Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE NXT 2013

Guest Alexanderdgreat

Guest Jimmy Redman

The girls tag was SO MUCH FUN. Bayley strangling Nattie in excitement, then copying Nattie's moves in tribute Eugene-style, the heels running around and bumping all over the place like great stooges, and the finish with Bayley saying "I'm sorry" to Nattie and the heels making the greatest walk back up the ramp in wrestling history.

Great shit. All the girls rule.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely Paige getting a win over the number one contender to the main rosters Women's title and surviving her submission finisher that every other Diva on the roster instantly taps too could be seen as her call up will happen soon?

Seriously want to see AJ v Paige in a match like the one she had with Nattie on NXT, it is just so very rare they let the women do those type of matches, hell even sometimes the men so it was a breath of fresh air.

As bad as this sounds, I really don't want Paige to leave NXT. The second she steps up to the main roster she becomes "just another diva", whereas at the minute she's getting plenty of time to put on great matches. I can't see her working well under the usual "here's 90 seconds, have a match" mentality they have towards the ladies on the main shows.

Guest Jimmy Redman

"PO-CA-HON-TAS!" (cannot be unseen)

"DROP THE TI-TLE!"

"WE WILL RIOT!"

"BO-RING!"

I mean, I'm not kidding, they weren't chanting "BORING". They were chanting "BO-RING".

The NXT crowd vs Bo is the greatest ever.

I also loved how when Neville hit their boy T-Breeze they VEHEMENTLY turned on him. Until he went back to wrestling Bo.

During the main, when people weren't chanting things I was busy trying to play Spot The Random NXTer From The Performance Skills Videos Who Hasn't Debuted Yet. I found the gay French dude, and the cowboy hat wearing people, but that was about it. Oh and Shawn Spears.

Oh yes, this show also features: DAMERICAN WOL-PITBULLS~!

Hmm...Generico armdrags Claudio around. Davey Richards gets dropped on his head. Pac does lots of flipz. NXT has fallen asleep and woken up in PWG it seems.

The announcing on this show was atrocious, by the way. The only thing worse than Alex Riley trying to be a heel is Byron Saxton trying to be a heel. SHUT THE F*CK UP AND ANNOUNCE LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE. NXT DOESN'T NEED BULLSHIT HEEL ANNOUNCER SCHTICK, ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN IT IS DONE AS SHITTILY AS YOU PEOPLE. SHUT UP.

In brighter news, REGAL VS CESARO. NEXT WEEK. GET HYPE.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Guest Jimmy Redman

Co-signed.

Dawson, along with every other NXT PBP guy, is bland and mediocre as hell and useless without Regal there, but is perfectly fine as a bland, beige PBP there to move things along and ask Regal how that move feels. Regal is Regal. And like you say, throw Renee Young out there every other week to flirt with Regal and analyse the motivations of various Divas.

The current non-Regal-weeks set up is seriously overcrowded and ineffective. Three man booths with no engaging or likeable personalities and at least one guy playing a really poor man's JBL (who himself is a really poor man's JBL already)...it sucks and is a chore to listen to. The absolute LAST thing NXT needs to do is copy the current WWE commentary structure and style. It's really terrible, and even if it wasn't, it is still really unsuited and unnecessary for NXT, which is presented so very differently to the main shows. No bullshit required for this show.

Argh. I love the show, but the announcing has been heading in a terrible direction.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Yeah, mainly. It's weird because they almost can't even decide who is the heel. On this show I think all three dudes (Byron, Dawson and Tensai) went off on a heelish tangent at some point, and then was back to babyface the next. Just Byron more than others.

It was a total shemozzle.

Just to be picky, Tony Dawson was released a few months back, the guy who's around most nowadays is Tom Phillips. Maybe that proves how ineffective the announce teams are being when it's difficult to tell one PBP guy from the other.

The shows are getting a bit meh at the moment. Interesting to see how the American Wolves/Pitbulls were in a pretty one-sided match whilst the commentators spoke about how close they came to winning. I still see no star power in Rick Victor as part of the Ascenion.

This weeks NXT is AMAZING. Year in review recap with a few thrown in promos, including a Sami Zayn one that sets up a match on a future show, and an incredible, almost MOTY Cesaro-Regal match. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

I agree.

Trust NXT to be the show that takes the standard "Year in Review" episode of WWE and make it a worthwhile exercise.

The promos from Sami Zayn, Paige (who was rather heelish), Bo Dallas, Cesaro and (especially) Regal were great, the re-caps were presented in a manner that kept the content interesting, Renee Young was amazing as usual and the main-event was a fitting end to a great year for the developmental show.

Oh, and if you watch it for anything, watch it for John Cena calling somebody SAWFT!!

Guest Jimmy Redman
Oh, and if you watch it for anything, watch it for John Cena calling somebody SAWFT!!

Was this an actual segment from TV? I need to see this if so.

But seriously people, Regal vs Cesaro.