Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Boxing and MMA Forum Random Comments 2014

Guest John Hancock

Me too he's making himself known so unless it's a ridiculous one punch KO or something, even when he loses he will most likely get an other (easier) fight, well played that man

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
I'm with Belty, I want my fighters hating each other. F*ck bowing, and hugging and sucking each others balls after the fight, I want angry people who hate each other.

Guest John Hancock
I blame wrestling, like college wrestling, the creepy dry-humping one. It's all that jock bullshit, whipping each other with the towels in their jockstraps, eating cherries out each other ********s for initiation ceremonies. They're all too friendly and up each other. They need more Rampage Jacksons just storming in the frat house and calling everyone a nigga, or Brock Lesnar, like a big sleepy bear, with loud tourists outside his cave. Every time there's some college, fly-over state, All-American jock in the UFC, I'm cheering on the psychopath who he's up against who won't stop calling him names. Jackson, Lesnar, the Diaz brothers, Rousey, old school, pre-Serra GSP, old school Ortiz, Sonnen, Bisping, Evans, Overeem, Koshcheck, that's how I want to see.

Guest The Beltster
We need Conor McGregor back ASAP, he spends all his time on Twitter telling everybody in his weight division that they are c*nts and he's going to f*ck them up.

Guest The Beltster

If he can back up his mouth he could have a shot at being one of the biggest stars ever.

I could literally listen to him talk smack about people all day long and never get bored.

Guest John Hancock
You're right, especially in Britain. He has the potential to do for British (Isles, I know) MMA what Michael Bisping was supposed to.

Guest The Beltster

People love sh*t talkers. The only time I've ever really been into a fight where the guys were playing the "I think you're great and its an honour to fight you" nonsense was Cro Cop and Pat Barry, because Pay Barry is the most likeable fighter of all time and he was marking out so shamefully for Cro Cop to the point where he was winning and his love of Mirko cost him the fight, how can you not love Pat 'I'll take 10 to dish out 1' Barry?

As for Conor, I'm more than happy to claim him for Britain, but if he sucks and starts losing, he's Irish in a heart beat!

Just for the record, the first ever show under the new bonus structure saw the show tie for the most decisions ever on one card (10 out of 12), and the Performance of the Night bonuses went to Erick Silva and Charles Oliveira who would have won KO of the Night and Submission of the Night by default as they had the only KO/Submission on the card.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

Guest The Beltster

That scruffy Gareth Davies is such an annoying and unlikeable pr*ck its unreal. I hate his guts so bad. Why the f*ck does he have to pronounce every bodies names wrong on purpose? Why?

He calls JDS "Yuni-or" and Demian Maia "Demi-an", fair enough its spelled with an e but its pronounced DAMIAN...I've heard him pronounce others wrong too, just say their names properly you pretentious fat f*ck!

Edited by The Beltster

Guest John Hancock

I'm not a big Davies fan, watch him say anything about Helwani, you can smell the jealousy on his breath, he's not a very nice guy. I think, with the name thing, he tries to pronounce people's names in their native accent, which is a pretty ridiculous thing to do, but it's especially hilarious because he's usually wrong. He also calls Brock Lesnar "Brock Lez-naar" though, so maybe that's not what it is and he just loves saying dude's names in a stupid voice to amuse himself.

The only reason I don't completely hate him is that he's got crazy respect for the Dutch style of kickboxing training, which I've always liked.

concur completely.

I find him irksome every time I hear him speak. I hate his voice. I hate the way he talks, I hate the things he says. I think he talks a lot of really generic nonsense.

To be fair I tend not to venture much away from sherdog for my MMA journalism. I'm not a big fan of people who cover multiple sports as I always feel they tend to be not that great at any of them. I wouldn't even call him an MMA journalist. I'd call him a UFC one. And that again turns me right off.

Plus his stupid hair and poncey jackets make me want to spew.

Apart from that, he's all good

Guest The Beltster
I think saying names wrongs is like his gimmick or something...he does it with everybody even though he hears everybody else say these guys names properly all the time. Christ, he's such a mong.

Guest John Hancock
Dan Hardy, John Gooden (used to be the commentator for Cage Warriors) and Andy Freidlander (used to do football stuff) will be the new, entirely British, English-language commentary team for all UFC events in Europe and the Middle East from now on, starting next month. That means they'll have this team for Europe and the Middle East, Florian and Anik in Asia, and Fox Sports and Fight Pass events in North and South America, and Rogan and Goldberg for pay-per-views and FOX shows. Edited by John Hancock