Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE SummerSlam 2015 Discussion Thread - August 23, 2015 from Brooklyn, NY (#28)

TPIB

Guest Yodahew

Poor finish ruined cena vs rollins. Amazing match.

We have a new redhead as well. Becky lynch is no longer orange haired.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good show overall but I have to admit I enjoyed NXT Takeover more.

Was the Jon Stewart swerve botched? I thought it was odd he seemed to be aiming the chair for both Cena and Rollins when he was meant to be the face with a grudge against Rollins. I assumed he did this as Cena was still flat on the mat whilst Rollins was half up.

I dunno, that whole thing was weird. I'm assuming they're gonna go down the route of Stewart saying that "as a wrestling fan" he was defending Ric Flair's title record. I mean, that's the only plausible explanation for what happened, isn't it?

I dunno, that whole thing was weird. I'm assuming they're gonna go down the route of Stewart saying that "as a wrestling fan" he was defending Ric Flair's title record. I mean, that's the only plausible explanation for what happened, isn't it?

That's how I seen it as soon as it happened. They made a big deal of him saying how big a wrestling fan he is at several points in the show before it. It just about make sense, if you stretch it.

Still, two bull shit finishes in the two biggest matches of the second biggest PPV of the year has got my immediate disapproval. There was good stuff splattered throughout the show, Cena/Rollins until the finish and Cesaro/Owens for example, but you come away from it mostly just shaking your head.

I found it interesting Orton was pinned clean. I can't think of a single thing they could do to make him interesting again so I'll be happy if he's just a Jericho Jobber now. Have Wyatt, Owens and whoever else all pin him clean to help their build.

I've moaned about it plenty before, but the way WWE stack their PPV cards does my head on. Fair enough having Taker/Brock go on last, but have the title match before it. This idea of putting a "second" main event on in the middle of the show and then coming back down for lesser matches really grinds my gears. Have it all build to the biggest match damnit.

when he was meant to be the face with a grudge against Rollins.
Rollins gave Stewart a WWE World Heavyweight Championship belt (complete with Daily Show side-plates) as a finishing-the-show present, so they made up at that point if you need a reason for Jon to screw Cena (although the smart-fan angle works too).

The ending of Brock-Taker was pretty badass with the middle finger "you got me you cheating son of a b*tch" and not tapping. It has HHH written all over it, but are we seriously going to believe that after all those shenanigans Paul Heyman wouldn't interfere at that point.

Other than that it really pisses me off when you get a big PPV and then you got a finish like Rusev-Ziggler to just progress the fued.

Rollins is awesome, but when is he going to get a clean win.

Guest Yodahew
I enjoyed the overall show but there were far to many screwy finishes. For a show which is billed as big as wrestlemania to have non conclusive finishes to the two biggest matches of the night is irritating beyond belief. The match itself in both cases were very good. I was confused when cena rollins was announced as next as well. I guenuinly looked at the clock as I was expecting that match to be followed by brock taker to finish the show.

Guest Edgehead
I thought the ending to Brock/Taker was pretty cool. Even in defeat Brock still looks unstoppable. First he becomes the first man ever to make Taker tap out, then Taker resorts to a low blow to get the win where Brock defiantly gives him the finger before passing out. Between that & Brock ending the streak they've really put him over as the man who has Taker's number.

I thought the ending to Brock/Taker was pretty cool. Even in defeat Brock still looks unstoppable. First he becomes the first man ever to make Taker tap out
Angle made him tap out.

When?

I remember Taker tapping Angle with a triangle choke and Angle pinning him but never Angle tapping him with the Ankle Lock.

I never said it was to the ankle lock.

Plus even if did the WWE are denying it ever happened.
At the moment, WWE are denying Hulkamania ever happened. :lol

Guest Yodahew
looking at that video taker taps after5 the ref counted 3 against angle so i imagine it wouldnt count. no sound on ym work computer so cant hear any commentory.

looking at that video taker taps after5 the ref counted 3 against angle so i imagine it wouldnt count. no sound on ym work computer so cant hear any commentory.
Taker taps at the same time as the three-count, not afterwards.

Yeah, there where two refs, each declared the other man the winner so it was declared a draw.
He still tapped and, if we're arguing semantics, the Angle one is more valid than the Brock one because at least ("in the record books") the tap-out is acknowledged.