Martial Arts

Will Sting go to WWE?

DC

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ciaran The King
If Sting turned up out of the blue without any hype videos, about 90% of the people in said building would have no idea who he was.

Really??

Does Sting need WWE to cement his career??

Well what do you think?

For Sting it'll be some sort of Achievement unlocked thing, he'll still be in the Hall of Fame regardless of if he has ever stepped in a WWE ring and after his time is up at TNA.

Guest Will O the Wisp
If Sting turned up out of the blue without any hype videos, about 90% of the people in said building would have no idea who he was.

...and of those who do know who he is, I would guess many of them will think, "Man, that guy hasn't wrestled since WCW."

Guest Ciaran The King
...and of those who do know who he is, I would guess many of them will think, "Man, that guy hasn't wrestled since WCW."

Do the majority of wrestling fans only follow one promotion??

Do the majority of wrestling fans only follow one promotion??
Judging by the amount of times, Kurt Angle and Mick Foley say they've been asked why they are no longer in wrestling while they are / were on TNA's roster, I'd say that it's not beyond feasible some of the fans would have no idea Sting has been active for the last 5+ years.

Guest Ciaran The King
I really hope it doesn't happen. I want to remember Sting as the one man Vince could never have.

It would be quite something to have sting never wrestle in WWE but be inducted into the HOF

Guest The Beltster
Yeah there are several guys who never wrestled for them who are in. The 4 Horsemen as a group never wrestled in the WWF, Solie, Verne who hated Vince, Nick Bockwinkle, I dont remember him wrestling in the WWF apart from that one off vs Backlund in the 70's, Bob Armstrong, Von Erichs all went in and I only remember Kerry wrestling there. Quite a few on the list. The WWE HOF is now considered by and large as the pro wrestling HOF, so you dont need to have ever worked there to get in as long as you have a career that warrants it.

Guest Ciaran The King
I think just the image of Sting standing in a WWE ring would be a sight to see, much like Bischoff standing side by side with Vince in 2002

The ten years between those two events makes a big difference to exactly how big and important it would be. I'd still be happy for it to happen simply for the build, it's an IWC dream match despite the points Belty makes about there being absolutely no history to justify it. Get it done, make some money and then we never have to worry about it again.

The WWE production crew can easily put together a video package that makes Sting look like the most amazing thing in the world AND the biggest threat to Undertaker.

Those guys are like magicians in their ability to turn almost anything to gold.