entire series and they lost. Orlando ARE a more talented team than Atlanta. Orlando won 52 games, Atlanta won 44. Atlanta dont give Orlando any overly difficult match up problems, they just didnt put in the effort because they didnt think Atlanta could beat them, thats a lack of respect and it killed them.

Naturally I'm rooting for my hometown team, the no 1 seed, with the leagues most valuable player, and the leagues coach and executive of the year... The Chicago Bulls.
Well....the official league MVP I guess, but not the most deserving :P

Somehow they were considered the underdog against the Miami Heat, even though they beat them every time they played in the regular season. Well Bulls crushed em in game one something like 103-82. And Derrick Rose, the MVP, wasnt even as dominate as he could've been. Its our bench that won us this game. Theyre one of, if not, THE highest scoring bench in the league. Which is why we call em the bench mob. Bulls defense is also phenomenal. Lebron and Wade were shut down, cant handle our D. Bulls roster is too deeptoo, and the Heat only got three guys they can rely on.

Bulls to the finals in six games.

Also, how crazy is it that the Lakers got SWEPT out of the playoffs? No one saw that coming.

"Somehow" they were considered the underdogs?! Of course they were. Every team that played Miami all season were considered the underdogs, even if they were playing better because the little group of Superfriends in Miami are the league darlings. F*ck LeGone!

The problem with Miami is, when they play a team with good team defence, they start running these retarded ISO plays for James and Wade, and they try and beat teams on their own. It never works unless they are playing against a scrub team like Golden State or Minnesota.

Still, I wouldnt get too confident. The league and the refs still want LeBron to get his first ring, they wont stop until he does.

Guest Twig

There's no excuse to keep underestimating a team as they beat you four times. Thats just plain stupidity. Theres NO excuse for it.

D Rose earned everything hes got. I.dont have to say any more on that.

And yeah after listing the bulls accolades and mentioning how they've not lost to the heat yet this year, yeah people were dumb for thinking this would be the James & Wade show. Its just one game, but it was a dominant win, and showed how the bulls are the more complete team.

And btw, the heat are ANYTHING BUT the league darlings. Saying that shows how out of touch you are with whats going on in the nba. The Heat are the villans of the league. Lebron is hated for the self-indulgent "The Decision" tv show where he took up air time to tell everyone hes going to miami. Also every major market team and their fanbase were so pissed off that james, wade, and bosh jerked everyone around before conspiring to all go to Miami together. Its not just Cleveland that was pissed.

And chicago knows all about inconsistent reffing. There are times when derrick rose can't buy a foul call, even when hes getting smacked in the face on jumpers. Even happened a few games against the Hawks.

Edited by Twig

Guest The Beltster
There's no excuse to keep underestimating a team as they beat you four times. Thats just plain stupidity. Theres NO excuse for it.
There is no excuse, I didnt say there was any excuse, but that doesnt change the facts that Orlando didnt respect the team and lost to them.

D Rose earned everything hes got. I.dont have to say any more on that.
He has, I like Rose alot, great player, but he's no Dwight Howard I'm afraid, thats the guy who deserved the MVP award, its proven that he effects more plays on both the offensive and defensive end than Rose, the reason Rose won is because his team won a lot more games than Howard's did which is retarded, Rose has a much better team around him than Howard, this is supposed to be an individual award, they shouldnt take into account how many games the team wins unless its proven one guy is carrying them on his back which Rose wasnt.

And yeah after listing the bulls accolades and mentioning how they've not lost to the heat yet this year, yeah people were dumb for thinking this would be the James & Wade show. Its just one game, but it was a dominant win, and showed how the bulls are the more complete team.

And btw, the heat are ANYTHING BUT the league darlings. Saying that shows how out of touch you are with whats going on in the nba. The Heat are the villans of the league. Lebron is hated for the self-indulgent "The Decision" tv show where he took up air time to tell everyone hes going to miami. Also every major market team and their fanbase were so pissed off that james, wade, and bosh jerked everyone around before conspiring to all go to Miami together. Its not just Cleveland that was pissed.

I'm perfectly in touch with the NBA thanks. They are the villians of the league in the fans eyes, but they get more games on national TV than any other team INCLUDING the 2-time defending (well, until they got swept!) champion Lakers, they get more press worldwide than any other team, David Stern would like to have sex with them more than he would any other team, the refs, just like they always have, are in LeBron James' pocket, he gets every call, every game, all the time. They ARE the league darlings, end of story, end of debate, fact.

Guest Twig

Alright, let's redefine the term "darling" just to fit your point. I havent seen that kind of vocabulary-abuse since George W Bush redefined torture. Theyre hated by everyone outside of Miami even by the media, except for those who just like to be contrary.

But this is a wrestling site, were all familiar with the concept of a heel that draws. Which is what the heat are. And the Bulls are giving the rest of the country exactly what they want to see.