Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club III

Guest Hanahbananabob

Ghost - Elizabeth This song was pretty good :) I always used to see articles and interviews with Ghost (well, the singer anyway) in Kerrang! magazine but had never heard any of their stuff before. I'll give this 7/10

Plan B - Ill Manners Sorry, I really dont like rap music :( definitely wouldn't listen to this again, sorry! 1/10

Massive Attack - Paradise Circus (Zed's Dead remix) Not my kinda thing really, kinda catchy in places, but not something I would want to listen to again. 3/10

Jeff Buckley - Nightmares by the Sea Hmm, this was okay, I can't really say much else about it lol! 4/10

Soundgarden - 4th of JulyWell this song wasnt bad, but it's not the kind of stuff I've listened to. I don't mind grungey stuff, so I will give this a slightly better rating, 6/10

Johnny Cash - The First Time Ever I saw your face Apart from Ring of Fire I've not really listened to any Johnny Cash stuff! This was way too slow for me, sorry! I don't mind slow songs but I couldn't get into this! 3/10

Edited by Hanahbananabob

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaun2J

Jeff Buckley - Nightmares By The Sea

Not bad but I'm not a fan of that kinda style of rock.........6/10

Soundgarden - 4th of July

Love the opening riff and it just gets better, love Soundgarden..............9/10

Johnny Cash - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

This man was a God no two ways about it :lol, not his best by no means but still a great tune...........8/10

Okay my chocies,

Metallica - Turn the Page.

One of favorite songs by Bob Seger but this is probably the best version of it, Metallica do it so well oh an an awesome video aswell.

[video=youtube;qPOTEs_yTJo]

Next choice is Machine Head - A Thousand Lies

Next to Appetite for Destruction and Definitely Maybe Machine Head's Burn My Eyes is up there as one of my favourite debut albums ever and here is the best track off it

[video=youtube;euqtwPVuB5g]

My last choice is How Do You Sleep? by John Lennon

Great lyrics about his hatred of Paul McCartney at the time.

[video=youtube;LNjTPZW7GCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNjTPZW7GCU

Guest Hanahbananabob

Metallica - Turn the Page I have to say, I'm not much of a Metallica fan, but this song was actually pretty good! Better than most of the ever songs I've heard by them! I'll give this one 7/10 :)

Machine Head - A Thousand Lies Not so keen on this one, sorry! It wasn't bad but not my kind of thing! 4/10

John Lennon - How Do You Sleep? Again, not my thing sorry! 3/10

King

Metallica - Turn The Page

Love this song. Love Bob Seger's original (as everyone really should) but as King says, this version is pretty much the definitive take on the song. Metallica, for all their faults, pay proper respect to the songs they cover and do them justice. With the possible exception of Whiskey In The Jar, butwe'll never talk of that again.

9/10

Machine Head - A Thousand Lies

I like Machine Head, but I've never been a huge disciple of their music. Just something doesn't click about it. Maybe Flynn's voice, I dunno. This is OK, but sounds like a dozen other metal bands out there. And a little but like the Almighty too...

5/10

John Lennon - How Do You Sleep?

This is gonna sound like blasphemy, but I'm not a huge fan of Lennon's solo stuff. It all kinda blended into each other for me, Instant Karma and Imagine aside. This is fine, but nothing stand-out-ish.

5/10

Guest Hanahbananabob

It was actually really hard to pick 3 songs, but here goes! Sorry if these are too mainstream, but I dont listen to a lot of stuff that isn't mainstream!

First off, the most mainstream possible, Burn It Down by Linkin Park. My favourite band ever, brand new album that I can't stop listening to, so I kinda had to pick this! Even though the style is different, on the whole this album sounds a lot like their first album which is great as I loved Hybrid Theory! Struggled to decide which song to go for but went for this!

[video=youtube;dxytyRy-O1k]

Okay, secondly we have Van Nuys by Sixx AM. I really really like this song, I think the singer has a great voice! Before I decided to post this I hadn't heard any of their other stuff, but they actually have a lot of great stuff! But as this is the song that got me into them, I thought I would post this!

[video=youtube;3-8xL9fIz8w]

And finally, Paralyzer by Finger Eleven. This is just an awesome upbeat song that is good for listening to loud :xyx

[video=youtube;BJk6gZuPKRE]

Hanahbananabob

Linkin Park - Burn It Down

For me, Linkin Park have been ever decreasing returns since their debut record, that I loved. I dunno, just feels like autopilot for them now. If you had to describe the average Linkin Park song... this would be it. Soft singing, shouty singing, rap. Done.

