Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread - March 29, 2015 from Santa Clara, CA

TPIB

Guest Ciaran The King
I am looking forward to the event but the build has been diabolical since the Rumble, Brock should retain and the younger talent, Ambrose, Wyatt, Rollins should go over.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigmatt

Reigns is younger than Brock, that means you should be hoping he goes over :p

I think Rollins is winning. I think I would put Ambrose and Wyatt over too but Bryan is probably favourite for the ladder match.

Guest bigmatt

The problem with that now is: Why would Heyman do it?

When Brock's future was uncertain they had a perfect reason to do it: Heyman claims Brock was leaving, which left him in the lurch on his own and by screwing Brock not only is he not left in the lurch, he is managing the top guy in the company. There's real solid reasons why he would jump. Now though you have the manager of an unstoppable monster giving up his meal ticket as the manager of an unstoppable monster for no real reason and putting himself in harms way.

It's less justifiable.

Guest Magic
The only match I'm really bothered by who goes over is Bray/Undertaker. I really want to see Taker lose and retire and push Bray onto the next level. I'm not fussed on the outcome of the rest of the matches as I can see fair cases for going either way (slight exception maybe is Seth and Orton), but I'll be legit pissed off if Bray gets beat two years in a row by older, established guys.

Guest bigmatt
I wonder who's winning the battle royal. Ryback wins, Mizdow does the turn and wins, Sheamus returns and wins, NXT guy debuts, wins and is called up from Raw onwards, Henry wins and Kane or Big Show continue their tension or whatever and one of them wins. Where's your money?

Given they didn't debut a returning Sheamus at all I'd go for him winning. Ideally someone like Owens or Balor would win from NXT, give them some momentum coming into a debut. Word is Finn Balor is already looking primed to go up to the main roster after Mania.

So I've signed up for network rather than pay sky double money for this. Then come end of month if I have enough days for extreme rules ill watch that before cancelling

Strong talk of taker retiring next year, being wm in texas his home state but would like to see wyatt get the win.

It's not a bad mania card at all. Should be some fun matches in there.

Guest bigmatt

Dean Ambrose's journey to WrestleMania:

Preparing for war: Rusev's WrestleMania workout:

Rebuilding the machine: Ryback’s WrestleMania workout:

WrestleMania 31: Sting vs. Triple H Preview:

Guest bigmatt

[spoiler=Possible Spoiler]Meltzer (on the Board) says that Sheamus is booked on the show. So, Battle Royal win? Or costing someone a match? I could see heel Sheamus costing Bryan the match or they have a story built-in with a genuine reason to turn heel on John Cena. Sheamus was the U.S Champion that lost the title to Rusev. Sheamus was injured and put on the shelf for trying to be a member of Cena's team at Survivor Series but he's been forgotten and ignored while Cena celebrated their win and then lauded himself as the man to finally beat Rusev when everyone else couldn't etc. But I can't see Cena not winning that match. Unless with Brock turning babyface, they want to do Brock - streak killer vs. Rusev at SummerSlam. Maybe unify the titles? But yeah. Probably battle royal and if they want him as a top heel as I think they should. He could dump Ryback out last and feud with him and beat him.

And here's the John Cena vs. Rusev Preview:

Guest bigmatt
Apparently the Battle Royal has been moved to the pre-show.

Hopefully that means that Orton and Rollins will get plenty of time. I was worried they were going to get short-changed and I'm really looking forward to that as a match. Their feud has been hampered but the match should be great.

These are great. I don't know why they don't put more stuff like this on TV and early too:

I'm not sure what Stephanie was supposed to add to this feud but there you go:

Guest The Beltster
This surely has been the most lacklustre WM build ever with possibly the most lacklustre card. I'm literally not looking forward to any single match or appearance. I'm not even looking forward to the HOF apart from to see what Butch Bushwhacker looks like now. Lame. Edited by The Beltster

I'm mildly interested for the Sting match and maybe the ladder match but I'd agree massively with Belty. I wouldn't have been aware it was Mania this week had it not been mentioned for the TWO podcast.

my W.M predictions.......lesnar retains [ loses the title at the next nights RAW to rollins].......HHH beats sting [ HHH will not job again at mania ]......cena wins [ usual predictable B.S].....bryan wins I.C title [ WWE wants to put a shine on the title ]......taker loses [ not sure but could be shock of the night ]....what do you think of my picks ?????

This surely has been the more lacklustre WM build ever with possibly the most lacklustre card. I'm literally not looking forward to any single match or appearance. I'm not even looking forward to the HOF apart from to see what Butch Bushwhacker looks like now. Lame.

It can't be worse than Wrestlemania 27 and 25,they both had terrible build up and even worse cards.

Guest The Beltster
I dont remember 25 or 27 off the top of my head, but I do know that every year I've at least looked forward to ONE thing on the show or at least the HOF. This year I couldn't care less about either so for me, this one is worse than 25 and 27.