Fan Clubs (beta)

Amazing Spiderman 2

DC

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the cinema to watch The Amazing Spider-Man 2 today with the boys and it was really good (a solid 7/10), with a lot of reference to where the series is heading.

Oh, and there is definitely no "too many villains" issues in this one.

For those who have seen the trailer / pictures showing Vulture's wings and Doc Ock's tentacles, an interesting (although very, very brief) shot shows the tentacles appear to have sentience in-built. That was a nice touch.

EDIT - I forgot to say; the scene in the trailer where Harry tells Peter that Oscorp has had him under surveillance is not in the film.

Edited by DC

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too.

I agree completely.

The way she snapped back gives enough ambiguity, as it did in the comics, of whether the whiplash of the web catching her was what killed her (and how cool was the slow-mo shot of the webbing looking like a hand stretching out?) of the impact of the fall.

That could lead to a really dark turn going forward.

After all the visions of Captain Stacy, him actually being proven right was heartbreaking.

What was also surprisingly emotional was "Little" Spider-Man stepping up against Rhino.

Edited by bigmatt

Guest The Beltster
Garfield makes a perfect Peter Parker & Spiderman. Literally the best casting for a comic book hero that is true to the comics as any I can remember.

There were parts of this I liked and parts that were laugh out loud terrible.

That one scene that we all know about that hasn't been a spoiler since the 70's but everyone is treating it like one, it was a little over the top don't you think?

A snapped spine AND she bashes her head on the concrete? C'mon you all know that was overkill. For being such a science genius she wasn't very smart at all. She basically ran full sprint into death. Stupid woman. If they make another one I hope we get Black Cat and not another feeble air head.

I also feel so bad for anyone who went to see this specifically for Rhino. You all got played. :lol

I think if anyone who went to see it specifically for Rhino (after all the pre-release press stated, with quotes from Marc Webb, that he was in it for all of 5mins), they got everything they deserved.

As for your spoiler; I thought it was done perfectly.

Yet he was featured in all the trailers and ads? What is the general audience going to pay attention to more, the adds on tv or a press statement?

They put the final frame of the film in the trailer for christ sake. That's just retarded. Who knows maybe it's genius and I don't know shit.

I'm with DC, I thought the 70's spoiler was actually done pretty well. It was suitably brutal...

If you watch closely it was a broken spine, her head bouncing off the concrete, and a falling cog belting her clean in the head too

...and ambiguous enough that you didn't know which out those three things actually did the deed. Obviously Petey's gonna blame himself, but it wasn't necessarily the poorly placed web that did it.

Yet he was featured in all the trailers and ads? What is the general audience going to pay attention to more, the adds on tv or a press statement?

He was essentially an afterthought in the trailers as well though.

As for it being the last shot of the film; I'm OK with that as it's a perfect set-up for the next film and the Sinister Six spin-off. Plus it also makes a nice change from comic-book movies where the film ends with the threat defeated and a hint of the next one; Spider-Man's work is never done and the film ends making that loud and clear.

From the footage in the trailer, I was more annoyed with the omission in the film of the scene where Harry shows Peter that Oscorp has been watching him.

I took the nephews to watch this today and to be honest I found it disappointing. I don't think it was as good as the first, it felt a little OTT and cartoony. I didn't watch the first one at the cinema so I don't know if that made any difference but I wasn't impressed with this. I'll most likely watch any further sequels on DVD rather than cinema.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest straight3dge
The amazing Spiderman 2. It was an awesome movie, great action scenes, funny dialogue and a great story I just felt they tried to cramp too much into the movie than to rather build the stories up more.