Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Guest Twig
Then there's Stevie Richards. While his name has remained fairly constant, there's always a contrast somewhere. At first when he went to the new ECW, he continued to be called Steven Richards, but was often referred to as Stevie Richards. Then his name started being announced as Stevie Richards, however, his name plate that appears on screen still reads Steven Richards. To me, the era of 'Steven' ended with the Right to Censor.

Yeah, but he'll always be Big Stevie Cool to me. :good222:

why does USA always postpone RAW for stuff that no one cares about? Like tennis and stupid dog shows. This just in USA, there's channels for this crap. Dog shows can be on Animal Planet and tennis can be on ESPN or one of their other networks.

I think USA has to have some kind of preexisting contract with all the big tennis tournaments and dog shows, because you're right. If ratings is the only thing to go by, Raw is more important. I think it may also be an executive decision from a high level to keep the entire network a little classier.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Da Showstoppa
Hopefully that leads to a Shawn Michaels WWE Title Reign :)

Unlikely because Shawn won't be active until November, and by then the Triple H V Randy Orton feud will have kicked off (and if Cena's out then I reckon it'll be for the title too) Unless they're going to do the usual "Champion is attacked and the title is vacated" story that they do everytime someone needs a month or two off.

I'd bet Lashley will be in line for a title shot too, As much as I like HBK, I don't see his being in the wwe title mix particulary useful from a story perspective. Unless of course they wheel out the Elimination chamber again.

Mike

Guest big smithers
Unlikely because Shawn won't be active until November, and by then the Triple H V Randy Orton feud will have kicked off (and if Cena's out then I reckon it'll be for the title too) Unless they're going to do the usual "Champion is attacked and the title is vacated" story that they do everytime someone needs a month or two off.

I'd bet Lashley will be in line for a title shot too, As much as I like HBK, I don't see his being in the wwe title mix particulary useful from a story perspective. Unless of course they wheel out the Elimination chamber again.

Mike

I totally agree with you concerning the Orton/HHH feud, I see Orton winning the belt at Summerslam and then going on to face Tripper at Survivor's or most likely at Wrestlemania 24 just as long as he can keep his nose clean between now and then.

Cena's had the title for some 280 days or more which has brought some credability back to the title, something which many fans on this forum were calling for not so long ago. When Cena does lose the belt it has to be retired to Cena's mantleplace for good, Just as the smoking skull belt got retired when it was at the end of it's lifespan. I'd love to see the winged eagle design back in use as it appears to be more credible than belts specially made for a particular wrestler. So, for me Orton seems the logical choice to take the belt off Cena seen as he is the top heel on Raw at this moment. I'm not a huge Orton fan but anyone apart from Cena holding the gold is a good thing for me. After his three long title runs i think it's a good case to be argued that Cena doesn't need the title anymore.

Run ins, I'm really sick and tired of seeing all over every wrestling show. There must be more ways of ending matches than this! Also WWE and letting people promo just doesn't seem to happnen anymore. Matches and rpe-taped vide edited montages seem to be the only way to put things over these days. Is it just that there is no mic talent left in the WWE anymore? Who is coaching thses guys about this fundemental side of the buisness? Where's the Edge andchristian type sketches or the big Rock-esque promo's or even the odd pre-taped promo to camera you used to see?

Guest Bluestiger99
You know really irks me? No one just fueds over the belt because they want it anymore. Its always over something stupid, and a if someone is wearing the belt its an added bonus. Its never just "I want the belt, and I'll destroy you in order to get it."

Guest Al Stevens
Run ins, I'm really sick and tired of seeing all over every wrestling show. There must be more ways of ending matches than this! Also WWE and letting people promo just doesn't seem to happnen anymore. Matches and rpe-taped vide edited montages seem to be the only way to put things over these days. Is it just that there is no mic talent left in the WWE anymore? Who is coaching thses guys about this fundemental side of the buisness? Where's the Edge andchristian type sketches or the big Rock-esque promo's or even the odd pre-taped promo to camera you used to see?

To answer that one, i think alot of people (not the fans) think it's better to do stuff pre taped and then hope that it works out in the past. However i think thats whats letting the current wrestling scene down loads of late.

Also Dante the whole "I will take the belt and blah blah blah" stuff came in via Vince Russo and we all know what a train wreck of a booker he is so of course the whole point of going for a championship belt to prove your the best is no longer a selling factor

Guest Boyo

Why can't people accept that wrestling fans have evolved over the years, due to the destruction of kayfabe?

For crying out loud!

