Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE NXT 2013

Guest Alexanderdgreat

Guest Alexanderdgreat

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i102/salleynev1/1_75.jpg

I wanted to know if anyone in the community is watching NXT? And what do you think about the job William Regal is doing with the program? This past episode William Regal was in rare form getting a foot/head massage during one of the matches. He has taken this show and has made it must see T.V. for all fans of wrestling.

William Regal- "You would be so disappointed if you ever got anything from me. Im not used to ladies of your caliber at all."

Maxine- "It wouldn't take much... Mr. Regal...I wouldn't be disapointed."

William Regal- "It wouldn't be much...believe me..."

Not to mention all the fun taking place back stage :xyx

Edited by FreeSpirit

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

Its a big call, but with Superstars dropping off in quality since 2011 its almost like NXT is the new Superstars, where ten people watch it and find some awesome stuff going on when nobody is looking. The entire Bateman/Maxine/Curtis/Kaitlyn shenanigans, Regal on commentary, guys like Trent, Tyson, Yoshi, Usos doing work, guys like Riley and Percy getting some time, and etc.

Cant wait to see Regal and Maxine this week.

Also, last week was the first time I watched Mike McG and didnt think he was utterly useless. Looking forward to the Tyson match too.

Also this can be the ongoing NXT thread.

Guest Ciaran The King
NXT is a gem of a programme, alright so it's not advertised properly and given enough attention but the matches on there can be very good

First time I've watched NXT in ages, and I gotta say, William Regal alone makes it worth watching. The man's a genius.

The commentary during the massage section is amazing:

"Do you know, my brother had both his hands cut off in an accident? Yeah, terrible shame, he turned to crime and became a professional doughnut stealer"

"Oh my Lord, can you find my liver? I left it in a bar in Vegas somewhere..."

"The tears are running down my legs..."

"Don't let anybody see m'bald spot, love"

"I'm all ****-a-hoop here!"

Edited by Inno

Guest Alexanderdgreat

I just tune in to all wrestling programs due to the fact that i'm a wrestling junkie. I find myself not being able to wait for next week episode of NXT tho. Do you guys think that since its less than an hour long that it seems to be filled with more entertainment and would a 2 hour program water down the product? Or is William Regal just that FN brilliant? Or are they just hot right now?

And Superstars isn't doing that bad either.

Guest Maximinn

NXT is so much better now that they've stopped dressing it up as a gameshow with those ridiculous challenges. I think of it as Superstars with storylines.

Regal has always been this brilliant hasn't he? He's hilarious.

There's such a big difference in quality between this and Raw/Smackdown though. Not the actual wrestling but the backstage segments and storylines. I particularly notice it in the Kaitlyn/Bateman/Maxine/Curtis story. Curtis seems to be the only one of the 4 who can act. Kaitlyn and Bateman remind me of an amateur dramatics exercise and Maxine isn't much better. Is this just because they're not as experienced as the guys on the main shows? I don't remember Kaitlyn being this bad when she was on Smackdown before. Is it the writing thats poorer? Or maybe they get more freedom on NXT to diverge from the script and they're not doing it for the better?

Obviously I don't expect NXT to be up to the exact same standards as Raw but I was surprised just how big the rift is.

Guest Da Showstoppa
Regal, hands down needs to be on a bigger show - he's entertaining in every segment he's in and his commentary is fantastic. HE should be the new GM of SD and Raw.

Guest Jimmy Redman
There's such a big difference in quality between this and Raw/Smackdown though. Not the actual wrestling but the backstage segments and storylines. I particularly notice it in the Kaitlyn/Bateman/Maxine/Curtis story. Curtis seems to be the only one of the 4 who can act. Kaitlyn and Bateman remind me of an amateur dramatics exercise and Maxine isn't much better. Is this just because they're not as experienced as the guys on the main shows? I don't remember Kaitlyn being this bad when she was on Smackdown before. Is it the writing thats poorer? Or maybe they get more freedom on NXT to diverge from the script and they're not doing it for the better?

Obviously I don't expect NXT to be up to the exact same standards as Raw but I was surprised just how big the rift is.

I think the deal with those guys is that this storyline is supposed to be a ridiculous, cheesy, overacted soap opera drama. Thats how they're acting because thats what they are.

Oh, the exchange with Maxine and Curtis just before the kidnapping of Matt Striker:

Maxine: Why would you have chloroform?

Curtis: Why WOULDN'T I have chloroform?

:D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ciaran The King

Watched NXT from Yesterday

McGillicutty and Tyson are building quite the entertaining feud and Regal is pure gold.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Its been good, and the first time that Mike has looked like he isnt completely worthless.

Tyson Kidd is so great.

Also, the continuing soap opera shenanigans are ridiculously fun.

Guest Jimmy Redman

HOLY

MOTHER

BLEEPING

JESUS

F*CKING

SH*T!

Oh...my God.

I've been ranting and raving for months and months and months about how Glee IS pro wrestling, and now...PRO WRESTLING IS GLEE.

Cannot believe what I just watched.

(Just the first minute or so)

[video=youtube;jXqqYS0zfHo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXqqYS0zfHo

Guest Jimmy Redman
It is THE most absurd show of all time. Just completely ridiculous. In that sense, it actually is the Glee of pro wrestling.

Guest Da Showstoppa
NXT is seriously getting to be the highlight of my week.

It just looks like everyone involved is finally getting to have a ridiculous amount of fun doing all this outlandish stuff.

And it always makes a difference when they are clearly enjoying it. It's Regal's show though :D

Regal's story about his suit (being plucked from a leaping Himalayan mountain gazelle by a tribe of aboriginal acrobats in the form of a human pyramid) whilst Josh just occasionally inserts "suplex..." and "side headlock from Percy Watson..." is the funniest thing I've heard for a while.

Guest John Hancock

That episode Jimmy posted was f*cking mental, even down to the completely ridiculous 1990's teen-drama theme music. That's got to be the worst intro music for a pro-wrestling show in history. This is like the worst parts of TNA, the worst parts of Wrestling Society X and the worst parts of RAW, all taped together around some sort of central core of pure cocaine, with Regal just calmly observing the idiocy.

And it's great.

Edited by John Hancock