Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Is Gina Carano Coming Back To MMA?

Guest CMHunk

How do you measure who's more famous.
While not totally infallible, a good way to gauge popularity or general mainstream penetration is the good old fashioned Google search.

---

Standard search

Gina Carano = "About 6,780,000 results (0.26 seconds)"

Ronda Rousey = "About 19,500,000 results (0.21 seconds)"

Google News search

Gina Carano = "About 3,800 results (0.26 seconds)"

Ronda Rousey = "About 7,860 results (0.23 seconds)"

Google Videos search

Gina Carano = "About 1,820,000 results (0.19 seconds)"

Ronda Rousey = "About 17,000,000 results (0.19 seconds)"

---

The stats don't lie, my friend.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CMHunk

well that's where you're wrong, absolutely not, not at all. You're clearly missing out all the people that searched for "Crush" from American Gladiators. That must account for at least 39000000 searches every month. With that additional information it's quite clear that Gina is much more famous without question, no doubt whatsoever, and you're not telling me otherwise.

Cheers!

Guest John Hancock

If you Google "Carano", the top result is a Twilight fan-fiction website.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/BooSaidTheGhost/ScreenShot2014-04-15at030038_zpsf6348232.png

well that's where you're wrong, absolutely not, not at all. You're clearly missing out all the people that searched for "Crush" from American Gladiators. That must account for at least 39000000 searches every month. With that additional information it's quite clear that Gina is much more famous without question, no doubt whatsoever, and you're not telling me otherwise.

Cheers!

http://i.imgur.com/ulxumqi.gif

Haha, God bless TWO :).

What I will say though, and perhaps I should have said this in the beginning, is that as someone without a great amount of interest in MMA is that it surprised me that Rousey is the bigger name.

I had always thought that Rousey was the Cena (the big star, the current champ, on the active roster) and Carano was the Rock (previously big star, now does Hollywood movies, Gladiators and the suchlike).

Cheers!

I'll keep an eye out for these people when I'm looking through TIME Magazine.

Sorry, you guys have probably never heard of that publication, right? Being all mainstream and such, you squares!

Wait, I know this one... "is on my side, yes it is" ?