Fan Clubs | beta

Doctor Who - Series 8 - Peter Capaldi cometh

Guest bigmatt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, and this'll sound sexist. But from what we know of Gallifrey and time lords, they have genders and reproduce like humans would.

For me the Doctor is a man, and part of the premise for me is that while he has the ability to change his appearance through regeneration it's is believing that it's the same man underneath.

I don't think I'm sexist at all, I just think that to keep that premise that it's the same person that person has to be a man, or it to me it gets even less sensical. I mean Rive regenerated twice and was female in both.

We live in a word now where if you don't think a male character should be female you have to defend yourself or people will think you're sexist. The price of progress I guess.

I'm not sexist either. I'd love to see a female Doctor with massive tits and an ass you want to bite into.

They will only have a female Doctor if the ratings and interest in the series plummits and they need to throw a hail mary.

Still not sure yet with this series. This is not due to Capaldi, more the material he and Coleman are being given to work with. They took an interesting premise last night, started well and then bungled the second half of the episode.

I really like Capaldi himself as the Doctor, but I'm still not completely sold on this season yet.

The best thing for me at the minute is seeing my old buddy Sam from school turn up in this as Danny Pink. He's done a few adverts, but this is the biggest role I remember seeing him in, and it looks like it'll be recurring throughout the season too.

Edited by dsrchris

Matt Smiths first episode was insanely brilliant. His second was ok then he had that dead shit Dalek episode that was made up for by the rest of the series.

Tennants first episode he spent most of it inbed asleep then he chucked an apple and killed the Sycorax.

Guest Jayfunk
Matt Smith's first episode was insanely brilliant.

I thought it was pretty weak actually. It took me ages to warm to him, personally. I didn't think there was a wide enough character gap between Tennant and Smith for my liking.

Edited by bigmatt