3/10

Sixx AM - Van Nuys

I couldn't get into it off the live vid, so I checked out YouToob for a recorded version to see if it would help. It just feels... weird. I dunno. Like it's played at the wrong speed? Not what I expected from a Motley Crue side project, but hey, surprise is good. Can't say I hated it, but not inspiring me to go and check out any more.

6/10

Finger Eleven - Paralyzer

See, this is totally "Inoffensive New Rock Music" - nothing wrong with it, but could be any one of about a dozen bands. It's fine. Perfectly acceptable. But does nothing for me, sorry.

4/10

Lets do this bastard, it's about time too!

Metallica - Turn the Page

Yeah this is OK, in fact I highly dislike Metallica but I'll give them credit for covering Whiskey in the Jar and this. Haven't heard the other covers off Garage Inc. so not sure if they're good. Nice listen.

6/10

Machine Head - A Thousand Lies

I might have to check out Machine Head just for trivia purposes etc. The music isn't really my taste, it would make a nasty wrestler theme though.

5/10

John Lennon - How Do You Sleep?

I doubt there was a huge huge feud between the two or with Starr and Harrison. I've been checking out Beatles stuff the past few weeks and I'm slapping myself for not listening to them before but better late than never. I'm also not keen on Lennon's solo stuff but I like this song, alongside Gimme Some Truth and Imagine it's my favourite.

7/10

Sorry there isn't a band (well maybe Nickelback) I hate most than Linkin Park. I really want to Damien Sandow Linkin Park fans every time because I don't understand why they are some big consensus band with rubbish and repetitive lyrics. Sorry Hanah, I'm an arrogant little git when it comes to music. :P

0/10

Finger Eleven - Paralyzer

Slow Chemical and that's it. Not too keen on this, don't think Finger Eleven would be a band on my list to listen to. The song is poppied up and is inoffensive but I can't see myself listening to this again.

4/10

Sixx AM - Van Nuys

I can't say I'm into Nikki Sixx or Mötley Crüe for that matter. I find it too emotional with the mix of basic hard rock and the keyboards, it#s just one of those songs. Can't say I'd listen to it again.

3/10

Again sorry Hanah.

Edited by Shaun2J

Guest Hanahbananabob

Sorry there isn't a band (well maybe Nickelback) I hate most than Linkin Park. I really want to Damien Sandow Linkin Park fans every time because I don't understand why they are some big consensus band with rubbish and repetitive lyrics. Sorry Hanah, I'm an arrogant little git when it comes to music. :P

0/10

I don't think I will ever be able to post a song which you like then :lol

P.S Nickelback are one of my favourite bands ;)

Guest The B-Man
Damn i've woke up too late to do this this morning. Don't think the girlfriend would appreciate it so hopefully at at least get started on it this avo

[video=youtube_share;ct2M5kUmjvg]

GUN - Break The Silence

First single from the comeback album, all self funded and promoted. The old bass player is now the lead vocalist, this is a wee bit poppier than the bulk of the record, but I like the vid.

*** NSFW ***

[video=youtube_share;yWsSTBgfYmU]

Ginger Wildheart - Another Spinning F**king Rainbow

Written about the little spinny thing that signals buffering, this is from his triple CD 555% and is my absolute favourite track of this year so far. Swearies, though - so be careful.

[video=youtube_share;FmkHqUwa4zg]

Halestorm - Love Bites (So Do I)

Love this band, "discovered" them this year. Must go see them live at some point.

Yeah I'll get round to your picks, maybe three videos aren't a good idea. :P

In fact, I'll do it now!

Gun - Break The Silence

Unless my mind is playing on me, we've had Gun here before? I can't remember them being poppy. It's a bit too poppy for me.

3/10

Ginger Wildheart - Another Spinning F**king Rainbow

I like this, it's catchy. Lyrics sound fun as does the music. I've got that verse music in my head and it's funky in some parts.

7/10

Halestorm - Love Bites (So Do I)

Down the middle on this, it's nice and fast but it slipped away from my ears. Could imagine them being a good live act, since she's got a good voice.

5/10

Edited by Shaun2J