Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

AEW Discussion 2019

Zack T

Technically PAC walked away from Double Or Nothing due to being Dragongate Champion at the time and Dragon Gate didn't want him to lose, so they held off til he was done there. But he did come back.

Yea I dunno what's going on with her, I'm confused by the whole situation.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a great episode last week, the one segment I had to mention is THE BLADE...AND THE BUTCHER...AND THE BUNNY!

I was seriously thinking I must have missed something with Excalibur constantly repeating their names as if we're meant to know who they are. I'm glad Ross asked that question because I thought I'd missed something somwhere :p They had a good look, it's a shame their introduction wasn't better thought out. I'm not sure about attacking Cody either. If it's because Allie has a beef with Brandi, it's a weak link. I guess it could lead to Cody teaming with Dustin but that wouldn't be great for BBB as I can't see them beating the Rhodes Bros.

I was seriously thinking I must have missed something with Excalibur constantly repeating their names as if we're meant to know who they are. I'm glad Ross asked that question because I thought I'd missed something somwhere.

Does anyone else think that Ross is low-key throwing shade? He does it often. I don't remember him having that much bite before. As much as I like the bloke and think he's a good fit, Excalibur has started talking too much.

Well, look at it like this - Wrestling announcers job is to get the viewers at home excited and caring about the characters/action we're seeing. We expect them to know who people are, because if the commentators didn't even know who someone new was, they'd feel less important to the viewers.

To me, Excalibur was doing his job correctly to hype up the Butcher, Blade, and Bunny Allie. Yea, I don't know them or know Allie like this, but if the announcer knows and has excitement in their voice, then that at least helps present them as a big deal.

I mostly enjoy JR's commentary, but I feel he does disparage the product/talent a bit too much on Dynamite. He's subtle about it usually, but telling Adam Page that he doesn't make sense as a high flyer (while that's something I agree with) just isn't appropriate for commentary. That'd make more sense on his own podcast, or backstage.