Fan Clubs (beta)

Carolina Panthers 2024 Free Agency

Mike

Quick recap:

• The Panthers are expected to franchise tag Brian Burns, valued at just over $20 Million.
  • Carolina reportedly offered Burns $27M / year for 5 years. Burns is seeking $30M / year.
  • The team has until March 5, 2024 to decide if they want to use the tag on Burns.

With each passing day, it's looking more likely they'll franchise tag burns, and $20M is a fair value for someone like Burns. Even if he's tagged, there are still some questions.

1. Will the Panthers tag and trade him? He'll most likely get the team at least a 1st round pick

2. Will they work out a long-term deal before the season?

3. Could we see Burns hold out?

On a positive note, Burns had this to say on X (Twitter) today.

2 hours ago, Disgruntled Dragon said:

I'm wondering if he is worth keeping. I mean, we don't have better, but I don't want to mortgage the team on someone who underperformed. 

Unless we could get players that could immediately improve the team like a #1 WR, I think we have to keep him. We can't afford to let him go for unproven assets like we did with McCaffrey.

I still think Burns could be worth the contact and wouldn't be surprised if playing got a perennial loser since being drafted plays a role.

I still think if we let him go, he's another guy who blows up with a competitive team. Lol.

20 hours ago, Motorcycle Nerd said:

Unless we could get players that could immediately improve the team like a #1 WR, I think we have to keep him. We can't afford to let him go for unproven assets like we did with McCaffrey.

I still think Burns could be worth the contact and wouldn't be surprised if playing got a perennial loser since being drafted plays a role.

I still think if we let him go, he's another guy who blows up with a competitive team. Lol.

I totally agree. We practically gave away our best offensive pieces. We really need to build a solid offense. 

On 2/23/2024 at 11:49 AM, Disgruntled Dragon said:

I totally agree. We practically gave away our best offensive pieces. We really need to build a solid offense. 

Agreed! And it's tricky though since our Defense was surprisingly stout with Evero the wizard at the helm.

We need to bolster the offense, but if we keep the Defense intact, we should be able to compete if we can score SOME points. Locking down Burns, Luvu, and D. Brown (and Evero) might be enough to keep us in games while the Offense gets going. Losing those guys might make it even harder on the offense. I'm curious to see what path this regime takes in Free Agency and the draft.

44 minutes ago, Motorcycle Nerd said:

Agreed! And it's tricky though since our Defense was surprisingly stout with Evero the wizard at the helm.

We need to bolster the offense, but if we keep the Defense intact, we should be able to compete if we can score SOME points. Locking down Burns, Luvu, and D. Brown (and Evero) might be enough to keep us in games while the Offense gets going. Losing those guys might make it even harder on the offense. I'm curious to see what path this regime takes in Free Agency and the draft.

Yeah. We definitely need to keep Luvu and Derrick brown. 

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...