Fan Clubs | beta

Phobias

Guest Laffy

Do you guys have any phobias or have you heard of any wierd ones?

I am terrified of heights hate them with avengence so I am an Acrophobic. I am also a Trypanophobic — fear of needles, injections. I pass out if I see a needle coming near me. Stems from a TB injection when i was 11 and the needle snapped in my arm.

I wish I had the following fears as the 666 word is great and the other fear is just stupid! (sorry to anyone that suffers from this)

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia — fear of the number 666.

The fear of Peanut Butter sticking to the roof of your mouth is Arachibutyrophobia.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a major phobia of anything I've been allergic to in the past. Doctor's get screamed at if they don't read my notes before putting me on meds, as there is SO much I am allergic too.

A lot of my phobia's are medical related, so I won't bore you wth the rest of them ones.

I also have a very big phobia of anything that bangs-Balloons, party poppers, fireworks, thunder...................You will see me quickly dart under the table if I hear a loud bang,they scare me so much:(

Also volcanoes. Ever since we did a project on them in year 6. I have nightmares about them erupting in the middle of the street.

And of course balloon holding, scarey looking clowns. And, of course this will be the last time I view this thread, as some wiseass will post a pic, and then I'll scream, and then I'll have nightmare's again:(

DC's Fozzie fear is actually quite intense...I picked up a Muppets calendar yesterday in HMV and he disappeared at record speed around a corner...I think the wheels of Joshuas pram actually screeched.

I wouldn't say I have a phobia but i'm terrified of bats. I guess i'd only class it a phobia if it affected my daily life-I managed to take the kids through the Bat Cave at Chester Zoo (I cried all the way around, silently) once, so I managed.

I take it DC's not a big fan of Chris Jericho's band then?

I hate spiders which isn't weird as they suck and deserve all they get, which on occasion has been a golf club to the head.

I used to be scared of sog whoch I put down to "The Tinderbox" on CBBC which had wolves and stuff and scared me rigis as a wee child. I also dislike the dark but I'm not scared of it per say...

I, in all seriousness, have a phobia of Fozzy Bear from The Muppets.

Should I dare ask how and why?

A childhood party go wrong or something?

As for erm...I'm not the biggest fan of heights and spiders, oh and snakes and crocodiles.

But I've been up various tall buildings, done the Go-Ape tree climing stuff, held many a spider and even held a big python, so I'd hardly say its a phobia. They more gross me out than anything else. Well except heights of course.

But aren't most people scared of heights not actually scared of the height itself, more of the fear of falling from it? I know that's certainly what I'm more afraid of.

And of course balloon holding, scarey looking clowns. And, of course this will be the last time I view this thread, as some wiseass will post a pic, and then I'll scream, and then I'll have nightmare's again:(

I also hate and am kind of sacred of Pennywise the clown he gave me nightmares for three weeks solid as a kid. I love the book and the film but can not read/watch it after 10:00pm. I think my mind associated the time I saw IT as a kid and goes into auto protect mode. The funny thing is if it is light or before ten I can view it with only a slight grimice when i see him although the picture on the video is turned the other way as it freaks me out.

I also hate and am kind of sacred of Pennywise the clown he gave me nightmares for three weeks solid as a kid. I love the book and the film but can not read/watch it after 10:00pm. I think my mind associated the time I saw IT as a kid and goes into auto protect mode. The funny thing is if it is light or before ten I can view it with only a slight grimice when i see him although the picture on the video is turned the other way as it freaks me out.
I bought IT yesterday-I wonder how long it will take for me to get the courage to watch it.

I have no phobias...........despite any photo evidence to the contrary.

Though porcalin dolls inspire a feeling of utter hatred that make me want to destroy any of them I can see. Not fear, but something possibly related.

Your reaction to my dolls has been amusing in the past. Oh and does anybody have a photo of a certain spider incident?

does this include the incarnation of him in Muppet Babies the cartoon as well or just The Muppet Show version?
Ooooh, I forgot about Muppet Babies! I might see if I can make Joshua love the programme so DC has to watch it...

Guest John Hancock
how hot are we talking? Boiling hot, luke warm, tepid? Are you afraid of a lemsip?

Boiling and slightly below. Also, anything that could make hot water, like a kettle or hot tap. If someone was drinking lemsip, I would have to leave the room.