Fan Clubs | beta

Game Of Thrones - Season 3 ***Warning SPOILERS***

dsrchris

Guest Jimmy Redman
Okay, one more post and I'm done.

I've been scouring the internet for reactions from this weeks episode and came across some great ones but noting, absolutely nothing can top this vine post from Maisie Williams AKA Arya Stark herself. Click the link below for this awesome reaction. It's freaking great!

https://vine.co/v/b3XZMHmxzxh

Oh I know, I absolutely died.

You should also check out the Twitter account RedWeddingTears (I'm not sure what the exact link would be). Excellent value.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD!

That's amazing. I've never seen so much butthurt in my life! It's so delicious.

Wait... wait! THIS:

Game of Thrones tonight: PEW PEW **** YOU *SLITS THROAT* YEAH BITCH YOU'RE ALL DEAD OH AND YOU TOO WOLF. STAB STAB STAB YEAAAAAAAAH BITCH

I died! :lol :lol :lol

Guest Jimmy Redman

The most baffling part to me is all the people going "BOOOOOOHOOO YOU KILLED MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS, SCREW YOU GEE OH TEE, I HOPE YOU DIE GEORGE R. R. R. R. R. R. MARTIN, NEVER WATCHING EVER AGAIN!!!!"

What kind of people live in this world that can watch Game of Thrones and choose ROBB STARK as their favourite character?!

Robb Stark sucks. This is a show that contains Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, Tyrion, Arya, the Kingslayer, Brienne, Cersei, Motherf*cking Tywin Lannister, Motherf*cking Joffrey, Margaery, OLD NANNA TYRELL, Bronn, Ser Jorah Mormont, Ser Barristan Selmy, The Chief Unsullied Guy, Varys, Baelish, the Wildling Sheila with Bran, the Hound, Sansa, The Tully Cousin Who Shot The Arrow At The Floating Funeral Pyre, Ser Davos, The Guy Who Comes Back To Life, Arya's Assassin Guy, Arya's Dancing Master, The Red Lady, Walder Frey, The Dude Who Just Got Married, Hodor...and their favourite characters are Robb f*cking Stark, Oona Chaplin and the increasingly annoying Catelyn?

I mean, even The Black Sheila Who Gets To Bang Dany is a better character than Robb Stark, and she never speaks. Calm your farm people, you still have DANY. And Jamie. And Old Nanna Tyrell. All is not lost.

How many times can I say it in this thread? Jamie motherf*cking Lannister!

Also every single word of the post above is gospel TRUTH!

A buddy of mine was pretty upset and I told him that's what he gets for being a Stark fanboy. He basically said f*ck the Starks, why'd they have to kill the wolf?! :lol

These people can leave the show. Boycott it, whatever who cares. Tywin Lannister has no time for their bullshit.

edit:

Re-watching again just so I can see the stupid look on Catelyn "Jon Snow Hater" Stark's stupid face!

Guest Jimmy Redman

Man, what is it about killing animals on TV that makes you feel so much worse than killing people on TV? I swear I don't think I was any more upset by them stabbing Oona in her pregnant womb than I was at them killing the wolf. Poor doggie.

Also, annoyingness as a character aside, Catelyn's death was extraordinarily well crafted, shot and acted. The woman who played her is tremendous, and the eerie silence and sort of bare bones of us just staring at her, watching her throat being slit and her life draining away was chilling. By that point I felt it was kind of a mercy because you could see in her face her soul was already destroyed after watching Robb get slaughtered. There was nothing left in her, it all came out in the scream.

Yeah, just watched it again and it really gets the blood pumping, doesn't it? Jesus! Pun half ass intended.

It was amazingly acted that's for damn sure. I kid, but the look on Catelyn's face right before her murder pretty much said it all. Go ahead, I'm done. I have nothing left.

I'm always way more upset at an animals death than I am a person it seems. Worst part was Arya almost got to him to free him dammit. I'm just glad The Hound showed up, as he does, at the right time to get her the shit out of there. Man that was a close call. How ruthless is Walder Frey? That was as cold blooded as it gets.

http://i.imgur.com/NVxLHUy.jpg

I wasn't planning on watching this yet but saw there was a lot of online talk about the show so thought I better watch it before something got spoiled.

I watched it last night, before bed. Bad idea! I couldn't even sleep after that ending, totally unexpected, just so brutal! I didn't realise I cared that much for Robb or Catelyn until that scene, I felt totally dejected today. I was actually looking forward to seeing Arya meet up with her mum and brother again!

Here are some quotes I found from Digital Spy:

Game of Thrones creator George RR Martin:

"That was the hardest scene I've ever had to write," the author told Entertainment Weekly. "It was like murdering two of your children.

"I try to make the readers feel they've lived the events of the book. Just as you grieve if a friend is killed, you should grieve if a fictional character is killed. You should care. If somebody dies and you just go get more popcorn, it's a superficial experience isn't it?"

