Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Discussion Thread - January 27, 2013 from Phoenix, AZ (#26)

TPIB

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

It would set up Rock/Cena 2, so it would at least have a point other than Cena winning because that's what he does (well, used to do). That said, we all know Vinnie Mac's allergic to logical Rumble winners, especially when so much as one person sees it coming, so f*cking Jinder Mahaal will probably win, just because that's what the WWE does these days.

EDIT: By saying Jinder will win, he now won't, so, whilst I'm here; I think the Great Khali will win, I think Sheamus will win, I think Triple H will win, I think Hornswoggle will win, I think The Miz will win, I think Michael Cole will win, I think Heath Slater will win.

Thank God that's sorted.

It would set up Rock/Cena 2, so it would at least have a point other than Cena winning because that's what he does (well, used to do). That said, we all know Vinnie Mac's allergic to logical Rumble winners, especially when so much as one person sees it coming, so f*cking Jinder Mahaal will probably win, just because that's what the WWE does these days.

EDIT: By saying Jinder will win, he now won't, so, whilst I'm here; I think the Great Khali will win, I think Sheamus will win, I think Triple H will win, I think Hornswoggle will win, I think The Miz will win, I think Michael Cole will win, I think Heath Slater will win.

Thank God that's sorted.

Vince isn't *that* allergic to them. Randy Orton winning was obvious because he'd be fired the next night if he didn't.

Guest Ciaran The King
Randy Orton winning was obvious because he'd be fired the next night if he didn't.

And that decision in WWE would have lasted forever

Guest Jimmy Redman
The problem in recent years hasnt been non-obvious winners, but more that it doesnt matter who the winner is. With the devaluation of title belts, and even the use of the Chamber PPV, the Rumble winner isnt as important anymore. He's not the new star being crowned with a mega push to Mania, he's just a guy who will be in one of the two title matches on the show, 3rd or 4th or 5th from the top, and probably the opener. So take your pick from any number of upper-midcarders who can do that job.

Guest Ciaran The King

I loved ADR's 2011 push and win as you did feel it was his destiny, yet the outcome at WM was not what people expected plus it went on first!

Even if someone like Orton or Punk were to win a Rumble match they wouldn't main event unless it was against someone such as Cena/Taker/Rock

For what it's worth, i had a dream last night that CM Punk and The Rock where numbers 1 & 2, followed by the 3rd entrant who was called "Hillbilly Bobby" who was a cross between Hardcore Holly & a much smaller Hillbilly Jim, you heard it here first.

Guest Crazy897

WWE royal rumble 2013 PPV predictions

US Title-for a pre-show match I don't know which way it could go. Cesaro ha been champ for a while and he is talented however now miz is face and getting more TV time I can see him winning.

Tag team title-again not too sure I believe either Rhodes scholars win and team hell no split up and something happens in the royal rumble match r team hell no to retain. I think I can see maybe team hell no winning because I don't think they would split them up with the fact it's comedy value

World heavyweight-a rather easy prediction see del rio winning and this being big shows last chance. It seems a bit stupid giving show the belt after he has only just lost it. But I can see del rio beating show in a last man standing unless something bad happens like interference

Wwe championship-I really want to see CM punk win however as always with predictable wwe they will let rock win so he can face the rumble winner at Wrestlemania who will be...

Rumble winner-John Cena unles punk wins in the title match this will be the result I'm sure. It seems bad having a 'once in a lifetime' again and only a year later. I think they would do it though because last year was a bad year for cena plus he lost to rock last mania so I can see them this year putting him over rock and getting the title.

Your thoughts and predictions?:)

Guest Fatherof10minis
US Title-for a pre-show match I don't know which way it could go. Cesaro ha been champ for a while and he is talented however now miz is face and getting more TV time I can see him winning.

Tag team title-again not too sure I believe either Rhodes scholars win and team hell no split up and something happens in the royal rumble match r team hell no to retain. I think I can see maybe team hell no winning because I don't think they would split them up with the fact it's comedy value

World heavyweight-a rather easy prediction see del rio winning and this being big shows last chance. It seems a bit stupid giving show the belt after he has only just lost it. But I can see del rio beating show in a last man standing unless something bad happens like interference

Wwe championship-I really want to see CM punk win however as always with predictable wwe they will let rock win so he can face the rumble winner at Wrestlemania who will be...

Rumble winner-John Cena unles punk wins in the title match this will be the result I'm sure. It seems bad having a 'once in a lifetime' again and only a year later. I think they would do it though because last year was a bad year for cena plus he lost to rock last mania so I can see them this year putting him over rock and getting the title.

Your thoughts and predictions?:)

Unfortunately with all the possible scenarios that could come from the Rumble so few are very intriguing. It does look like a good chance at a Cena/Rock rematch which would be very disappointing. As far as Cesaro/Miz, please god don't let the Miz win. I admit I was one of those who wanted to see Miz turn babyface, and Oh My God do I feel like a fool. Miz is such garbage on the mic and in the ring as a face. Cesaro better retain.

As far as team hell No, I don't think their run is done just yet. The tag division is still building and they need team Hell No to keep interest in the tag division. I like Cody and Sandow as a team but they can"t carry the tag division. There are no real hot face tag teams for them to go on. The Usos are good but not real over as of yet and don't get enough TV team and all the other teams chasing are heels like the PTP, Primo/Epico, and 3MB. If Rhodes/scholars were to win they would have to continue feuding with Team Hell No unless we get more Rey/Sin Cara in the mix.