Fan Clubs | beta

Doctor Who series 3 (spoilers very likely)

BRM

This week's episode was good, and they left a great door open with The Face of Bo telling the Doctor that he isn't alone.

Not too thrilled to see that the Dalek's are back again though. Let's see some more originality!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anime Otaku
I missed the Saxon reference again. Can anyone tell me where it was? Also I dunno if it's just a Sky+ thing but the BBC3 repeat has a Commentary track option which is quite cool. It's got Tennant, the Writer and one of the Effects people talking about how it was all done and some of the stuff that happened during filming.

Guest Al Stevens

AO there wasnt any Saxon mention in Gridlock alot like the shakespeare code (i get the feeling only when the story is based moden day is when we hear from him)

Also Ray i heard something regarding the Daleks which might change alot

Dalek Sec has been doing experments with humans to cross breed a dalek mutant

Guest Anime Otaku
AO there wasnt any Saxon mention in Gridlock alot like the shakespeare code (i get the feeling only when the story is based moden day is when we hear from him)

Also Ray i heard something regarding the Daleks which might change alot

Dalek Sec has been doing experments with humans to cross breed a dalek mutant

The Daleks were already doing what's in that spoiler in the season 1 finale.

Guest Al Stevens

From looking at the cover of the Radio Times i think its safe to say "What the Funk!"

I can see children actually having nightmears on saturday night

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I really didn't like episodes 4 & 5 and what they did with the Daleks was the major reason

The Daleks hate everything not Dalek, remember in serise 1 when what was thought to be the last Dalek killed itself because it had part of Rose's DNA and was no longer a 'true' Dalek, and the giant Dalek telling the Doctor that when he crashed on Earth he screened the DNA of everything he could to create a race of Daleks, so why are they now trying to cross Dalek and Human DNA to create a hybrid which is against everything that a Dalek stands for

The Daleks see themselves as the pinicale of evolution, nothing in the Universe is worthy of life except them, everything not pure Dalek is scum that should be exterminated, yet they throw all that away to cross breed themselves not very Dalek like!

Didn't like the episodes at all...

That said next weeks episode looks good

Edited by Nemesis Enforcer

Guest Al Stevens
I really didn't like episodes 4 & 5 and what they did with the Daleks was the major reason

The Daleks hate everything not Dalek, remember in serise 1 when what was thought to be the last Dalek killed itself because it had part of Rose's DNA and was no longer a 'true' Dalek, and the giant Dalek telling the Doctor that when he crashed on Earth he screened the DNA of everything he could to create a race of Daleks, so why are they now trying to cross Dalek and Human DNA to create a hybrid which is against everything that a Dalek stands for

The Daleks see themselves as the pinicale of evolution, nothing in the Universe is worthy of life except them, everything not pure Dalek is scum that should be exterminated, yet they throw all that away to cross breed themselves not very Dalek like!

Didn't like the episodes at all...

That said next weeks episode looks good

Actually i really liked this two parter i said on another disscussion that everything was set up back in doomsday when the doctor told them that "being locked in the shell unable to be feel" made sec obessed with humanaty so when they was looking at developing the daleks ect they was going to go for the human touch. Also there was a throw back to Genesis of the Daleks when they was setting up the human Daleks and they turned them in to pure daleks. (where Davros tried to stop the production line and they turned on him).

However the human effect on daleks isnt something which is a new concept actually, they did that with rememberance of the Daleks where they took dead humans and convered them into a new bread of daleks, then they had a cival war on earth in a 7th doctor story and then they did it again in Dalek and parting of the waves.

However i thought the idea that sec saw humans as the keith richards of life forms (ie will survie through a nuclear blast) and that was the way for the race to go. You knew the other daleks wouldnt have liked the idea and the turning on him was predictable however really well done and having the idea of a dalek giving his life for what was once saw as a rival in his older form was really different and amazing scene (as someone who has been a dr who fan since god knows when)

Also i am gonna disagree with nicola with the martha thing, she has been a great character so far. It good to see the doctor having someone who he could easy spar with mentally and not giving him the big puppy dog eyes all the time (like rose) and when there is flirting between martha and the doctor it comes across as awark and not at the right time which once again is completely different when Rose was there.

I cant wait to see next weeks epsoide actually, for me this season has been really good to watch with probaly the weakest story being last weeks

Doctor Who will not be on next Saturday due to the Eurovision crap we all have to sit through each year, only to find out our lame entry failed to win.

Instead next weeks episode will be show on MAY 19th.... Non-existant rumours cite Kane will make an appearance, and go insane. :)

Guest Al Stevens

What a nice gift by the BBC to give us another trailer for the new series.

Just a warning it gives a few spoilers though

Guest Anime Otaku
Great episode tonight. I loved the creature too, probably my 4th fave Who-niverse baddie behind the Daleks, the Sliveen and the cannibals in Torchwood.