Martin added that he knew "almost from the beginning" that Robb and Catelyn would die, explaining that it helped Game of Thrones remain "unpredictable".

"I killed Ned [sean Bean] because everybody thinks he's the hero and that, sure, he's going to get into trouble, but then he'll somehow get out of it," he said.

"The next predictable thing is to think his eldest son [Robb] is going to rise up and avenge his father. And everybody is going to expect that. So immediately [killing Robb] became the next thing I had to do."

Game of Thrones star Richard Madden aka Robb Stark:

The whole episode was so operatic almost, of how the writers had placed little details throughout the whole sequence of events that happen in Episode 9," Access Hollywood quotes Madden as saying.

"And when we shot the scene, it took a few days because it's huge, and there's actually a moment in the scene that [Michelle and I] look at each other and it's Robb Stark essentially saying goodbye to his mother and giving up."

He added of filming his emotional final scene with his on-screen mother Michelle Fairley: "Actually, rather than it being something really bad, there's a moment of tragedy and - and utter relief actually, because these two characters have fought, and fought, and fought, and fought, and it's finally over and I think me and Michelle really felt that on the day - as did a lot of the crew.

"It was a big, emotional moment because we're one big family that's ploughed on through this for years. And, it was a sad day."

"[i'd like Robb to be remembered] just like his father as an honest man and a just man," he said. "Typically in Game of Thrones, in this world, people who are honest and just and do things for the right reasons are the people that tend not to survive, and Robb's a great example of that.

The season finale is next week, trailer looks great:

SER JORAH DUMP INCOMING!

http://i.imgur.com/IRQerAn.png

http://i.imgur.com/wFe1vc6.gif

http://i.imgur.com/V9sTXEM.gif

http://i.imgur.com/wv7anEN.png

He is like, every dude that's ever been friendzoned x1000. I can feel his pain poor dude. Now Dany's gonna be all over Daario right in front of him I bet. I know how that Khaleesi tramp is! :lol

I think I might have to jump on this wagon. I was quite curious about the Red Wedding, watched it in silence, burst out laughing because it was some brutal sh*t and couldn't believe what was happening without knowing any background info. So yeah, where was I?! :lol I have to start with Season 1 as soon as possible.

Guest John Hancock
I'm in a similar boat to Shaun (without the laughter). I wrote this entire series off as sort of Lord of Ring fan-fiction, Dungeons & Dragons nonsense, but, after all the fuss, I watched the Red Wedding, and it was off the f*cking hook, so now I have to go buy season one on DVD.

Guest Inno
SER JORAH DUMP INCOMING!

http://i.imgur.com/V9sTXEM.gif

http://i.imgur.com/0a8q8Wv.gif

http://i.imgur.com/EmoTQfV.gif

Guest Jimmy Redman
I'm in a similar boat to Shaun (without the laughter). I wrote this entire series off as sort of Lord of Ring fan-fiction, Dungeons & Dragons nonsense, but, after all the fuss, I watched the Red Wedding, and it was off the f*cking hook, so now I have to go buy season one on DVD.

It cannot be stressed enough how much you need to do this. Watch it, watch it, watch it. I have zero interest in medieval/fantasy/LOTR stuff, and it doesn't make a shred of difference, in the same way that you don't need to be into gangster movies to watch the Sopranos. It is a transcendentally great show.

Caught up to this week's episode.

DKSBFPIOUHRPOIUNBFDKBJSFGIWERP(UGHQEW{)H!OJBLSvkbwef[0h[11!! :eek

Truthfully I was more p*ssed at Jon Snow ditching Egrit and being all "see you later f*ckers" and dashing off on his horse. What a pr*ck.

Seriously though, that was some amazing sh*t, but yeah, Stark fanboys need to calm the fudge down. They'd have only ended up getting eaten by Dany's dagons anyhoo.

THRONES!! YEAAAAAH!! GAME OF THRONES!! YEAAAAAAH!! GAME OF THRONES!!

Anyone else reckon the finale opens with Robb's wolf's head being stitched onto Robb's body?

Guest dpddave
It cannot be stressed enough how much you need to do this. Watch it, watch it, watch it. I have zero interest in medieval/fantasy/LOTR stuff, and it doesn't make a shred of difference, in the same way that you don't need to be into gangster movies to watch the Sopranos. It is a transcendentally great show.

Did you go back and watch the first season? I remember you started during the second one and hated Dany at the time.

The Red Wedding was really well done, it's a shame they didn't leave the Arya cliffhanger from the books in though. That upset me more than the wedding.

I freaking hope so, but I kinda doubt it.

My question is...

Where the hell is Benjen Stark?z

[..]it's a shame they didn't leave the Arya cliffhanger from the books in though. That upset me more than the wedding.

Kinda bummed about that too, we still have an episode to go this season. Who knows how they'll do that.