Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II

Guest John Hancock

Guest The Beltster
And although it wasnt officially, he certainly lost that fight to Bisping and looked crap doing so too.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
I don't think it's anywhere near as cut and dry as you're making out Belty. Plus I'd love someone, ANYONE to smash Silva's face in.
Eh? How is my prediction me being cut and dry but people who are choosing Sonnen to win, their opinions arent?!

Nobody has been able to smash Silvas face in yet, even at the end of the last Sonnen fight (which Sonnen dominated, fair enough, and LOST), look at Silvas face and look at Sonnens. Sonnen was battered and Silva barely touched him.

Silvas going to dismantle him, f*ck him up and put him out.

Eh? How is my prediction me being cut and dry but people who are choosing Sonnen to win, their opinions arent?!

I'm just saying it doesn't seem like you think Sonnen stands even the remotest chance of winning this fight. In your opinion there's absolutely no way on God's green Earth that Sonnen is winning this fight. Trust me, if people were saying there was absolutely positively no way Silva was going to retain his title tonight then I'd say the same thing to them. It's nothing more than a throwaway comment from me because things like:

Silvas going to dismantle him, f*ck him up and put him out.

Sounds like you've already not even considered that Silva could lose. Like that isn't even the remotest possibility to you.

I think it's anyone's fight for the taking, the idea of "Anderson Silva greatest fighter in the world" is actually a lot more intimidating than Anderson Silva himself, and Sonnen don't go in for that kind of pressure and intimidation. I'm looking forward to this match regardless.

Guest The Beltster

I watched Sonnen dominate Silva for 5 rounds....and lose. I've seen Silva beat everybody who the UFC has been put in front of him. I've seen Sonnen look terrible and lose his last fight to Bisping (although he was officially given a BS decision win).

There is a chance Sonnen can win. There's always a chance. My opinion is Silva is going to beat him up and finish him. I'm not saying thats a fact. Its what I think and expect and want to happen. If the fight goes the same way as it did last time, then Silva can lose. I dont think it will go the same way. Sonnen is a great wrestler and Silva's weakness is against great wrestlers, so sure, Silva can lose. But there's a reason Silva is undefeated in the UFC and why he has defended the title 9 times and held it for like 6 years. Because he's the greatest fighter of all time.

Edited by The Beltster

Well you certainly can't argue with Silva's statistics, but I still think this fight is different. Pretty much everyone else I've seen Silva fight (which admittedly is only about 4 fights) has always been all "Oh, Anderson's a great fighter, he's one of the all time greats", and giving him a buttload of respect.

I really like that the only guy to give Anderson a legitimate scare is the only guy who hasn't been all respectful of "The Greatest Fighter of All Time". It's almost like other guys are too in awe of Silva to do anything to him, which is why I think Chael's gonna cause Anderson more problems before the nights done.

Guest Frank Botch

I've got Silva by stoppage in round... three. Really if Sonnen can't take him down it's going to be a massacre. Now, can he take him down... It's touch and go. He struggled with Bisping, and got tired as f*ck, got tagged standing and he is no longer roided to the gills, which is a clear disadvantage for him. In the last fight he landed more, and was getting the belt, but really from the minor shots Anderson had, he was still f*cked up after the fight. And he almost got KO'd by that one elbow. Even if Silva is taken to the mat there is always the triangle. It could be that Anderson toys with him for five after finding that he can defend the takedown, I would enjoy this too I gotta say.

I have

Tito (A matter of which of these two sucks less tonight)

Le (sentiment over sound judgement probably)

Dong (PLEASE)

Cody

Easton

Guest Jimmy Redman
I only saw the first prelim, with that c*ck who was having his face punched in on the ground taunting the guy beating him up with "Come on why dont you fight me?" :lol

Guest Magic

The first fight on the main show was pretty dull. Have had Easton and Mendez to both win. Cody was pretty dire.

Going for Damian Maia in the next.