Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread - March 29, 2015 from Santa Clara, CA

TPIB

Guest Jayfunk

In fact, the only thing I'm actually looking forward to seeing is The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt, because Bray is actually winning all of his matches and looking strong. Almost like The Undertaker's presence alone helps WWE book things properly.

The problem with Taker vs Bray is that there is no way Taker is losing again, it would end his career on such a low. It isn't going to happen thus it's a bit of a waste of bray in my opinion.

Edited by bigmatt

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigmatt
I wouldn't have done Bray/Taker either but I'll take Undertaker beating Bray, Sting beating Triple H and a face/off between the two to set-up a double retirement match at Cowboys Stadium.

Guest Edgehead
I can really see Bray winning. Now the streaks over I don't see what difference it makes if he has 1 or 2 in the loss column & it would do wonders for Bray.

I wouldn't have done Bray/Taker either but I'll take Undertaker beating Bray, Sting beating Triple H and a face/off between the two to set-up a double retirement match at Cowboys Stadium.

I would much rather see Bray go over and truly end the Undertaker this year. I like all the stuff they're doing with Bray, saying the Undertaker is stuck between worlds and Bray will put him out of his misery and send him to the afterlife. I really hope he ends Taker's career this year.

Bray's been booked well and strong of late and it's made me enjoy him more. This is actually probably the match I'm looking forward to most. I think if they keep this up and put him over Taker there is a legitimate, main event title contender to come out of the other side. It will really make Bray. Where as if he loses, well then what? It won't be the end of the world but it'll take time to recover and I feel they'd miss the chance to strike when the irons at its hottest. They might not get as good a chance to really elevate Bray this well again.

Edited by Magic

Guest bigmatt
I would much rather see Bray go over and truly end the Undertaker this year. I like all the stuff they're doing with Bray, saying the Undertaker is stuck between worlds and Bray will put him out of his misery and send him to the afterlife. I really hope he ends Taker's career this year.

Bray's been booked well and strong of late and it's made me enjoy him more. This is actually probably the match I'm looking forward to most. I think if they keep this up and put him over Taker there is a legitimate, main event title contender to come out of the other side. It will really make Bray. Where as if he loses, well then what? It won't be the end of the world but it'll take time to recover and I feel they'd miss the chance to strike when the irons at its hottest. They might not get as good a chance to really elevate Bray this well again.

OK, that's a strong case. I'd have been a lot more negative on this idea a couple of weeks ago because Bray's promos over the last few months have been poor. It's like they worked out he can talk and so told him to do 5 minutes every week and say nothing, which hurt him. His Undertaker stuff has been good though. Shorter too. I could go with that.

I would like to see Sting/Taker as a retirement match for both guys, next year though. It's a big stadium, a lot of seats to fill and a great setting. It's a "dream match". Undertaker is a Texas boy, Sting lives there too, I think? It'd be a fitting end for both guys and one of them can go in the hall of fame There's a way of doing both your scenario and that though and that is to tease Undertaker retiring and have Sting interrupt and challenge him on the post Mania Raw?

Guest Smarkdown Radio

Lack of Creativity

To me, it seems that this is a pure example of how WWE has failed to develop compelling story arcs between its talent.

Two multi person matches (the IC ladder & Andre the Giant BR) are an easy out that they can just jam full of high spots to try to trick the crowd into reacting to size over substance.

As for Wyatt v Taker: just wrestling Taker will help elevate Bray but he could end up stalled if he takes the loss and doesn't have a strong followup program. Conversely, a guy who won 21 straight at Mania dropping two in a row might not play well either. I still wish this is the way they would have chosen to break the streak to begin with.....Wyatt going over clean v Taker and "ending" him forever.

Travis

smarkdownradio.net

Blogtalkradio.com/smarkdownradio

Smarkdownradio@gmail.com

I think it's pretty safe to assume some of the people who will be involved in the multi-man Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Title. In addition to defending champion Bad News Barrett, I expect we will see R-Truth, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, & Daniel Bryan in the match. As much as I enjoy multi-man Ladder Matches, I would still rather see Bryan vs. Ziggler at WrestleMania. In any case, I don't expect to see Barrett walk out as the champion.

Some people may see the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal as just being a "filler" match or just a spot-fest, but I look at it as an intriguing way to get several guys on the WrestleMania card who would normally be nowhere near it. Case in point, look at Curtis Axel; if it wasn't for this Battle Royal, there is no way that Axel would even be considered for a match at the biggest WWE event of the year.

Last year, WWE dropped the ball with Cesaro after he won the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal, but I'm really hoping that they actually do something with this year's winner.

Guest Ciaran The King
With just over 3 weeks to go the card is looking a little thin......they seem to be focusing on just a few feuds here and there while throwing who's left into he Ladder match and Battle Royal

Well so far we've got -:

Brock v Reigns

IC Ladder Match

Battle Royal

Sting v Triple H

Plus we should also have the following, judging by the current build -:

Rollins v Orton

Bray v 'Taker

Paige v Left Bella

Cena v Rusev

That's an eight-match card, which is enough for WrestleMania to allow the bouts to have some time. I'm hoping for NXT to get a showcase (I'd love to have Owens v Balor for the title, especially for the Balor entrance when the budget can go through the roof).

Should make Rusev/Cena a towel match with Lana and Hogan holding the towels. Hogan will be involved with this match in some shape or form anyway.

Bryan going from beating Evolution in one night to win the World Title to a Multi man IC title ladder match in one year, ouch!

Calling it now, the match between Rusev and Cena will be non-title because Rusev won't be champion going in to Mania. The way I see things going down is that Rusev defends the belt against someone within the next few weeks, Cena interferes and causes Rusev to lose the belt to X,Y or Z (I'd laugh if they gave Axel the belt judging by his Raw reaction). This pisses Rusev off, and he grants him the Mania match.

The only other way I see this going down is if Cena puts Rusev in the STF in a non-match situation and refuses to let go until Rusev accepts the match.

Bryan going from beating Evolution in one night to win the World Title to a Multi man IC title ladder match in one year, ouch!
The thing is though, anything other than a spot in the main-event would be a step down from last year, regardless of the match / situation.

I was thinking that after having Saliva for The Dudleys, Motorhead for Triple H, Living Color for CM Punk, Mark Crozer and The Rels for Bray Wyatt, maybe WWE should give Nikolai Volkoff a call and have him sing the Russian national anthem for Rusev's entrance at WrestleMania.