Fan Clubs | beta

Phobias

Guest Laffy

The only thing I am really afraid of is dying. Like anyone else, there are things I don't like doing - I don't enjoy having an injection or getting a spider out of the bath, but the only thing which petrifies me is death. I don't know if it's different to how other people think, but it just completely terrifies me. I used to think about it a while back, but it'd make me feel...almost sick, really. The thought of nothing, ever again. When I think about it casually, it's just a flippant "Forever", like death would be 2 weeks of nothing then you're back or something stupid, but when I'd think about it properly. When I die, I'll never do anything again. It's hard to get your head round, and if I do, I'll just be depressed for a week, so I won't carry on talking about it.

The only way I'll feel 'better' about death is if I accomplish enough to make my life go on when I am dead. I want a legacy. In 2051 years, I want someone to think about me, the same way I do about Julius Caesar, or in the year 4337, I want some 19 year old to have the same perspective on me, as I do Alexander The Great.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
If its actually going to cause grief instead of a quick laugh amongst us, I'll change my avatar. I wouldnt want you missing any of my amazing posts afterall, now would I?

If its actually going to cause grief instead of a quick laugh amongst us, I'll change my avatar. I wouldnt want you missing any of my amazing posts afterall, now would I?
I've let him know you've changed it back.

I agree with what Saz said-soon as you tell people your fears, especially when it's something you can look at, people have fun with it. I've been coming in here warily, expecting bat pictures. This by no means requires bat pictures, though my fear isn't quite as strong as DC's bless him!

I have to say, DC's story of his childhood fear of Fozzy bear is probably the weirdest thing I have ever heard in my life. The fear is odd enough but it's the way Kermit directs things from a plinth the little green b*stard!

I'm also now trying to think what Fozzy Bears finisher would be....

I'm afraid (oooh, bad oun) that there is just a smidgen of amusement to be had DC. At least no one is posting pictures or blind links to muppet videos. Plus I don't think anyone has been horrible about it. i'd take it if people made fun of being scared of escalators or spiders.

i'm actaully surprised at the lack of nasty spider pics so far, I'd have put money on at least one by now.....

Guest Wolverine
Rollercoasters. I've no idea how people can actually enjoy them. Plunging towards the ground upside down at a ridiculously high speed is not my idea of fun. Last time I went on one (about 4 or 5 years ago), I was bloody terrified for the entire ride and was physically sick afterwards, and this was a fairly small rollercoaster. God knows how I'd cope with the crazy 300 foot ones. I'm not too good with heights in general to be honest, I won't climb big ladders or anything.

Guest Al Stevens
I'm with a few others here i am scared to death of spiders. It came from when i was 2 years olds and there was a spider so i picked it up and it sank it's teeth into my hand (i was later told by my dad that it was a wolf spider) but yes i shale never return to this topic just in case DC gives other people a bit of pay back