• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigmatt

[video=youtube;TivqZTq5u6Y]

Doctor Who unfinished footage leaked online

Footage from the new series of Doctor Who featuring the latest Time Lord Peter Capaldi has leaked on the internet six weeks prior to broadcast.

The incomplete material was in black and white, missing special effects and heavily watermarked.

BBC Worldwide said the breach was caused by a BBC office in the US and urged fans not to use the material.

Last week, a set of scripts for the programme marked "private and confidential" was leaked online.

BBC Worldwide, the corporation's global arm, said the latest breach was "part of an ongoing investigation into leaked unfinished Doctor Who materials".

"This content is currently being removed and originates from the same Miami server we disabled last week, it is not a new issue.

"We'd like to thank the amazing Doctor Who fans who are continuing to keep fan sites and social media spoiler-free but would remind those downloading and sharing this material that it's illegal to do so," added the statement.

The first episode of the new series is due to have its premiere at a screening in Cardiff on 7 August, after which the show's stars and executive producer Steven Moffat will take it on a world tour leading up to the first TV broadcast.

The opener will be screened on BBC One on 23 August, while a minute-long trailer for the new series was screened on the channel during the half-time break during the World Cup final on Sunday night.

BBC Worldwide made an apology for the leaked scripts last week, and made a similar plea for anyone not to use the material or spoilers associated with it.

Last year, some US fans were sent DVDs containing the series finale three weeks before it had been broadcast.

In May 2011, Moffat criticised those "who call themselves fans" who revealed crucial plot lines ahead of transmission.

"You can imagine how much I hate them," he told BBC Radio 5 live. "I wish they could go and be fans of something else."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28291316

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So then new Doctor tonight, but will we find out why the phone was off the hook at the end of the last episode?

I believe we did.

I'm digging Capaldi, yet finding Jenna Coleman more and more annoying.

"I'm Scottish! I can complain about things now!"

Sums us up :)

Edited by bigmatt

Guest Yodahew
Just watched it and i thought it was good. Not amazing but i havent thought that since blink tbh. Capaldi brings a different dynamic to the role which we havent seen since the new series started. This series will be very interesting.

Guest ScottyB
The production seemed very obvious, like it was obvious when green screen was being used. Other than that really enjoyed the whole episode.

Guest fattyfudge
I thought it was good enough for me to have a continued interest in watching the series, although I did think it was a tad too long for me personally.(SPOILERS COMING) The part I really marked out to was when the cyborg died, and you didn't know if he jumped or Pete pushed him, instantly making him seem like a darker character and perhaps a more edgier doctor

Was intended to make him darker and edgier yes, but the Tenth Doctor killed the sycorax in his first episode with a satsuma. The Doctor has always had his dark side suspect we will see it more with Capaldi incarnation of the Doctor.

I'm also presuming at this point that Missy is a female incarnation of The Master. I'm a bit over mysterious women from the Doctors past after River Song and Tasha Lem. However having a female incarnation of The Master solidifies whats been said about the ability of Time Lords to change gender during regeneration without the mental outcry that would happen if were to happen to The Doctor first. Making it a much lesser issue when it inevitably does happen in the future. Well within the fandom anyway.

Edited by BRM

I've rewatched it a couple times. I'm not sold, the new series seems very colourful, lots of humour and a bit cheesy/obvious.

Honestly thought for the most part, especially the ending with Missy that this was a RTD episode rather than anything Moffats produced in the last 3 years.

I really hope Missy isn't the Master at all. Would rather the Master be a dude, nothing wrong with strong female characters but if gender swapping is your thing, read the new Thor. I'd like to see John Simm return even if just for the regeneration

I wouldn't be surprised if 13 ends up being a girl. I like the show but haven't been invested at all really since Tennant so it's not a big deal to me at all.

How would you long time fans(I started watching in 2011 so I'm still a super nub when it comes to the Doctor) react? Would you be upset that the last generation was so totally different to anything prior? Would you embrace it? Would you say it's just more pandering to the female demographic and ruing your childhood? Would it be better or worse if 13 was a black guy instead of a woman?

Just really curious. I don't think we've had this discussion before.