Fan Clubs (beta)

The 2014 album thread

Guest Frank Botch

Guest Frank Botch

Only got the War On Drugs and Real Estate albums since I've gotten the old internet back, sooooo behind. From what I remember I was kinda bored by the last Real Estate album but this one is pretty good on first listen, feel the jangle:

[video=youtube;MgsdblVq8wo]

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frank Botch

Eh ok let's get back to this. Mac DeMarco is the new new AoTY

[video=youtube;KpweQBqAkes]

Freddie Gibbs And Madlib have been working together for years and finally came out with a full album

NSFW you's assume:

[video=youtube;vbxcPy1qJTU]

It's been 20 years since Illmatic came out brothers, I remember as a six year old rapping along to this and writing about how this album would change hip hop forever, time flies. Bunch of new mixes on the reissue but the main thing is this new old track:

[video=youtube;8w5HXBZeV1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w5HXBZeV1s

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought Brody Dalle's new album Diploid Love, it's a very good alternative rock/pop sprint of a record and has the usual tree of collaborations surrounding QOTSA. So you have your Alain Johannes', Shirley Mansons etc. Mariachi El Bronx is also on it! It really is a small masterwork and now I'm forced to buy another copy because it was intially for my girlfriend. :lol

[video=youtube;ODFtluHnk00]

[video=youtube;VotKcEJyrbM]

[video=youtube;JqU1BoApr90]

And she's damn hot.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/afd115dcc42ef0779fc3b3f59d7f1a24/tumblr_n3bo6rRKMW1rj87p9o1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1b3ddbbdb26669fdca72ee013da510eb/tumblr_n4hjceF8Op1qf90cfo1_500.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/6a4eeec693939df217008d8e1d001727/tumblr_n44x69Vybg1qgxgn4o1_500.jpg

http://37.media.tumblr.com/ada1275b86b4227cb5d113b39d15474b/tumblr_n43u9qLo7q1ty8gvno1_500.jpg

Guest Anime Otaku

Awkwafina's an underground NY rapper, she recently put out her debut album called Yellow Ranger. She's a really good rapper, beats are nice but low tech and she's really funny if a but crude and sweary, so NSFW.

Yellow Ranger

[video=youtube;ICKiNTXIrS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICKiNTXIrS4

NYC Bitche$

[video=youtube;0-taYShNaPU]

My Vag

[video=youtube;z726OPwCnjE]

Unsurprisingly she has an official site (though it looks like enquiries only right now).

http://Www.Awkwafina.com

Twitter:

And facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/awkwafina?ref=ts&fref=ts

Edited by Anime Otaku

• 2 weeks later...

Finally we get a release date and a new video! This is easily my most awaited album of this year.

http://metalblade.com/allegaeon/

[video=youtube;ErhgZhhXPvA]

GENRA PARODY! This is amazing... I don't even... It's ridiculous how good these guys are. It's a shame they might not get a European tour this year. They'd be super over, over there.

It get's a little NSFW at the end. AlleGAYon :lol

Edited by Maxximus

• 1 month later...

So here's the new stuff Robert Plant is doing with his band the Sensational Space Shifters, album is called "lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar" out 9th September.

[video=youtube_share;F3L0EUbRJGk]

Little Maggie is also on YouTube but ma Proxies can't break through for whatever reason. That song is dangerously catchy.

California Breed have a stonking debut record - Jason Bonham, Andrew Watt and Glenn Hughes; I don't think Hughes' voice has ever sounded better.

[video=youtube;6vUay-lOjFk]

• 1 month later...
Guest bigmatt

We could be getting another Leonard Cohen album in a month or so:

Leonard Cohen rumoured to release new album next month

Various sources claim that Popular Problems is expected in September, a day before the singer’s 80th birthday

Leonard Cohen celebrates his 80th birthday next month, and will mark it by releasing a new LP entitled Popular Problems, according to Rolling Stone.

