Martial Arts

Jon Jones will fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 178

Guest John Hancock

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
The only reasons I want Jon Jones to win is, one, he's one of the few guys left with a genuine gimmick, I feel like DC would become a lot more boring without Jones, and, two, I really want Jones vs. Cain.

Guest The Beltster
I wonder how Jones will spin this or will it just be more of the usual empty apologies? "I'm ashamed I acted that way, it wont happen again....at least until the next time."

Torn menescus (sp?) ligament and sprained ankle in his right leg sustained during wrestling practise, the fight has been moved till the 3rd of January 2015. The 125lb title fight will now headline the ppv instead after being moved back from the card on the 30th...

DC has stated he took the fight with a pre -existing injury so this will also give time to be 100% healthy but he was powering through it to have this fight and he hoped that Jones could have done the same.

All I will add is I thought Jones would try and duck this fight and an 'injury' would crop up. Seen as their is no surgery planned I doubt the damage is that bad. So surprise Jones is a bit*h once more.

Guest John Hancock
DC has stated he took the fight with a pre -existing injury so this will also give time to be 100% healthy

He'll also almost be 36. I wonder who the oldest UFC fighter is to win their first title.

I get someone's got footage of Greg Jackson doing an insurance job on Jon's legs.

I said after the fight at the press event when Jones just threw himself at DC regardless of what possible injury he could suffer that he did not want this fight. He wanted Gus because he knew he would get no where as close as the first fight at defeating him as he literally shot his load trying to win last time. So annoyed right now REALLY annoyed. Edited by Evil Gringo

• 1 month later...
Guest John Hancock

The NSAC disciplinary hearing regarding the press conference brawl is happening right now. Turns out Nike dropped Jon Jones because the fight breached the morality clause in his contract with them. Jones' lawyer also said another, anonymous, big sponsorship deal also fell apart during negotiations because of it.

EDIT: $50,000 fine and 40 hours community service for Jones. Cormier up next.

EDIT2: $9,000, 20 hours for Cormier. Jones has to do his community service in Las Vegas, Cormier can do it wherever he wants. Round 1 goes 10-8 Cormier.

Edited by John Hancock

It's fair enough. Jones got in his face, Jones threw the takedown and Jones was the one throwing punches.

Plus no more of those annoying Bones Knows T-Shirts and that arrogant ...and still top is also no more. Thank you Nike. You may run sweatshops, make overpriced trainers, terrible overpriced football kits and made those shirts in the first place but thank you for dropping Jones.

Guest The Beltster
Never said they weren't good shoes, I said they were overpriced shoes.
Eh I dunno, overpriced in comparison to what? Adidas, Reebok, all these guys are on the same price level, they are priced at current market standards and they are known as the industry leader so I cant say they're overpriced anymoreso than anybody else. The tech they put in their shoes now is much better than anybody else too.

Guest John Hancock
I think so. They both still have pages on the Nike Store website, and JDS did a bunch of media stuff from the Brazilian national team recently, who are a Nike team. If you want to see Silva at his completely unrecognisable natural bodyweight, he makes a cameo in Nike's World Cup advert.

Yes I recall, he looked immensely beefed out. Who was it he was squaring up to in that advert, I didn't recognise him.

As for Nike shoes, my final word on them is that all trainers are overpriced but Nike and Adidas make the best ones outside of skate shoes. Except for Shocks, I hate Nike Shocks.