Fan Clubs (beta)

Captain Marvel

Guest Incredible Iron

Guest Incredible Iron
We will see her next weekend. Are you going to see her? I have a mix feeling about this movie. The trailer is good, but I have a feeling that it is only good at that. I will wait for my friends' comments about it before I will watch it.

Guest Pumba
I am a Marvel fan, so I will see it. I would like to see Stan's part in the movie as we can't see him anymore in future Marvel movies. I guess the Avenger's Endgame and Spiderman will be the last movies where Stan could be seen.

I'm excited for it, I want to see what implications Captain Marvel has for Endgame, and I think it'll be a real fun movie. Plus, it deals with the Kree and I'm really interested in seeing what more we learn about them. We learned a little bit from Guardians of the Galaxy and Marvels Agents of Shield about them.

Guest Revenger

The Kree race is blue people, that we know already. I'm guessing that their favorite song is "I'm Blue". And lastly, they are the ones who coded the "Blue Screen of Death" for Windows. Enough jesting.

Reading the reviews, which we need to put a grain of salt, they are somewhat mediocre. I'm expecting that because we still live in a world where men are supposed to save the world and not the ladies. I'm still going to see it this weekend.

The Kree are interesting because it seems like they're often portrayed as villains. They're responsible for the Inhumans on Earth, they were the bad guys in Guardians of the Galaxy.

But Captain Marvel is going to start off with them as the good guys. Whether she finds corruption in the Kree remains to be seen. I will see this as soon as I can.

Guest Revenger

I rate this movie 7 out of 10 (1 is added because of the Flerken the cat). I think Fury made the movie bearable because of his funny character.

The question for me was the flying part. I know that she absorbed the energy blast, but she never practiced flying and all of a sudden she can fly. I mean, she could have practiced flying like what Ironman did.

Edited by Revenger

I tend to agree, that the movie was decent but not super good. Definitely worth seeing though. But yea, I did enjoy Fury a bit more than I enjoyed her.

As it relates to her flying, I think the fact that she was an actual fighter pilot gives her the edge here. Tony Stark was a scientist who'd never flown anything in his life, but Carol flew a lot. I think that would give her an inherent advantage on figuring out how to self-fly pretty quick

Guest Pumba

I enjoyed the film with its battles, but not the plot because it felt like it is the same as the story of Thor and Loki condensed into one movie portrayed with different characters.

I mean Talos was like Loki, who was seen as a villain at the beginning to become someone who just fights for its freedom. Then Captain Marvel fought him and his allies but became friends in the end.

Yea but that's kind of an oversimplification of Loki's story, because Loki truly WAS a villain. Loki used to work for Thanos or at least was aligned with him, that's the whole point of the 1st Avengers movie. Loki's slow shift towards finally being a good guy has been worked at over the course of 3 or 4 films now. Talos on the other hand was simply purported to be the villain by the Kree, when he was never actually evil to begin with - he was just doing what he had to do for the survival of his people, and even then they didn't mention any war crimes. The worst thing he did was his quote "My hands are stained with war too" or something along those lines. So yea, he's killed because he's been at war, and they've used their mental interrogation techniques. But torture? Genocide? Planetary domination? None of those things seem to be what Talos was after, whereas Loki was all about those things. I think that puts them in different categories.

Guest Revenger
I agree with the spoiler of Zack, so to speak. It is so easy for us to compare superhero stories because we are already saturated with many of these stories. I guess the best way to appreciate a movie is to watch it without comparing it with other movies, although I tend to do just that as well.

Guest Mecha Jaraxxus
I'm tired of Superhero movies. They've been done too much in recent years. There's always massive hype around them and then they hardly ever end up delivering. Maybe I'm just being overly negative, but I don't see myself watching any superhero movie (not just this one) for a long time yet.

Guest Pumba

Good point Zack.

To Mecha, you can say that because there are indeed a lot of superhero movies in the previous years. You don't have to watch this movie to relate with the conclusion of how to defeat Thanos.