Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Jon Jones will fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 178

Guest John Hancock

Guest John Hancock

Huuuuuge news, Alex GGuussttaaffssooonn is injured, and has been replaced by Cormier, it's all official and everything. I know there's a few guys who've really wanted this fight, and a lot of people who've said D.C.'s got Jone's number. Do those people still think so?

I'm honestly undecided. I don't think we've seen D.C. against a real guy yet, I don't think he's been tested, so I have no idea what either his limit or potential is. One interesting thing will be Jones in a light-heavyweight fight where he's the lighter of the two fighters, D.C. looks like he fights at a solid heavyweight, he gets the weight back on much, much faster than Jones.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
I'm so f*cking hyped right now! I've wanted to see Cormier/Jones for ages! Jones/Gus was good, but that was Gus' best chance of winning, he'll never have a good of a night against Jones as he had again. I want to see Cormier rag doll Jones all over the place!

Guest John Hancock

BtRPkReCQAERtsF.jpg

Oh gaud.

UFC 178 looks great now. Jones/Cormier, Conor McGregor in Vegas for the first time ever, the returns of Dominick Cruz and Cat Zingano, both probably fighting for a title shot.

UFC a having a great year, and the last half of it looks amazing, these are real old-fashioned, star-powered cards. Two title fights at 177, the afore mentioned 178, rumours of Wiedman/Belfort and Aldo/Mendes II in a Brazilian World Cup football-stadium at 179, Velasquez/Werdum in Mexico for 180, the return to Montreal at 181 (Rory vs. Hendricks?) and the big New Year's Eve blowout crowd-pleaser at UFC 182.

Edited by John Hancock

• 2 weeks later...
Guest John Hancock

BuOAc49IAAAk1OT.jpg

No video I can embed yet, but this ended in a fist-fight and Joe Rogan falling off a stage, through a wall, Jones punched some random, looks like it might have been Stich, Conor McGregor, sporting a topknot, tried to get involved for no reason. It was f*cking GLORIOUS.

EDIT: Found it!

[video=youtube;-uK23HPTiOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uK23HPTiOY

And I think it's Jon Anik falling through a wall, not Joe Rogan.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest John Hancock

Okay, so, on the third guess, the guy who falls over is UFC's head of public relations David Shooler, and the memes of his face are awesome.

BuOglLXCIAA6Tb1.jpg

BuOXJZXCcAEC2yg.jpg

Yeah, it's the first time in a long time that I actually want to watch a fight based on the build up. None of that "I respect him as a fighter" nonsense, just two dudes punching each other in the face because they don't like each other. Ace.

Part of me thinks Jones did that to actually avoid fighting DC.

Why throw an un-gloved, unprotected punch which could end easily in an injury and a cancellation of the fight, not only that but risk hurting bystanders and end up suspended by the local commission for your actions?

He got in DC's face to act the big man and tried to get a reaction to try and justify his actions but the fact is Jones has been avoiding this fight for a while and had he got through Guff and DC stayed healthy enough to get the next shot I still reckon Jones would have had a random knee injury or such to allow him to back out.

Any man that backs out of a fight with Chael Sonnen is a b**ch and I fully expect and want to see DC treat him like one.

Edited by Evil Gringo

Guest The Beltster
Jon Jones is such a fake person. His holier-than-thou gimmick he puts out on TV is totally different to his actual asshole self. The guy who gets DUI's, gets seen coming out of strip clubs, talks completely different away from the cameras etc. Look, nothing wrong with strip clubs, but be you, dont make out you're some religious Mr Perfect. I cant wait for DC to kick his ass.

"Everything is possible through Christ, including putting some 100's in that girls bra, hell yeah!"

Actual Jon Jones quote... I kid you not.

I never heard the actual explanation he gave for being drunk behind the wheel, endangering peoples lives and staying out late whilst his children and their mother were at home despite the fact that his greatest joy in life is his family followed by god...

I think even Jones couldn't have spat up enough BS to explain that one.

Guest John Hancock
Jon Jones is such a fake person. His holier-than-thou gimmick he puts out on TV is totally different to his actual asshole self. The guy who gets DUI's, gets seen coming out of strip clubs, talks completely different away from the cameras etc. Look, nothing wrong with strip clubs, but be you, dont make out you're some religious Mr Perfect. I cant wait for DC to kick his ass.

Exactly that. He's just too fake. He wants to be something he isn't, instead of just embracing who he is, or at least confronting parts of himself he isn't happy with. You don't get to set yourself up as the evangelical saviour of the youth of America when you're drunk driving and cheating on your kid's mum.

You can't be Luka Skywalker when the cameras are on and Han Solo when they're off. Well, you can, but then you're a phoney and everyone hopes you get beaten up.

I really, really, really want DC to suplex him on his head.

I also nearly chocked when he said DC chopped him in the throat. It was a push but because Jones is a lanky bugger it hit him high were as I think DC wanted to push his face away but couldn't reach.

Love how he couldn't admit, even though the camera shows it, that he dipped his head to go forehead to forehead and play mind games, or at least try. Or admit that he threw the first punch and went back at DC and that he basically instigated the whole god damn thing.

If he was any faker he would be Pamela Anderson's left tit. Instead of just being a massive one like he is.

Part of the problem, possibly even the main problem, is that Jon Jones refuses to accept that his public persona is 100% heel and will never fully accept that role when it comes to promoting fights. He's not a likeable character at all but he still wants to be portrayed as the All-American, clean-cut hero and won't let the UFC market him as anything else.

When it starts unravelling like it is now he comes off so badly and he probably doesn't even understand why. On the plus side he's apparently trying to get hold of Paul Heyman to work on his promos, hopefully Heyman will spell it out to him.

Guest John Hancock
Isn't this a good gimmick though? Like, look around, look at us, all hoping he gets beaten up by Cain Velasquez's fat, middle aged boyfriend. It's the best gimmick ever. We've got Nick Diaz, we've had Chael Sonnen, we're good for black-and-white heels. A mega-heel who thinks he's the biggest babyface in the company!? It's gold! Don't ever change Jon, so we can keep hating you.