Martial Arts

Boxing and MMA Forum Random Comments 2015

King

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
Out tonight, but I'm hoping I'll be back in time for the main event. It's a bit of a gimme to be fair though, so I'm more interested in the Cerrone fight.

Guest The Beltster
Its a gimme against a guy with a super slim chance if he gets one of those kicks off. But I cant see it. McGregor moves way too fast and he's just too slick for Siver.

Guest bigmatt

Sorry for the double-post, mods can merge them if they want but I thought I'd put the all-access up in case anyone was watching tonight:

[video=youtube;Q-yVrzt0v_Y]

The UFC have announced line ups for UFC 185 in Dallas at the end of March and UFC 186, their return to Montreal, in April.

185 will be headlined by Anthony Pettis against No. 1 ranked Rafael dos Anjos for the Lightweight title and UFC women’s strawweight champion Carla Esparza puts her title on the line for the first time against No. 1 ranked Joanna Jedrzejczyk in a double main event.

186 will see TJ Dillawshaw defend his title against Barao - he was due to fight Dominick Cruz, but the former champion had to withdraw due to injury. Raphael Assuncao was next in line, but within hours of Cruz withdrawing, Assuncao revealed that he had suffered a broken ankle so now Barao gets his rematch.

Rory MacDonald (18-2) and Hector Lombard (35-4-1) will collide as well as Rampage Jacksons return to the UFC stage facing Fabio Maldonado plus Michael Bisping (25-7) faces C.B. Dollaway (15-6), Patrick Cote (20-9) squares off with Joe Riggs (40-15), Olivier Aubin-Mercier (5-1) will fight David Michaud (8-1), and Jessica Rakoczy (1-4) will meet Valerie Letourneau (6-3) on the card as well.

Guest John Hancock

B7sEMQuCMAAgshW.jpg:large

UFC continues to do pro-wrestling, by accident, better than WWE do on purpose.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest The Beltster
Aldo looked like he couldn't have given a shit about McGregor, he was laughing in his face. I guess we are going to find out just how good McGregor is...

I hate to say I told you so... but you know.

Although I reckon its a mistake, Aldo v Connor, in Ireland, in a stadium for the belt, in the summer = a s**t tonne of money. Plus it would have been an awesome site and helped the growth of MMA in Ireland and Britain as well.

But hey, Dana its your call.

Even if they have it as a non-PPV event during the day in America, the ticket revenue would likely cover that because it'd sell out 80,000 at Croke Park and the UFC would make millions from that alone, but ignoring the financial side of this, what a spectacle it'd be to hold the event in Ireland. The atmosphere the Irish fans bring is second to none, they're incredible fans, and it'd just be a brilliant event if it was held in Ireland.

And it would sell out Croke Park the same way a big concert or GAA match would, it's a real pity it's not going to happen, but you never know if he does win the title then there could be a fight in Ireland down the road at some stage.