The news was reportedly unveiled in the programme notes for the Leonard Cohen Event, a fan-run event held in Ireland on 7-10 August. Writing in the foreword, Jarkko Arjatsalo, who runs Cohen’s official website, said: “Leonard has worked hard on his next studio album of entirely new songs. He asked me to let you know that Popular Problems will be out at the end of September, shortly after his 80th birthday.”

Although Cohen’s UK representative could not confirm the album’s release to the Guardian, Arjatsalo often acts as a liaison between the singer and his fanbase. Also stoking the speculation surrounding a new album is rock biographer Sylvie Simmons, who penned I’m Your Man: The Life of Leonard Cohen. Simmons posted a message onto her Twitter on 8 August: “A new Leonard Cohen studio album – yep, as good as done and due the last week of September, just after his 80th birthday. Amazing!”

Various sources have also noticed that Amazon France list the album on its pages, with a release date of 22 September.

The bi-annual Leonard Cohen Event was initially hosted during Cohen’s silent period when the singer embraced Buddhism and entered the Mount Baldy Zen Centre to live in seclusion as a Rinzai monk. Fans have since gathered in locations such as Greece, New York and Berlin to celebrate the singer’s career.

Leonard Cohen last released an album in 2012. Old Ideas, the singer’s twelfth studio album, was his highest-charting release in the United States and topped the charts in eleven countries.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/aug/11/leonard-cohen-rumoured-to-release-new-album-next-month

And in more album news, the Foo Fighters will release 8th album Sonic Highways on Nov 10th. Here's the album cover and track list:

tumblr_na5hqiqoAw1qctvzro1_1280.jpg

1. Something from Nothing

2. The Feast and the Famine

3. Congregation

4. What Did I Do?/God As My Witness

5. Outside

6. In the Clear

7. Subterrannean

8. I Am a River

Running time: 44 minutes

Apparently, every song was recorded in different cities hence the album cover.

[video=youtube;LrqpjxtA0ys]

Not really bothered at the moment but will have a listen once it comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

I completely missed this but this is from Mark Lanegan's recent and limited vinyl only EP "No Bells on Sunday". A full album will be out this Autumn called Phantom Radio.

Here's Sad Lover with some high vocals from Lanegan, which is a bit rare, as he's normally known for that Tom Waits kind of voice.

[video=youtube;bQnfgZr8JIc]

Josh Homme did an electro remix of the song, for anyone interested.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/josh-hommes-mark-lanegan-sad-lover-premiere-20140820

I know this is a long shot as we can't have a 2015 album thread yet but Faith No More debuted two songs a few weeks ago and it looks like the new album is in the works after 17 years. I haven't been this excited since Soundgarden also made their comeback album two years ago but this must have been a long wait for all FNM fans.

Here's two video recordings of the songs. I don't think that's the last draft they've made on the songs, maybe they won't make it at all. I'm ready

This one is NSFW.

[video=youtube;6Qdpv85SbB0]

[video=youtube;hW0JmCRMhP0]

I can't wait for that the "Leader of Men" song to rip my ears left, right, left, right.

This band have been mates of mine for a few years, going back to when we shared a little room to rehearse with our bands. They've gone pretty far on the scene. So if anyone is up for some Pagan Metal or how they now dub it "Accordian Extreme Metal", then check these two new songs from their upcoming album "Buried Under Giants".

[video=youtube;-scvQlVwBNQ]

[video=youtube;CkCOIo1WzDI]

Their first album is also on Youtube, so check them out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
New Soundgarden music out of the blue! There's talk of a B-Sides album in the making...well since 1997 but this is either new or possibly a redone tune from an early 4 Track demo.

Soundgarden - Storm

[video=youtube_share;KgWS6DkogV0]

So in an update from my post yesterday, it is indeed going to be a B-Sides Album. I'm pretty excited, I've got a few of those tracks but to now have an official release and better quality is fantastic.

