Fan Clubs | beta

Laziness

ShadowEdge

I'd like to think that I'm a productive person, and I am when it comes to work, but I'm lazy when it comes to everything else. It hit me yesterday afternoon. I had several boxes from Amazon because I can't be bothered to go to the store. I was frustrated that I needed scissors to open the boxes which were in the other room. After being brave enough to take the long lonely walk to the kitchen to retrieve said scissors, I was irritated to find those little plastic airbags inside every box. I went to stack them up in the spare room when low and behold, I realized the room was already overrunning with the things. Because I'm planning to reuse them? Nope. Because I can't bothered to cut each one, squeeze out the air, and carry them out to the trash. That's just pathetic! Do you ever have those moments when you realize you're just being lazy? What's your most lazy habit? I'm off to dispose of some airbags. I bet it will take a whole 10 minutes of strenuous work. Shoot, I've got to retrieve those scissors again. I could order enough scissors to keep a pair in every room, but that would just bring more airbags. Yeah, I've got to fight this laziness.

I'm pretty lazy as well. Like you, I'll be productive at work but I do like downtime at work as well.

I've been meaning to order some books from the library or amazon for a couple months now, but I just haven't because...lazy.

I am usually very productive at work, probably because the brain knows how to adjust to situations. You will not want to be sluggish at work since your immediate boss could reprimand you. On a personal level, you have to push yourself at times, to do some things.

I was the kind of person who would give my all at work but get lazy when it was about managing my time. There are those moments when the body seems to give in, but for some time now, I have been successful at pushing myself beyond certain limits.

I think we all know that work requires us to be diligent. Lazy at work will cost us the job, and we need money to live. Everything else is the second priority. I try not to delay things too much these days. For example, clean up my room right at the moment I have the thought. It's not always successful, but I'd say it's pretty good.

I think one reason people get into watching and reading about the ultra-rich is that their lifestyles seem to at least partially show that catch-all dream of never toiling or suffering. Of course, we know that living worry-free and lazy for life isn't the same as feeling content. It's fun to daydream about it, though.

What? I can't believe no one thought to pat me on the head and tell me that I'm not lazy. That anyone would struggle to walk into another room for some scissors. Jeez!

Okay, let the record show that I bought six pairs of scissors and that I've since started a recycling thing of sorts where I give the airbags to my friend who sells on Etsy. Yeah, the boxes are remain, but still...

I think we all know that work requires us to be diligent. Lazy at work will cost us the job, and we need money to live. Everything else is the second priority.

I agree with you to some extent. We mostly work to pay the bills and get us going, but our personal lives should never take second priority. It is all about finding the right balance and pushing on, even when we do not feel like moving an inch.

What? I can't believe no one thought to pat me on the head and tell me that I'm not lazy. That anyone would struggle to walk into another room for some scissors. Jeez!

Everyone has a chore they hate so it's put off until the last minute. That's all it's about. You don't like doing it, so you wait until it's a must. Then every little aspect surrounding that chore is annoying as heck because it's something you hate doing. Laziness has nothing to do with it. I hate unloading the dishwasher. It takes all of five minutes to finish, but I'll wait until bedtime to get it done and I only do it then because there'll be a ton of dishes in the sink that need to go in the dishwasher. And I will be extra put out if I have to retrieve a dish towel to dry any of the cups that should've dried in the dishwasher.

I could order enough scissors to keep a pair in every room, but that would just bring more airbags.

So.......You don't have any scissors to open a box, yet you want to order scissors that come in a box. :banana:

Who was it that said " I planned on being lazy one day but I put it off instead" ?

You gotta laugh at things sometimes.