Martial Arts

Will Sting go to WWE?

DC

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ciaran The King
Yeah just look at Cena... and his run of good-to-great matches with a ton of wrestlers over the years who made him look good

Too true, CtK.

Thanks DC

Guest John Hancock
I bet Khali's like a f*cking Punjabi Ric Flair, but WWE booked him to look like the literal worst wrestler in history just to make Cena look good in that one match. Sneaky, sneaky WWE.

I bet Khali's like a f*cking Punjabi Ric Flair, but WWE booked him to look like the literal worst wrestler in history just to make Cena look good in that one match. Sneaky, sneaky WWE.
Perhaps you should YouTube some of Punjabi Flair's matches with "Bollywood" Bulk Logan.

Guest Jayfunk
Remember when Khali carried his worthless ass to a watchable match?

nope, as no match with him in it has been watchable

I've always had the same view on this. Just what exactly has Sting done for the WWE to warrant a main event match at Wrestlemania? Sure he's a shoe in for the HOF because you don't need a history in WWE to be inducted , but a main event at Wrestlemania? Nope.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I've always had the same view on this. Just what exactly has Sting done for the WWE to warrant a main event match at Wrestlemania? Sure he's a shoe in for the HOF because you don't need a history in WWE to be inducted , but a main event at Wrestlemania? Nope.

Thats...not how it works. Main eventing Wrestlemania isn't about who deserves it or works the hardest for the company or whatever nonsense. Its a PPV, you main event if you can sell it. Why on earth do you need a "history" in the company?

I just don't see an need for it. Bare in mind I know as much about how to run a wrestling company as I do about synchronised swimming, so this I a completely ignorant point of view. I just think it would have been better when Sting was still relevant to the casual fan? He wouldn't have needed to be familiarised with the fans back then as he probably would now. Can't remember who said it earlier in the thread but the average WWE fan right now wouldn't have a clue who he is without research.

Guest Jayfunk
I did think needs to go the WWE, he doesn't need that validation, he has had a great career many time world champion, wrestled around the world, he was one of the biggest things in the hottest angle in the biggest boom in wrestling history all ouside the WWE, I like the fact he did this outside, besides he will be a HOFer when he leaves wrestling and WWE always talk about him in high regards.

Guest Ciaran The King
Thats...not how it works. Main eventing Wrestlemania isn't about who deserves it or works the hardest for the company or whatever nonsense. Its a PPV, you main event if you can sell it. Why on earth do you need a "history" in the company?

Lawrence Taylor didn't need one and he main evented WM11 against Bam Bam

I just don't see an need for it. Bare in mind I know as much about how to run a wrestling company as I do about synchronised swimming, so this I a completely ignorant point of view. I just think it would have been better when Sting was still relevant to the casual fan? He wouldn't have needed to be familiarised with the fans back then as he probably would now. Can't remember who said it earlier in the thread but the average WWE fan right now wouldn't have a clue who he is without research.

But that's only the issue if he turned up AT wrestlemania with no build. WWE would put the hype machine into overdive aherad of time, we'd be seeing highlight packages every week on every show. I mean, they featured him on that champions retrospective so it's not like they don't consider him to be a total anachronism that means nothing to anyone other wise they wouldn't have bothered.

I don't think Sting personally needs it to validate his own career to himself but I think the general feeling amongst the IWC is that if you can still go NOW then to not have wrestled in the WWE at all is a big missing part of your CV so to speak.

I'd like him to not go. Someone said earlier that they like the idea of Sting being the one guy that Vince could never get, and I agree.

Yeah but that idea isn't gonna bug Vince though is it? The same way Sting isn't gonna say na na na na na na you couldn't sign me when his career is over. Guess it's just from a fan point-of-view.

Guest Will O the Wisp
Do the majority of wrestling fans only follow one promotion??

I do.

My brother was a huge Sting mark when he was silent-in-the-rafters-crow-Sting. He also enjoys catching WWE when his schedule allows it. (Not sure if I can claim he follows it, because he watches pretty infrequently.) I guarantee if I asked him what Sting is doing now, he would say he is retired.

Edit - I just called him for sh!ts and grins. He said he wasn't sure if he was still alive. :doh32:

Edited by Will O the Wisp