Cody Donovan vs. Gian Villante

[video=youtube;a8IAyP7kHEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8IAyP7kHEE

Edited by John Hancock

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
Star power a-plenty, but this card has unanimous decision written all over it, especially the main card. I'm predicting a snoozer, especially after the awesomeness of 166, and before the hype of 168.

Guest The Beltster

My Mrs wont be happy, she has an unexplained hatred for Ed Herman.

I predict Hendrix is going to knock GSP's block off.

I would love, love, LOVE Hendricks to beat GSP by KO, but yeah, it certainly smells of unanimous decision from here. Still, at least I'm quite emtionally invested in the main event and the second main, so I'll enjoy the show.

Guest The Beltster
I think some of you guys are underestimating Hendricks' wrestling. It shouldnt be a walk in the park for GSP to continually take him down and if he can avoid alot of those take downs, GSP sure as shit cant stand with him.

I know Hendricks can wrestle, I'm just hoping he's got plenty of counters for GSP trying to clinch him for 4mins 45secs of each round. Or that he can knock his a*s out in the 15 seconds where GSP isn't hugging him like he's a family member who's just returned from a tour of duty.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Frank Botch

The Primetimes have been good as usual but I'm not really feeling the hype too much for this one, it's a very strong card but I'm not sure it's going to do the mega buisness. Should be some real good fights though

GSP

Rashad

Lawler (I HOPE)

Woodley

Ali

Cerrone

Guest John Hancock
I feel like the UFC should have done so much more for the 20th anniversary show. Plan A was Silva vs. Jones in Madison Square Garden, with Velaquez/JDS III as semi-main, which I feel could have poked at the two million mark, but Plan B looks like a completely standard GSP card. You take this and compare it to UFC 100, with two title fights, and a TUF coaches fight. I feel like next month, with Silva/Weidman and Rousey/Tate should have been the anniversary show. No way is 167 breaking a million, I'll be surprised if it breaks 800,000.

Guest The Beltster

Hendricks

Evans

Lawler

Woodley

Hendricks is going to KO George in the 1st or 2nd round, thats what I legit think. If George wins it will be via holding Hendricks off with his jab as much as possible on the feet and trying to clinch him on the ground to tire him out.

Guest John Hancock
I think GSP wins by laying on him for 25 minutes. If the fight ends before the time limit, I agree that it ends with Hendricks knocking him out, but GSP's just so good at being f*cking unbearably boring.

Guest John Hancock

I COULD HAVE BEEN DOING SOMETHING ELSE, YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

You didn't really miss anything. I was busy and missed the undercard, but looks like there was a f*ck ton of decisions, so I'm glad. The story of the show so far is that all my predictions are right so far, and that Rory MacDonald is a great twiner.

EDIT: GSP is f*cking with everyone tonight about this retirement thing. This is what Ariel Helwani just posted on Twitter;

I just asked Greg Jackson if he'll be in GSP's corner. He said he is letting GSP's mentor Midoux take his spot. I asked, why? "It's important he's there tonight," he said.
Edited by John Hancock

I'm 2 for 3 so far. MacDonald/Lawler was a really good fight.

edit:

I COULD HAVE BEEN DOING SOMETHING ELSE, YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

C'mon, who are we lying to? It's Saturday night. What could you possibly be doing, nerd?

Edited by Maxximus

Guest John Hancock

That fight put me two for three too. Lawler was 4/1 underdog.

EDIT: Sandman vs. 19th Century Steamship Captain is probably going to stink, but, every time I see it, I remember how much I love GSP's little French flag mouthpiece. Best mouthpiece in sports.

EDIT EDIT: Either GSP finishes the fight or loses with the judge's at this point, right? For non-French speakers, GSP's coach just basically told him to "act like a champion".

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Genuine question that might deserve it's own thread; will 2013 go down in history as the year the UFC destroyed itself? Silva loses, GSP loses, Diaz retires, Rampage leaves, Sonnen implodes, Overeem implodes, the heavyweight division exhausts it's only real fight, Velasquez and Jones do shitty pay-per-view numbers. What star power do they really have left at this point?

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: OH F*CK RIGHT OFF! THE F*CK KIND OF DECISION IS THAT!? I never, NEVER call fix, but damn, how the f*ck did that happen? GSP can't even make a convincing retirement speech.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest The Beltster
I told all of you Hendricks would win and he did, **** that decision, one of the biggest robberies at the hands of the judges I've ever seen. GSP got hammered, his face looked like burger meat, Hendricks not so much as a scratch. Bullshit. Anybody who thinks GSP won that fight is a clueless clown.