Fan Clubs (beta)

Best animation of all time

didge

Do you agree that animation movies involve a lot of creativity and wit in as far as directing, producing, and acting is concerned? That is what makes it my favorite genre. My best picks would be Rango and Zootopia.

I don't have a particular favourite, but I think old school animation when they used to draw each cel by hand, contains the most artistry and skill. Across the board though I love animation. I'm waiting for Disney+ to hit the UK so I can see the last season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

@Boomer, Toy Story 4 was a big hit last year. Have you watched it yet? Thank you for your recommendations, as well. @Snarky-Guru, animation movies have come a long way, yet creativity is not lost. Too bad that Star Wars: The Clone Wars is in its last season, yet I have never started watching it. Am I too far behind?

Was the Toy Story franchise computer generated? Does that count as film animation? I guess all Disney/Pixar films are computer generated now. I think the new stuff looks great, but the old films took more talent and patience to create. I'm going with Bambi. The animators made those animals come to life - even their body language was easily readable.

@Spade I love your avatar! I recently got a similar looking British Shorthair that I named Daffy. She gives that same unimpressed look.

Animation movies have come a long way, yet creativity is not lost. Too bad that Star Wars: The Clone Wars is in its last season, yet I have never started watching it. Am I too far behind?

No, not at all and it's one of the best programmes to come out of the Star Wars franchise. It was created by George Lucas and you know he's a great storyteller. You could start with the latest season and would be able to figure things out fairly quickly. But it's worth bingeing all the episodes if you have time.

Are we basing this off the talent that went into drawing/creating the characters, background, and such, or does "best" just mean I like watching it the best.

Well, we are looking at the whole picture, what went into creating the characters, and so on. For instance, I got drawn to Rango because Johnny Depp starred in it. He was also involved in Alice in Wonderland and Sherlock Gnomes though I am yet to watch them!