Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE NXT 2014

Chris2K

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the show back, the play by play announcing was awful - a Michinoku Driver was called as Powerbomb, there was one move which wasn't even a suplex in the main event called a 'Suplex style manoeuvre'

If they could get a good play by play guy who can accurately call the fantastic action the wrestlers are putting on then there would be nothing to fault the product. Surely Alex Reilly and Corey Graves, as former wrestlers, could actually correct him for the benefit of the fans?

what a show!!!!! great talents and great future for wwe but think that they should change their bookers

To who? Or at least could you give us a reason why they should change the bookers? Because right now NXT seems to be the most logically and sensibly booked show on all of WWE television.

I guess he meant the WWE should change their bookers.

This show was awesome, but you already know that. Commentary needs to step it up a little though, that guy who sits in the middle can piss off.

Guest Sparrow

This week's NXT killed it again. Adrian Neville needs a manager. He's okay on the mic but I can imagine a lot of american's won't have a clue what he's saying. I skipped the woman's match, to be honest if it's not Charlotte or Bank then i'm not interested.

I hope The Vaudevillians camera filter follows them to the main roster. Enzo is great on the mic, I guess this is going to be The Accension's last NXT match so I don't know why they would build up a rematch. Leaves room for Enzo and Cassady to move up the tag ranks which is going to be awesome. The main event was awesome, Kevin Owens/Sami are going to get people to tune in to NXT.

As you may recall, I've said previously that I don't want any of the NXT roster to be called up to the main shows because the track record in knowing what to do with them when they get there is abysmal.

Of course, I'm not alone in that way of thinking and the gimmick said to be getting prepped for Adrian Neville is only going strengthen that mindset.

He's basically going to have a Mighty Mouse gimmick, which, according to the story, has been watered down from him actually being a wrestling Mighty Mouse.

I...just...I can't...WHY CHANGE THE GIMMICK? What the hell is wrong with the man that gravity forgot?

But no, we get Mighty Mouse. Not a death defying high flyer who can wow crowds with his impressive moves. Mighty. F*ckin'. Mouse.

Someone needs to euthanise Vince. Now. NOW.

Guest Sparrow

Wait is he just getting a gimmick where he's small but strong because that's not THAT bad or is he getting a legit Mighty Mouse gimmick? Because if it's just a gimmick where he's going around taking out people who are bigger than him then that's fine by me.

I'm not as bothered with his gimmick, he's my least favourite out of the NXT 5. It will be cool to see the crowd reaction when he hits the Red Arrow but other then that. Not too bothered about him.

Edited by Sparrow

The most recent episode was the obligatory look back at the previous 12mth and, as expected, there was plenty of moments / matches to comment on (with Lucha Dragons v The Vaudevillains and Neville v Zayn shown featured - it's worth mentioning that, regardless of how minor it was, Solomon Crowe made it onto NXT TV ).

Charlotte v Sasha II was also on the show (and Charlotte's version of the figure-four is fantastic).

Another good thing they did though was a video package on Adrian Neville focusing on a trip back to Newcastle. Those type of vignettes can be fantastic in humanising someone and this was perfect in that regard (including his mum continually calling him Ben and a photo of him and Kevin Owens when they were ridiculously young).

Tyler Breeze had a sweet little on-location promo to wish the "wannaBreeze" a Merry Christmas and state he is looking to win the title next year and Kevin Owens cut a stunning speech on his plans ("If that's what I do to people I consider friends, imagine what I'll do to people I don't care about...").

Next week, it's Bálor / Itami v The Ascension in a rematch.

So a lot of UK fans right now are thinking... hmmm, so I have to pretty much pay for the monthly shows via PPV, I have no NXT and Superstars either... but I can either pay for the network for those things and Sky Sports for Raw and Smackdown, getting all of it for around £40 a month OR I can ditch Sky Sports, flick the V's at WWE and stream or torrent it all for free. Is it illegal yes, wrong, yes - will it happen because right now people don't have £40 a month for wrestling? Yep - it will.

Not me though, I stopped caring enough a long time ago to spend that kind of money or potentially get myself in a heap of s**t for their product, even with Mania round the corner.

• 2 weeks later...

What the actual f*ck?

As if Vince is in the Illuminati. He wants to be, but it's a much too exclusive club for him to join. That's why he tried to get Linda into the Senate, so he could finally join the Illuminati Club of No Vinces (they're allowed one).

As if Vince is in the Illuminati. He wants to be, but it's a much too exclusive club for him to join. That's why he tried to get Linda into the Senate, so he could finally join the Illuminati Club of No Vinces (they're allowed one).

<333