Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club III

I thought Tori Amos was Delirium not Death. Anyway, I've put it off long enough...

Phil

Tribuzy & Bruce Dickinson - Tears Of The Dragon

Bruce Dickinson is a mutant. There is no way that guy can be human. This is an epic power ballad and that's okay. I've never heard this song before, but it feels like I have. What's up with that? Oh no... here comes the gallop. Off to slay my enemies I suppose. Too late... SOLOS! Jesus Christ this song never ends. That Dragon ran out of tears @ about 4:45. Self indulgent metal head bullshit!

8/10

ALESTORM - Keelhauled

What is this, I don't even... I don't think I like this. No, I don't think I like this at all. I don't know what to say really besides this song is making me dislike pirates and I like pirates. Or at least I did. Shame on you, Alestorm.

1/10

Tajiri-San

Gallows-Sick Of Feeling Sick

More like sick of listening to this song. This is post punk hardcore for no reason. There are too many bands that do it way better. I will never listen to this song again.

1/10

Tori Amos - Happy Phantom

Thank f*cking Christ I don't have to listen to this horrible woman's voice ever again. I used to like this song. I had this album. I used to be a big Tori Amos fan. Then one day... she broke my heart and I've never forgiven her.

0/10

Pearl Shaun2Jam

Queens of the Stone Age - The Sky Is Fallin'

Ah, some progressive sludge. I can dig it. I have this album and I've listened to it a few times. It's pretty good. I enjoy this. The vox are great and the not so subtle tempo changes are great.

7/10

Pearl Jam - Breath

Another song I don't have to listen to because I've heard it so many times, but I'm gonna listen to it anyway. I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan. I have all their stuff and tons of bootlegs. Pearl Jam is my overall favorite band of all time. I've seen 'em live and support everything they do. Eddie Vedder is one of my heroes and Mike McCready is one of my favorite guitarists.

9/10

Dante

Taylor Swift - Long Live

I don't like this and I don't like Taylor Swift. She's hot and she has a great voice, I'm just not a fan of her or her music. I can't stand this cookie cutter Disney sounding pop garbage.

1/10

My Boomerang Won't Come Back - Charlie Drake

Obvious troll is obvious. :lol

1/10

Spring

The Primitives - Thru The Flowers

This isn't so bad. It's inoffensive. It's nice and mellow with a groovy little beat.

4/10

The Ramones - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker

It's the Ramones.

10/10

Beefhead

The other 'Viking' band you're thinking about is Amon Amarth. If it's not then you can f*ck right off.

John Frusciante - Dying

John Frusciante is a master guitarist and a musical genius. He also has a very emotional voice. I love this song. There's nothing about it that I don't like.

9/10

Serj Tankian - Goodbye - Gate 21

Serj is a champion of the Earth. He has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard. Having Tom Morello on this track didn't hurt. I'm goosebumping.

8/10

Good choices, Def.

Edited by Maxximus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're both wrong. Sorta.

From Wiki:

The most commonly recognized source of inspiration for Delirium is that of Neil's personal friend and well-known musician Tori Amos ("..Neil believes I'm more Delirium than Tori, and Death taught me to accept that...").[2] However, in The Sandman Companion, Gaiman stated specifically that he did not meet Tori Amos until several years after the Delirium character had been created.[3] In that book Gaiman listed the immediate inspirations as postmodern feminist writer Kathy Acker, artist Jill Thompson, and parts of himself. Granted, he'd later admit "Delirium was created before I met Tori, but they steal shamelessly from each other

Guest Springsteen

John Frusciante - Dying

Yeah enjoyed this, vocally it *can* be awkward to listen to at times but with the flow of the song is works well. 8/10

Serj - Goodbye

Pretty much the same thoughts with this, only not as full with praise, nothing wrong with it though, lots of positives to be taken here. 7/10.

The Primitives-Thru the flowers

This is pretty damned good, I hadnt heard this one before. Mind I dont know much of their stuff, but I enjoy what I do hear, its like a slightly hippy version of Blondie. :lol

Yeah, a solid 8/10

The Ramones- Sheena is a punk rocker

Not much needs to be said other than CLASSIC! 9/10

John Frusciante - Dying

The voice irritates me and the music makes my teeth ache. 3/10

I find him very hit and miss, this one is more hit than miss. The music is very cool, very much enjoyable. 7/10

Taylor Swift - Long Live

Just bland pop with the country voice. Could be typical commercial break music, Taylor doesn't do anything for me.

2/10

Charlie Drake - My Boomerang Won't Come Back

wtf was this?! :lol This was plain shit and had little to do with Aborigines.

0/10

They did that song from "Dumb and Dumber" right? Liked that song but this is a bit hmmm. Not bad but wouldn't go out of my way to listen again.

5/10

RAAAAAAMOOOOONES! Love this song, love the Ramones.

10/10

John Frusciante - Dying

I just love the sound of this, sounds really vintage off of a cassette or vinyl. I was actually gonna pick this two music clubs ago but opted for something else. Now John's voice isn't always at its best but he always sounds like he's bleeding emotion.

10/10

It's passable, I like Serj Tankian. The small Axis of Justice reunion spiked my rating, Tom certainly added a little flavour to the song.

7/10

-----------------------

So guys, keep your reviews and picks going.

