Fan Clubs (beta)

NBA Playoffs 2011

Guest The Beltster

Guest John Hancock
In wrestling, I think that Belty means "darling" as in "John Cena is the darling of wrestling", whilst Twig means it as in 'Brian Danielson is the darling of wrestling".

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
Alright, let's redefine the term "darling" just to fit your point. I havent seen that kind of vocabulary-abuse since George W Bush redefined torture. Theyre hated by everyone outside of Miami even by the media, except for those who just like to be contrary.

But this is a wrestling site, were all familiar with the concept of a heel that draws. Which is what the heat are. And the Bulls are giving the rest of the country exactly what they want to see.

What is wrong with you? Why have you got such a bad demeanor? Have I said something that has gotten under your skin or something because you are currently getting under my f*cking skin something chronic with your cocky ass little attitude...

I said they were LEAGUE DARLINGS (I didnt mention fan or media darlings).....as in David Stern and THE LEAGUE......THE LEAGUE.....love them. They have THE LEAGUE (you get that I'm talking about the league right? The L-E-A-G-U-E!) in their pocket. Stern is in love with LeBron and they get preferential treatment in the form of more national and international exposure than any other team including the champions and all the ref calls going their way all the time. Why? Because the league, as in Stern and his little band of merry men, love the Heat.

Its not my fault you dont understand what league darlings means mate, thats on you. I hope to see the Bulls sweep them, but you could be the only person on this planet that would change my mind right now and make me want to see LeBron and his little super friends team wipe the Bulls out :lol

Edited by The Beltster

Guest Twig
I'm the one with the bad attitude? Jesus. I'm not gonna get into a shouting match with you now. The heat get so much exposure cuz they've got big stars that the nation hates, dont see why you dont understand my point. Stern is giving the fans what they want to see, the heat. But they want to see the heat lose.

Guest The Beltster
I'm the one with the bad attitude? Jesus. I'm not gonna get into a shouting match with you now. The heat get so much exposure cuz they've got big stars that the nation hates, dont see why you dont understand my point. Stern is giving the fans what they want to see, the heat. But they want to see the heat lose.
Yeah, you are. I didnt say anything to you that was cocky or arrogant and then you came out with your "This shows how out of touch you are" comment and continually got more and more pissy with each passing post. So you are the one with the bad attitude.

I do understand your point and I agree with it, but you are arguing against something I never said! When did I say they dont get tons of exposure due to the big stars? When did I say they were fan or media darlings? I didnt, thats what you made out I said. Not once did I though. EVER! I said they were league darlings, which they 100% undoubtedly are and you argued it and threw out more comments like I dont know what the words mean and I'm butchering the vocabulary or some nonsense all because you cant comprehend what league darlings means or misread what I wrote. Either way, you got it wrong and got a pissy on.

I cant put my finger on why you've gotten so irked, maybe you dont like that I said Howard deserved the MVP over Rose, which he did, but even that shouldnt get you in a foul mood I wouldnt have thought seeing as its only my opinion and doesnt change that Rose is the (undeserving :lol) MVP anyway.

Either way, the Heat are league darlings and the league will do their best to get James his first ring. Anybody who cant see the bias they have towards them in almost every game is blind or a Miami Heat fan. Bulls fans beware, this series isnt over until its over.

Guest Twig
Thats the thing. I'm not irked. You can't read what tone or emotion I'm writing with. Youre the one gettin all pissy. I'm fine.

Guest The Beltster
Regardless, you are still the one offering arrogant comments. I'm "out of touch" because you cant understand what I'm talking about....makes sense...

Guest Boyo

So those playoffs, yeah? :)

My friend Stefanie is a Mavs fan living in LA and she went to a match. I know the Mavs won one of those matches but did they knock the Lakers out completely?

Cheers!

Guest John Hancock
So those playoffs, yeah? :)

My friend Stefanie is a Mavs fan living in LA and she went to a match. I know the Mavs won one of those matches but did they knock the Lakers out completely?