Source: http://www.alternativenation.net/soundgarden-announce-b-sides-album-echo-miles-scattered-tracks-across-path/

Soundgarden Announce B-Sides Album ‘Echo of Miles: Scattered Tracks Across The Path’

Soundgarden will release their long awaited B-sides and rarities compilation, Echo of Miles: Scattered Tracks Across The Path, on November 21st (in Australia, with a U.S. release within a few days of that) via A&M Records. Below is the tracklist, featuring “Storm,” which is an old track the band re-recorded with Jack Endino in May.

Kim Thayil told AlternativeNation.net in June, “There’s a song that recently we were doing with Jack Endino, we recorded it a few weeks or a month ago. That was from the mid 80’s, we actually recorded that potentially to use it in some form, maybe a soundtrack or something. We recorded it just to see how it would turn out, we haven’t really confirmed how it’ll be used, but it’ll probably end up on a compilation of some sort, and I’d imagine that would then be included on a B-sides album.”

Disc 1

1. Sub Pop Rock City

2. Toy Box

3. Heretic

4. Fresh Deadly Roses

5. H.I.V. Baby

6. Cold Bitch

7. Show Me

8. She’s A Politician

9. Birth Ritual

10. She Likes Surprises

11. Kyle Petty, Son of Richard

12. Exit Stonehenge

13. Blind Dogs

14. Bleed Together

15. Black Rain

16. Live To Rise

17. Kristi

18. Storm

Disc 2

1. Swallow My Pride

2. Smokestack Lightnin’

3. Everybody’s Got Something

4. Thank You

5. Come Together

6. Stray Cat Blues

7. Into The Void

8. Girl U Want

9. Touch Me (Friday Rock Show)

10. Can You See Me? (Friday Rock Show)

11. Homicidal Suicidal (Friday Rock Show)

12. I Can’t Give You Anything (Friday Rock Show)

13. I Don’t Care About You (Friday Rock Show)

14. Waiting For The Sun (Live)

15. Search And Destroy (Live)

16. Big Bottom (Live)

17. Earache My Eye (Live)

Disc 3

1. Twin Tower

2. Jerry Garcia’s Finger

3. Ghostmotorfinger

4. Night Surf

5. A Splice Of Space Jam

6. The Telephantasm

7. Black Days III

8. Karaoke

9. Fopp (****ed Up Remix)

10. Big Dumb Sex (Dubbed)

11. Spoonman (Steve Fisk Remix)

12. Rhinosaur (The Straw That Broke The Rhino’s Back)

13. Dusty (Moby Remix)

14. The Telephantasm (Resurrection Remix)

15. One Minute Of Silence

Jack Endino also discussed recording “Storm” with Soundgarden in an interview with AlternativeNation.net, “In March of 1986 they were recording some tracks at a local studio. They didn’t like how the mixes were coming out so they called me to come in and try and rescue it. The engineer there resented this, I was kind of a nobody as far as he was concerned, and he pretty much stomped out of the control room and left us there on our own. This was three months before I started at Reciprocal Recording, so all I had was some basement studio experience with SG. We tried to rescue the session but it ended up getting shelved and they got Matt Cameron as a drummer a few months later and the rest was, uh, history.

Fast forward to the present, 28 years later, and I found a cassette of that stuff. Every one of those songs got re-recorded later except this one kind of oddball drony psych tune. I reminded Kim about that song and sent him the rough mix, just to jog his memory. A few months ago they asked to me to record it with them, they needed a new song for a movie or TV or something, I’m not sure what it was for, but they thought it would be fun to see what we could do with it now. What was interesting was that Chris and Kim remembered it, but Ben and Matt had never played the song before so they had to learn it from scratch. Chris actually did the final vocals himself at his home studio and sent me the files, and they were all arranged and perfect, I just dropped them into our ProTools session and it was nailed. He’s really, really good at recording himself. I don’t know what’s going to happen with the song, it may just end up as a B-side, but it was pretty cool working with them again, decades after we did Screaming Life.”

If anyone cares, the new Twilight Sad album is f*cking awesome. Not entirely sure it'll be the cup of tea of a lot of people on here, but if Scottish indie-folky melancholy is your thing it'll be right up your street.

Here's a tune to wet your pallet:

[video=youtube;L54qf0Glqj0]