Guest BratSan

dsrchris

Danielle Luppi and Dangermouse - Two Against One

I like this, really do. Vocally it's pretty good and the mellowness lets me chill and enjoy to this tune anytime of the day. Good one. 8/10

Mastodan - Curl of the Burl

Good one too but not as great. Love Mastodon but this track just doesn't make me hit the super like button straightaway. Video is freakin crazy at times. :) 6/10

Maxximus

iwrestledabearonce - You know that ain't them dogs' real voices

****in' hate growling, hate them. Sorry Max, but this didn't appeal to me whatsoever. 0/10

The Dresden Dolls - Sex Changes

Sorry again, but this is poor. The voice is absolutely Cher-ish and forgettable. Meh, pretty forgettable. 2/10

Phil

Tribuzy featuring Bruce Dickinson - Tears of the Dragon live

Enjoyable. Vocals are pretty strong, but I felt it gave away too much at certain times and was not in sync with the guitar being played along. But hey, that just me, but the song overall scores a solid 8/10.

Alestorm - Keelhauled

Yay. Behold the Pirates!! The tune is sickeningly fast and the pretty awesome. Not too keen on the vocals though. 7/10

Anime Otaku

Gallows - Sick Of Feeling Sick

Nah. Too bland for me. Pretty generic as already mentioned. Cant even get away with the Punk flavor. Nah. 3/10

Love anything with solo Piano. Tori Amos has a nice voice. This is nothing great but a pretty good one and catchy one too. 8/10

Shaun2J

Queens of the Stone Age - The Sky Is Fallin

The guitar riff is the killer. Vocally a tad bit on the lower side. Good one with kick-ass tune and riffs. 7/10

Pearl Jam - Breath

Been a fan of them, churning out good music, and this one is no different. Good pick Shaun. 9/10

Edited by BratSan

Guest BratSan

Dante Spears

Taylor Swift- Long Live

I don't believe that I am saying this, but I seem to like this one. The vocals are good and the lyrics is touching too. Ok, before I embarrass myself anymore, I will stop here and just rate 6/10

Charlie Drake-My Boomerang won't come back

What the F**k is this? Quit trolling Dante. 0/10

Springsteen

The Primitives-Thru the flowers

The tune is good but the vocals seem to fade away alongside the music. Overall not bad and has a feel-good touch to it. 7/10

The Ramones- Sheena is a punk rocker

Don't need to listen to it. Rated 10/10

TheDef

John Frusciante - Dying Song

Pretty impressed with this track. Lovely vocals. Nice feel and melody to the tune. 7/10

Serj Tankian - Goodbye

This one is pretty good too. But the vocals are not too impressive though. For me music is the sole saving grace on this one. Having said that overall it pretty neat. 6/10

BratSan

Carla Azar - Tomorrow Never Knows

This is just middle of the road for me. It's so middle of the road, it has white stripes on it. I'll probably never knowingly listen to his again, not because it's bad... it's mind numbingly meh, is all.

4/10

Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks

Been hearing this all over the place recently, or at least the bass riff for it. It's on adverts and sports show... it's just an average song, can't say it's awful. The riff IS good, though...

6/10

DSRChris

Two Against One featuring Jack White - Rome

I really like this, even if parts of it remind me a bit of "You Put The Lime In The Coconut" - trust me, it's there. Foot tappingly good, this is.

8/10

Mastodon - Curl The Burl

I'm not usually a big fan of Mastodon, but this, I love. It has a Josh Homme thing going on that draws me in. I may be checking out the new album is the stuff is in this style...

9/10

MaxxiFisto The Clown

iwrestledabearonce - You know that ain't them dogs' real voices

This is just too far gone for me. The screamo thing takes it way out of my comfort zone. It's fine when she drops a notch to the singing parts but the screamo thing just isn't my bag.

3/10

The Dresden Dolls - Sex Changes

Amanda F'n Palmer is awesome. Love her stuff, even if I don't actually own any - YouTube is full of it, thankfully. Top choice!

9/10

Phil

Tribuzy featuring Bruce Dickinson - Tears of the Dragon

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce... his solo stuff was hit or miss. It was joyous and free, or it was bland, predictable shite. Thankfully, this was one of the better ones. Can't fault it specially as it's the man himself singing.

9/10

Alestorm - Keelhauled

Pirate Rock ahoy! I went to see a pirate rock band in Glasgow once, and hugely enjoyed it. Wasn't far from this track, so I shall arrrrrr along with it.

8/10

Anime

Gallows - Sick Of Feeling Sick

Never got the thype surround this lot. Average, average band. Don't stick out in any way at all for me. Forgettable.

4/10

Her voice makes me want to kill things. I'm not likely to enjoy this. (3 mins later) Nope, I didn't

1/10

Shaun

Queens Of The Stone Age - The Sky Is Fallin'

All hail the Ginger Elvis! Love QOTSA, and this is one of my favourites. Haven't listened to any of their albums in ages. This must be corrected.

9/10

Pearl Jam - Breath

Pearl Jam before Eddie lost the plot and whined his way to obscurity... I still listen to 10 and rearviewmirror a lot today. That era of PJ was incredible.

9/10

Dante Spears

Taylor Swift - Long Live

Next

1/10

Charlie Drake - My Boomerang Won't Come Back

I remember listening to this as a kid and thinking it was the funniest thing in the world. It's not, obviously. But it still raises a smile, and it's not Taylor Swift.

5/10

Springsteen

I can dig this. It's jangly jnalgy guitar which I usually don't like much, but it's not irritatingly high in the mix so I can deal with it. Pretty good.

7/10

YES! One of their finest moments, so overlooked, along with The KKK Took My Baby Away. I LOVE this song.

9/10

TheDef

John Frusicante - Dying

Yeah, it's OK. I can see myself checking out his solo stuff. At least it is a departure from the Chilis after he left, and not more of the same. Likey.

8/10

Serj Tankian - Goodbye Gate 21

Serj is insane, but in the best way. I like this, although I never get the need for solo stuff that sounds exactly like the band you left to do solo stuff. Seems a waste. But, meh. I like nevertheless.

8/10