Cheers!

Yeah, they won four games to nothing. It was the most one sided series of the entire semi-finals, score-wise. Now they up against New Orleans in the western final.

No one cares about the west coast though :P

Guest The Beltster

New Orleans were already knocked out by the Lakers in the first round bud, the Mavs are facing Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference Finals. Game 1 is tonight at 9:30pm eastern I think.

Bulls vs Heat is the series to watch though, I think everybody who doesnt live in Miami are hoping for a Chicago beat down.

Guest Boyo

Last year I went to Lakers vs Oklahoma game one of the playoffs; Durant vs Kobe. I was in LA for the week and Durant was getting hyped like anything. Come game time he got 11 points and Kobe got about 30-something haha.

Cheers!

Guest Drake

Ok, let's talk about the real thing that matters in these playoffs and that's f'n J.J BAREA! From Mayaguez, Puerto Rico. He's 6 ft with his shoes on, but he's ripping everyone apart!

P.R in da' house! :tban

Guest The Beltster
Last year I went to Lakers vs Oklahoma game one of the playoffs; Durant vs Kobe. I was in LA for the week and Durant was getting hyped like anything. Come game time he got 11 points and Kobe got about 30-something haha.

Cheers!

That was nerves though, I think it was OKC's first playoff trip and they had the defending champions to deal with. OKC ended up taking them to the limit though before losing the series. Durant is a beast.

Guest Twig

Maybe not nerves exactly, but a lack of playoff experience. Anyone will tell you that playoff basketball is a totally different game. Way more physical and emotional, but also so much more strategic. In the regular season they play so many games, with the teams constantly changing. In the playoffs youve got time to prepare for the other team, and the ability to adjust strategies between games.

Thats another reason I gove the edge to the bulls over the heat. Weve got the coach of the year, and the heat has Supolstra... Who sucks. I'd say hes a puppet of Pat Riley, but Pat doesn't have time to do everything a coach would with his executive duties. still, I'm sure every major coaching decision gets pats approval before it goes through.

Man the time between games in the ecf is ridiculous. Ok, blame oprah for the days between games one and two, but theres no reason that game three isnt until sunday... Except that the commish wants this ratings giant of a series games played on primetime spots.

Edited by Twig

Guest The Beltster
If you're a big game player, then nerves shouldn't come into it though surely?
I think anybody who is in their very first ever playoff game/series is going to have nerves. Add to this that it was against the defending NBA champions on their home court and that adds even more.

Guest Boyo

Yeah, plus I was there going:

"Woooooooaaaaah... YOU FAT BAST*RD! AAAGGGHHHHH!!!!"

...at every free throw :P.

Cheers!

Whatever happens I'll just be glad to see a different team come in and break the mainly Laker and Spurs grip on the NBA Championship.

As a Magic man I would love to see the Bulls crush the Heat to partly quell my annoyance at Orlando's captilulation to the Atlanta Hawks. Like Belty says Magic are better then them, IMO that should have been a sweep or at worst a five game series in the Magic's favour but they were undone by underestimating their foe, something you cannot do when the stakes are as high as they are in a playoff game.

I just hope to god the annoying trio of LeBron, Wade and Bosh don't get rings (well in Wade's case, a second ring) but alas, I too am of the opinion that the League and ESPN would love them to, just like they loved it when Kobe and Shaq had their little dealio going on over at the Lakers.

Guest The Beltster
The league will do anything in their power to get LeBron a ring, so whoever plays against that team will be swimming against the tide with the refs against them like they were when they used to play the Cavs the last couple years. Its a f*cking disgrace!

Guest Twig

Yeah, the refs are frustrating, but they dont take games away from teams. Rose not scoring in the fourth and noah doing nothing all game killed us.

But yeah, bs whistles will change the way a team plays cuz they know theyll get bs calls from then on. Happened game two second quarter in chicago too. Four bulls fouls in under a minute. Killed their momentum when they were starting to build a lead.