Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club III

Yes it's time again and this one will be different, this time you get to post three songs! Of course the running order will be scheduled differently to give you more time. So if you want in, then just give a shout! Clubbers from II need to get their reviews finished before participating here.

GO!

- Reno

Friday 20th July

- Maxx

Wednesday 25th July

- dsrchris

Monday 30th July

- Shaun2J

Saturday 4th August

- King

Thursday 9th August

- Hanahbananabob

Tuesday 14th August

- The Magic

Sunday 19th August

- Fletch

Friday 24th August

- Root

Wednesday 29th August

- Inno

Monday 3rd September

- The B-Man

Edited by Shaun2J

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll finish mine tomorrow night, scouts honour. Only got the ones from the last round with mine to review, then I'm in this one :D

You don't have to review your own songs, you're on the list once you do the other songs

Inno you're free to go. :xyx

Guest Hanahbananabob
Weird, I posted here yesterday to say I'm in, but it doesn't seem to have shown up :? Anyway, I'll give this another go :)

• 2 weeks later...

So boys and girls, lets get this started! Here's the running order, remember this time you can post three songs! Can someone sticky this?

GO!

- Reno

Friday 20th July

- Maxx

Wednesday 25th July

- dsrchris

Monday 30th July

- King

Saturday 4th August

- Shaun2J

Thursday 9th August

- Hanahbananabob

Tuesday 14th August

- The Magic

Sunday 19th August

- Fletch

Friday 24th August

- Root

Wednesday 29th August

- Inno

You guys are going to hate these, I think. Come at me, bros.

Maximum volume yields maximum results.

Wolves in the Throne Room - I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots

[video=youtube_share;yTnfzWehaGg]

Sleep - Dopesmoker

[video=youtube_share;_dZFH2M_9VY]http://youtu.be/_dZFH2M_9VY

Beach House - Myth

[video=youtube_share;FuvWc3ToDHg]

Edited by Reno

I love when Reno picks stuff. Makes me feel old as I've never heard of ANY of it. :/

I dig this already based on the name alone. WOLVES! Inside a throne room! THEY THINK THEY'RE PEOPLE!

*ahem*

I like this. It has a nice rolling feel to it, the drumming is crisp and even the SCREAMY vocals don't annoy me as much as they usually do. It's the name, man. Can't hate on that name.

7/10

Sleep - Dopesmoker

I will freely admit, I did not listen to the full hour. An HOUR. 60 minutes. 3600 seconds. Plentymany milliseconds. That's long. And it's heavy. It's like musical lead. Heavy metal? There's an idea for a genre name... I dig this. If it was about 10 minutes long it would be awesome. It's like Kyuss but without the speed so they don't finish the song in under 5 minutes.

6/10 (I like it, but way too long - c'mon man!

Beach House - Myth

Hmm. Not as keen on this. Sounds like something I'd like if I read NME. Bit wishy washy for me. Sinead O'Rebellion-like in places? Not my bag.

3/10

Guest Hanahbananabob

I'm listening to these in reverse, leaving the hour long one til last xD

Beach House - Myth Not really my thing, it sounded like something that was playing at the doctors surgery when i went there last week lol! It wasn't really bad, but a bit slow for my liking, sorry! 4/10

I've never liked music that has screamy vocals but this wasn't actually too bad, as the vocals dont take away from the actual music too much. I liked most of the instrumental parts except for the heavy drumming bit near the middle! So overall, not too bad actually! Can't say I would listen to it again though :P I'll be nice and give it 5/10 as on the whole it was okay :)

Sleep - Dopesmoker

Okay I can review this now that I've listened to it all! Yep, i actually listened to the whole thing, had it playing in the background while playing Call of Duty lol, not a bad soundtrack for that :P Im not too sure what to say about it really, I mean it wasn't awful, but it was quite an annoying drone kind of music lol! I was kinda hoping it would change up a little bit as it went on, but it was like the same thing, for a whole hour, ah well! I agree with Inno, if it had been condensed down to 10 mins or something it would be a lot more bearable, so I will score it 4/10.

Edited by Hanahbananabob

Reno :

I like most kinds of metal except Black and Death so this is not really cup of tea - 3/10

Sleep - Dopesmoker

I liked it, it does actually sound like Kyuss , good riffs not bad at all - 7/10

Beach House - Myth

To arty for me, I bet the lead singer never even drank a pint :lol - 3/10