Fan Clubs (beta)

Game of Thrones - Season 5! *may contain spoilers*

Maxximus

They've been saying the TV is reaching the point where it's going to be spoiling the books.

Or they tell a different story in the end. It's already different in some ways anyhow which is fine if (and I know no one on this site is) your not one of those people who believe it has to follow the book exactly to the point where they rage, spit and scream.

After all it is 'based' on the books, its not a like for like adaptation.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I get that (I haven't read the books), but having read quotes from George R. R. Martin where he said that he has told the producers where the books are heading, it's inevitable that there is going to be some cross-over at some point.

It's going to be hilarious when those who only read the books are now the ones who need to avoid spoilers.

I've watched all four episodes, truth be told the series is heading in a different direction in a lot of places to the books and if the series so far is an indication, they won't be spoiling much at all.

I honestly think this will be series where we see a split completely, not just little changes here and there but a major split in canon between the page and the screen.

From Digital Spy:

Game of Thrones will be simulcast by Sky from next Monday (April 21).

Sky Atlantic has confirmed that it will now broadcast the popular fantasy drama in tandem with HBO at 2am UK time, also retaining its primetime 9pm screening on Monday evenings.

• 2 weeks later...

From Digital Spy, I've removed the actors name incase it gives a clue to who it might involve...

Consider yourselves warned – An actor has revealed that a shocking and tragic event will occur in the middle of Game of Thrones season five.

While they refused to divulge which characters will be impacted by the twist, they were quick to promise that "huge waves" will be made before the end of the season.

"There's something that happens about halfway through this season that is really going to make huge waves, and people aren't going to be happy about it," they told Zap2it.

As long as Daenarys and Tyrion survive, anyone else can bite it. Strangely, Jamie Lannister and Arya are probably the only other characters which I'd be really bummed to loose. One of the real strengths is just how many interesting characters the show has, so loosing one or two, or five, doesn't necessarily hurt it. And part of that is their ability to bring in new interesting characters too.

• 3 weeks later...

Its like they decided that Sansa starts to get a bit of nicety in the books and they couldn't stand it so they changed it to a good old fashioned rape wedding instead on TV. She does look like Boy George everyday though.

As I've said before this is probably the season with the most changes to the books, more then likely because they have to start planning for life ahead of George R.R. Martin's work as he drags his way towards the next book but to be honest, for those who have read them it has tied a lot of things up and merged a lot of storylines that would have just been too widespread to fit onto TV.

Sad thing is for Chris, they haven't got to the point where we know if Ramsay gets his comeuppance in the books so lord knows what they are going to do on TV. But if Jod get axed then surely Ramsay gets his deliverance soon?