Martial Arts

UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II

Guest John Hancock

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Eddie
Did anyone see the post fight press conference? Chael handled the loss there with class, he was funny but with the usual seriousness, that's what makes me respect him he talks a lot of trash and says a lot of ridiculous things but he usually accepts defeat graciously. If this what's happening through Chael i'll be disappointed but it might be his last chance at a title shot now, a bit weak but like he said he made a promise to his Dad.

Guest The Beltster

That appeal wont get anywhere.

I really cant see how that punch dropped him either after he got up from the knee, unless he just never recovered from the knee and couldnt breathe and just dropped. The punch was weak as shit and wouldnt have cracked an egg.

Edited by The Beltster

Guest ajkennedy

Aren't CM Punk and Sonnen friends? Very funny though.

It was obvious from the start that Sonnen was never going to appeal. I think the only interesting fights for Silva are 205'ers moving down, because Silva is certainly not going fight Jones or GSP so he can keep his legacy. Rashad would be my preferred fight over anyone at 185.

Guest Eddie
Well i reckon the UFC think that Weidman will be a compelling fight if bisping gets a couple wins the same and if lombard can find the form he did in bellator then thats 3 challenges for him without any 20'ers

Guest ajkennedy
Well i reckon the UFC think that Weidman will be a compelling fight if bisping gets a couple wins the same and if lombard can find the form he did in bellator then thats 3 challenges for him without any 20'ers

Weidman is still another fight away from a title shot (Belcher?), otherwise the UFC would of said that this was a fight to see who fights Silva next. Bisping still hasn't beat anyone top 10 at the time (which is terrible considering MW isn't a great division), and Lombard best win is what? Shlemenko? Boetsch presents his toughest challenge to date. Apparently if Lombard wins he is going to get a title shot.

But seriously, I don't even see a way how these guys beat Silva apart from a punchers chance. This is still a weak division with a very dominant champion who isn't willing to move.

Guest Dusty Finish
Bisping still hasn't beat anyone top 10 at the time (which is terrible considering MW isn't a great division)..... This is still a weak division with a very dominant champion who isn't willing to move.

Bisping beat Sonnen really, didn't he?

Silva, Sonnen, Lombard, Munoz, Weidman, Franklin, Belcher, Shields, Palhares, Okami, Stann, Wanderlei, Belfort, Le, Leben, Boetsch, Phillipou, Crane, Caramont, Herman, Tavares, Cote, Credeur & Dolloway as your (arguable) top 20+ is a weak division? Anderson's brilliance blinds many. Only 155lbs had more depth.

Guest The Beltster
Weidman is still another fight away from a title shot (Belcher?).
That might have been true until he just walked through Munoz and made him look like a complete bitch. The number 2 and 3 ranked guys in the division both lost in the last week. Why not give the shot to Weidman? I would. It might not draw but it should be a good fight.

Bisping beat Sonnen really, didn't he?
Well, he was given the decision, but it was quite obvious that he lost the fight in my opinion.

Guest The Beltster
Apparently Dana said the buyrate sucked....cant be bad when a million buys makes you mad. I dont understand why he thought this show would outdraw UFC 100. It was never going to.

Guest John Hancock
Yeah, I thought the same thing, expecting that show to do 1.6 million in the current pay-per-view climate is just silly, it did really, really well, Dana's expectations are just stupidly high.

Guest The Beltster
If UFC did UFC 100 in 2012, it wouldnt draw 1.6 million. Times have changed. Dana must not have really believed it. Nobody else did.

Guest John Hancock
Dana's saying that this show alone added between $90 and $140 million to the Las Vegas economy.