Fan Clubs (beta)

DC vs Marvel? Do you have a preference?

Guest The Beltster

Guest The Beltster
There's little chance in hell, as far as I'm concerned, that anything DC does is gonna be remotely as cool as the MCU.
I cant wait for Avengers 2, but hell, if people cant get hyped for Superman/Batman, they have problems. That shit is going to be f*cking wicked too! Especially after MoS was so great.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so goddamn hype right now. There's little chance in hell, as far as I'm concerned, that anything DC does is gonna be remotely as cool as the MCU. They're just too far behind and it's gonna seem like they're just playing copycat at this point.

Their TV universe is, for me, miles ahead of any other comic book stuff. Between Arrow, Flash and Constantine they are blowing away the MCU i everything bar big F/X.

Guest Yodahew

Marvel only have shield which is a really good show but dc have arrow, gotham, flash starting soon. They are all good shows so naturally beat marvel. I think when marvel drop their knights tv shows on netflix then they will show again why they are better than dc.

Bear in mind its all in the same universe for marvel as well and that is impressive in its self as they have to get all the scheduling right so the clean up after thor 2 and cap 2 happens the week after release in the cinemas etc. Dc nothing is linked except arrow and flash.

Bear in mind its all in the same universe for marvel as well and that is impressive in its self as they have to get all the scheduling right so the clean up after thor 2 and cap 2 happens the week after release in the cinemas etc. Dc nothing is linked except arrow and flash.

And thats a problem for me. I stopped watching SHEILD for a while as to not spoil the films. Was a pain in the arse. :lol

Got to say that I do enjoy Marvel, just generally prefer DC. Oddly Time magazine recently declared Arrow the best comic adaption story on screen. I say oddly as they once declared Hitler msn of the year, so whos to trust them.

Anyhoo. This film looks great!

Guest Yodahew
Belty i mean purely on the ability to produce good shows. Arrow and smallville are 2 of my fav shows but i generally enjoy marvel product more. I agree that they both produce good and bad stuff i just find dc produces more bad than marvel.

Guest The Beltster
I wasnt directing my comment specifically at you bro or anybody here, I'm just making an off the cuff comment. Its like when you go to gaming forums and its either PS4 or XBox etc, or back in the day it was WWF or WCW, people alot of the times cant seem to like both. Both put out good and bad, having a favourite is all good, but both are great if you're a fan of the genre :)

Guest Yodahew
I no you werent matey and i was just clarifying my point. We all good! :-) i always like wcw and wwf and i like most things if, as you say, the product is good. Hell i even enjoyed fantastic four and that is seen as god awful. And green lantern. I just enjoy the product.

I love all kinds of comics, not just Marvel and DC. Don't get me wrong, I'm exited for Bats vs Supes, I just feel DC is behind the game in the film category. From all accounts their TV is doing really well. I've been meaning to start Arrow, I just haven't gotten around to it. Same with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Same with Flash. I'm not really invested with the SHIELD stuff because as far as Marvel goes I was always more into the Mutant stuff more than anything.

As far as the big two go, I would say I lean more towards Marvel than DC, but that doesn't mean I don't like DC. There's stuff Marvel does that I don't like, same with DC.

Oh God yeah, I love comics full stop. And I have enjoyed every superhero film or show I have ever seen (except Batman and Robin, not even Arnie could save that pile of shite) from both companies. Just DC tends to be my favourite, Green Arrow, Constantine, Batman, Lobo, Superman (when written right) and The Suicide Squadall keep me entertained. Though I have a massive soft spot for the old 2000AD stuff like Dredd, Nemesis, Rogue Trooper and Finn (even if he is a Slaine rip off).

Guest John Hancock

The only recent DC films I've liked were Nolan's Batmans. Marvel had Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America 2 and Days of Future Past, making it a 3-3 tie in my book. I guess a tie breaker would be just how monumentally shit Man of Steel was, which sort of swings it in Marvels favour for me, because, even though I thought Avengers, Captain America 1 and the Ironman trilogy were poop, I certainly didn't think they were that bad.

None of the T.V. shows are my sort of thing at all. Although Agents of SHIELD probably deserves a second go, because Marvel's films have got so much better recently that maybe their T.V. has too.

Comic-book-wise, if it's between the big too, it's got to be Batman > Marvel > DC. Batman's it's own entity. The New 52 is fantastic though, so DC could creep up. I'm really, really liking the reboots of Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing and Animalman. Without Batman, Marvel still have a better back catalogue, but their recent tedious tokenism of just sticking tits and melanin on every f*cker they can find in the most patronisingly offensive way possible means that DC probably have only a few years to wait until they break ahead with me.

There's some good stuff from 52 but I'm not that sold on it. I hate the new Lobo. Newbo needs to die in the worst way.

Looking forward to Marvel's Secret Wars 3 next year as well as DC's new Crisis. Especially if the rumors of a inter company crossover are true. I want the Hypercrisis in the worst way. Imagine Braniac or even Superboy Prime with the Infinity Guantlet vs. The Beyonder vs. The Anti Monitor. I just can't hold all the hype. I would nerd all over the place.

Guest The Beltster
I guess a tie breaker would be just how monumentally shit Man of Steel was, Ironman trilogy were poop.
These sorts of comments are as unnatural as homosexuals, Jews, gays and swimming.

MOS and Iron Man rocked the party that rocked the Par-TAY!

For the record I liked Man of Steel. Only really cared for the first two Iron Man's though. Didn't like the third.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier was straight baller though. My very favorite was Days of Future Past. Finally a movie that did the X-Men justice.

Guest John Hancock
For the record I liked Man of Steel.

Liar! Don't try and suck up to Beltmark just because he's as racist as you! You hated it as much as everyone else.

Guest John Hancock
There's little chance in hell, as far as I'm concerned, that anything DC does is gonna be remotely as cool as the MCU.

Ben Afleck in a slightly greyer than usual Batman and IHOPs?

Guest The Beltster
You mis-read the scene. Costner was actually telling him not to watch Waterworld, but it got lost in hand-signal translation and he died. These things happen. It was very windy.