Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Will Sting go to WWE?

DC

Biggest disappointment, what you smoking bro? Barring XIX, has Undertaker really had a bad Wrestlemania match in the last decade? Not really, not even in the lower ranks of the worst matches. I think Sting and Taker would put on a good match, doesn't matter in what state they are, they'll be capable of pulling it off for last time sakes. It'll be just like the last few Taker matches and the general consensus will w*nk all over it.

I think we need a Big Statement thread for the US Scene. :lol

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ciaran The King

I love TWO :)

Taker could bow out by putting someone over

Edited by Ciaran The King

Would Sting come in just to lose what could be his only match in WWE? Or would WWE at least offer him a run with WWE or World title to do it?

Guest John Hancock

No way would WWE give him a title, dude's 54, this ain't TNA. He might get a loss against 'Taker at 'Mania, a tag team victory with 'Taker at SummerSlam and a Hall of Fame place, but that would be about it.

It would be worth it though; Undertaker comes out to retire the winning streak, saying there's no one left to wrestle, how he's beaten ever star from every generation for the last almost three decades, and there's nothing left to achieve, then the lights cut out and there's a raven on the titan-tron. 'Taker keeps coming out, keeps getting f*cked with, then here comes Sting.

Guest Jimmy Redman

It's also worth noting that the last however many times Sting has worked a match he has looked really good physically and surprised a lot of people with how well he moved.

If he can work fine against Roode, Bully and HULK HOGAN, I'm pretty sure he can work a spectacle match with Taker at Mania.

Guest The Beltster
Even in his prime, Sting had crap matches. Its nothing to do with how he looks or moves, hes a crap wrestler. He had a great match with prime Cactus Jack and Flair carried him a few times, but he's never been anything above average in the ring. I'm surprised anybody would expect anything great from Sting, regardless of how quick he can move around the ring.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I think Sting was good in his prime actually. If we're saying his prime is Surfer Sting. Nothing exceptional, but definitely at least good is fair I think. He had amazing matches with Vader. There's the Foley matches, as you say, and the Clash. He was in a bunch of good tag matches and things in that time as well. He wasn't the greatest worker, but I wouldn't call him crap either.

Guest Ciaran The King
After listening to all the hype about Sting and being genuinely excited about this character lets just say I wasn't suitably impressed when seeing him actually wrestle

Guest The Beltster

Oh I forgot about his stuff with Vader, that was pretty good. But I mean, he couldnt even have a good match with Rude, those were generally below par. Sting wasnt ever any good in the ring for me and thats when he was in his 20's, now at 55 or whatever...him and Taker is a disaster waiting to happen, especially after Taker has put together a string of higher quality outings at WM. People will have expectations and they wont be realistic considering the opponent and the general state of Taker himself.

I think Taker vs Sting is better left well enough alone. By all means bring him in, but I have no idea why people continue to associate Sting and Taker, they have no history and no more a reason to wrestle than Sting and HHH or Sting and CM Punk.

Even in his prime, Sting had crap matches. Its nothing to do with how he looks or moves, hes a crap wrestler. He had a great match with prime Cactus Jack and Flair carried him a few times, but he's never been anything above average in the ring. I'm surprised anybody would expect anything great from Sting, regardless of how quick he can move around the ring.

I wouldn't say crap matches mate, he hung with Flair for 45 minutes at the first Clash and he was green as hell, had a great match against him at the GAB '90, had stellar matches with Vader and got a few good matches out of Luger.Also had a good run with Muta and yes his matches with Rude were below par, but I think that was the Jim Herd era and the booking was a joke back then.

As for a match with Taker I would just like him to finish his career with WWE, I think he deserves that.

Guest The Beltster

I think he was average at best on his own merit, his best matches are the ones where he was generally carried, and for alot of his career, he has been content to be lazy and when he is lazy, he is crap. His best matches were with prime Flair, prime Vader, prime Foley, all good wrestlers. I personally dont remember him having an good matches with Luger but alot of it is personal taste.

Sting's not for me, I've never rated him. I think it would be nice for him to get recognition in WWE and I'm sure he will, but I think if he matches up against Taker and people get really hyped for it, they will end up feeling let down in the end (Bret/Vince).

Oh I totally agree if he had a match with Taker that it would no doubt suck, but the build for it would be great.I guess it's all down to personal taste as I thought he was very good and had some great matches.

As for the Luger match I think it was Superbrawl II, oh and do you remember him and Luger Vs The Steiners at SuperBrawl I, that was a great match.

Strange to think that's he's around since 1986, God I feel so old suddenly :lol

Guest HH-Evolution
Sting isn't the big bastion of a wrestling god people like to portray him as - whilst his gimmick and setup would really make a good match with Undertakers own, he's not going to be giving the ultimate streak match of ultimate destin...I'd LIKE to see it, sure, but I'm not going to pretend the guy is hyper talented in the ring.

Guest Suphix

Taker vs Sting would put a colossal amount of asses in seats and would set off a chain reaction of severe mark-ism across the globe. To be honest if they spent 40 minutes chest chopping each other, the majority of the fans wouldn't give a rats ass. People have wanted to see it forever and they'd throw money at their TV screens/WWE to see it happen.

That said I think if they have a match, they're gonna suprise a heck of a lot of people. If that was to be MY swansong match and I got to wrestle on the grandest stage of them all, I'd put my heart and soul into it. I think it would be one heck of a match.

Guest The Beltster
Taker vs Sting would put a colossal amount of asses in seats and would set off a chain reaction of severe mark-ism across the globe.
This needs to be in the big statement thread!