I read Jack's post about how American and British fans seem intent on out-smarting eachother and the talent by cheering/booing/being ironic/being smart at inoppertune times.

Just watch Summerslam 2004 in Toronto for an example of terrible, terrible fans like this.

But in the same token, we as smart fans ourselves have to accept that fans are not marks any more. That wrestling is (largely) not kayfabed any more, and if that happens then of course the noises coming from the crowd are going to react to the lack of kayfabe.

You can't have it both ways.

Great thread DC :xyx

Cheers!

You know really irks me? No one just fueds over the belt because they want it anymore. Its always over something stupid, and a if someone is wearing the belt its an added bonus. Its never just "I want the belt, and I'll destroy you in order to get it."

Erm....Cena/Triple H, Cena/Edge, Cena/Michaels, Edge/Batista, Batista/Undertaker....

Why can't people accept that wrestling fans have evolved over the years, due to the destruction of kayfabe?

For crying out loud!

I read Jack's post about how American and British fans seem intent on out-smarting eachother and the talent by cheering/booing/being ironic/being smart at inoppertune times.

Just watch Summerslam 2004 in Toronto for an example of terrible, terrible fans like this.

But in the same token, we as smart fans ourselves have to accept that fans are not marks any more. That wrestling is (largely) not kayfabed any more, and if that happens then of course the noises coming from the crowd are going to react to the lack of kayfabe.

You can't have it both ways.

Great thread DC :xyx

Cheers!

Wrong Draven...:P

Guest The Franchise

Most wrestling fans of today dont truly appriciate wrestling period.

Because modern fans are morons and 2007 wrestlers dont know how to work. IF they knew how to work, they would be able to slap on a headlock for 30 minutes and keep the crowd.

The entertainment value of the whole package has basically intoxicated the minds of wrestling fans of today. Back in the day when it was less flash and all about athletism and being able to cut a kick-ass promo wrestling was a better product. Now? Its a real bad soap opera thats basically so predictable it gets old fast.

Nowadays its about high-impact shots and tons of verbal jabs from the announcers as well as the wrestlers themselves. Most fans today dont like to actually sit through a long grueling wrestling contest. :sleep_1:

Old school wrestling fans like myself thanks their lucky stars to have grown up watching guys like Ric Flair,Ricky Steamboat,Dusty Rhodes,Roddy Piper,Arn Anderson,The Four Horsemen,The Von Erichs,The RoadWarriors,Jerry Lawler,Jake"The Snake"Roberts;etc To see guys actually wrestle as well as they can talk.

Now? Most guys can only do one of those things well instead of both extremely well. The Rock,Stone Cold,HBK,HHH,and The Undertaker are the last of that kind of breed.

Most wrestling fans of today dont truly appriciate crap compared to the kind of appriciation the wrestling fans of yesterday had for the sport. If it isnt in your face action it bores wrestling fans of today to tears. :sml7:

Edited by The Franchise

Guest dpddave
The summerslam 2007 poster has umaga on a tropical island with 8members of jackass buried up to there necks in the sand....

Damn straight. I wish WWE and TNA would introduce a solid rankings system

The entertainment value of the whole package has basically intoxicated the minds of wrestling fans of today. Back in the day when it was less flash and all about athletism and being able to cut a kick-ass promo wrestling was a better product. Now? Its a real bad soap opera thats basically so predictable it gets old fast.
The Attitude Era sticks a middle-finger in the air and waves it in your general direction. The most financially lucrative period in pro-wrestling ever was full of "flash" and was rarely about the athleticism of the wrestlers.

Guest The Franchise

Well Cage...

The Attitude Era sticks a middle-finger in the air and waves it in your general direction. The most financially lucrative period in pro-wrestling ever was full of "flash" and was rarely about the athleticism of the wrestlers.

I'm talking about before the attitude era as well.:lol

Guest Twig
I'm talking about before the attitude era as well.:lol

the industry will always be in flux. By all means remember "the good old days" but don't ever expect them to come back, or for it ever to be the same if they tried to bring it back.

this a political metaphor for the political turmoil our country is going through and its funny that this match is going down at the Great American Bash

John Cena=Republican Party....he runs [stuff] and is loathed

Bobby Lashley=Democratic Party...People are hopeful he will save us but know they are foolin themselves and they arent much better

and just like the country..most of the crowd will be split down the middle

but at the end of the day

WE ALL LOSE :evil

Edited by Twig

Guest SuperKick Kid

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9030/wrestlingjerichost2.jpg

Muahahaha, Jericho is so great.