Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Boxing and MMA Forum Random Comments 2014

Guest John Hancock

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one colour co-ordinated family right there. More canary yellow then a bloody Tweety Pie fan club meeting.

Good to see him back on his feet though and happy. The main thing for any fan of Silva is that regardless of if he comes back or not that he is well and happy and this looks like the first step.

Then again wait until he meets his therapist when he gets to the rehab stage. Those people are torturers from my own personal experience. Sure its good for me, yeah I'll get stronger but do you need to look like your enjoying me pain!

I was just looking up fighters in the UFC whilst bored today and noticed a couple of things that stood out to me, one Travis Browne is a beast who in every fight bar one in the UFC -he's won in the first round and when he did lose he was kind of unlucky!

Two, John Hathaway has the second best W/L ratio in the welterweight division. It's a shame he doesn't finish many fights or he would most likely be more prominent.

Mixed Martial Arts fighter held off FOUR men who invaded his home - leaving one dead and another seriously injured

Joe Torrez, 27, is said to have acted in self-defence when the gang entered his home

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2995848.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Joe-Torrez-2995848.jpg

A Mixed Martial Arts fighter faces criminal charges after fending off four men who invaded his home - killing one and leaving another seriously injured.

Joe Torrez, 27, beat and stabbed two of the attackers before the other pair fled following the New Year's Day break-in, according to authorities in Dora Ana County in New Mexico.

The man who died at the scene has been named as Sal Garces, 25, who had entered the house with his brother Raymond, 19, Nathan Avalos, 20, and Leonard Calvillo, 22.

Avalaos was taken to hospital with 'severe' facial injuries, police said.

The gang reportedly broke in around 2am, the Las Cruces Sun-News reports.

According to Raymond Garces there had been bad blood between them and Torrez from a previous altercation.

Torrez, who was at home with his young son and fiancee, received threatening phone calls from Calvillo saying he was "big Eastside" and would "kill all his famiy" according to court documents.

They later heard a "big bang" and the group were inside the home.

It is unclear exactly how Garces came to be fatally injured but Torrez's lawyer said his client was simply defending himself.

A Facebook page has been set up in support of the MMA fighter.

Anyone ever hear of this guy?

Guest The Beltster
If a guy is home with his family and young kid and somebody calls and says he's coming to kill them, if they break in and get f*cked up, then this guy should be let of 100% scott free.

Guest John Hancock

In New York, they have a thing called the castle defence, which basically means you can do absolutely anything to anyone who tries to break into your house, if you wake up, and have an intruder, all bets are instantly off, and police will do nothing other than take the body off your hands. It's a bad ass law, and I'm really surprised New Mexico doesn't have it.

That said, maybe they do have it, and something else is going on here.

New Mexico doesn't have a specific Stand your ground or Castle defense law, which is probably why he may face charges. Of course, he'll plead self-defense, the jury will see 4 on 1, with death threats, and he'll be acquitted.

@arielhelwani at CES 2day, I saw ken shamrock working as a body guard for 50 cent.

@ShamrockKen

@50cent - it's been a pleasure working with you and your team, you are by far one of the classiest gents I have ever worked with. God bless

Had some hugely entertaining fights and moments in his career, but can't say I'm disappointed to see him retire at this point. Has taken a lot of punishment over the years, and had a whole host of other problems to deal with too.