Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

TNA Bound For Glory PPV - 20th October 2013 (San Diego)

Guest FreeSpirit

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm saying is imagine how many guys you could hire on a "part-time" basis from the indies on how much say, Jeff Hardy gets paid for doing not much of anything. They've spent money in all the wrong places thinking that guys who are past their prime are still a draw in a world where really no-one is a draw as such any more.

Managed to watch the show, my first bit of TNA in quite some time. Random thoughts:

- Those photos above with the empty seats are worrying! Looking on Wiki the arena holds around 12,000 which is more than the regular shows, their highest ever attendance (according to Wiki) is 5,550. I don't understand why they didn't just giveaway tickets on local radio shows, Twitter etc. How bad must it have been for the talent performing on the 'biggest event of the year' to all those empty seats.

- I've mentioned this before but why do they make zero effort when it comes to the set design for any of the PPVs. Previously with them stuck in Florida I thought it might be due to terms of their contract etc but apparently not. They could have done something, anything to make it stand out from a regular Impact. I don't expect anything of WrestleMania proportions but with all the contacts they must have surely something could be done within a budget to make it look it look important/special.

- Phil Heath, current Mr. Olympia. No idea how long he has been with TNA or of it's a short term deal. What is it with TNA bringing in stars that no one cares about which add nothing to the show. We've had race car drivers, MMA fighters, NFL players, reality stars etc. Off hand I can't think of a single one that benefited TNA.

- I know it's the 2nd year but I still don't like the idea of a TNA Hall of Fame, I really don't think it's necessary. It just feels like another attempt to try and give Bound for Glory a WrestleMania vibe.

- How bad was that Scorpion Deathlock on Magnus, I think it's worse than Rock's Sharpshooter.

- I thought Norv Fernum was awesome :lol

- Lei'D Tapa looked quite impressive from the little I saw, she could be interesting.

- AJ had a few nice spots in the main event.

It just feels like the company is a rut that they can't seem to come out of. As Dra said, it might be time for Dixie to step aside as I can't see anything improving without some significant change in the company.

Guest FreeSpirit
Just finished watching Bound For Glory. Apart from EC3 Vs Norv Fernum (can't believe TNA put that match on their biggest PPV of the year) I thought it was otherwise a very good PPV. AJ Vs Bully and Angle Vs Roode were great matches, it's nice to see the Bro Mans win the Tag Titles and Gail Kim as Knockouts Champion again is always nice to see!!

Guest Jimmy Redman
It holds 500 less people. You do the math.

"The company will be moving from their original home at Soundstage 21 in Universal Studios to Soundstage 19, which is a smaller venue in terms of size, as Soundstage 21 is 22,000 square feet, while Soundstage 19 is 16,500 square feet."

http://www.tnainsider.com/view/tna-news/update-details-on-impact-wrestlings-new-home-soundstage-19-r663#ixzz2jgZmE5wA

EDIT: What I'm unsure of is what happened to the old Impact soundstage. There's a haunted house attraction thing there, right? So once that's cleared out, TNA could move back in, right?

Well they don't seem to be clearing out any time soon. The park may want to use it for other things too, who knows.

And while the new one is smaller, they've said something about how it is less...oblong in shape, so it could work out better in terms of organising seating around a wrestling ring.

Guest John Hancock
I think the haunted house in Soundstage 21 has already gone, or it'll be going this week. All the haunted houses shut down every year in early November, normally the first weekend after Halloween.

This is what the Wrestling-Online Newsletter had about it:

TNA BACK AT UNIVERSAL IN DIFFERENT SOUND STAGE

- TNA's comeback at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, will begin on November 21 with a live Impact taping and obviously free admission to those who are in the park. The company has been assigned a different sound stage from their previous one, and now they will be taping their Impact shows from Sound Stage 19 and not 21 as they have done in the past. Sound Stage 19 is the biggest among the six stages at Universal Orlando, with an area of 16,500 square feet. It's also equipped with fiber and satellite transmissions which is most likely why they have been relocated to that sound stage. It is unlikely that TNA will use the whole area as the sound stage is shaped as a rectangle rather than square so it looks like they will use half of it. Currently Fox Sports Florida operates from Sound Stage 19.