Fan Clubs | beta

What are you listening to? 2008

Guest Reno

Since every other mass thread is doing it, and I love this one, I feel that a new one should be made for this year. Aim of the thread is simple, what are you listening to? :xyx

Doctors and Dealers - Dirty Pretty Things

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Break, by Shinedown. As a matter of fact, I'm going through their whole Us and Them album. It's brilliant, they're brilliant, everything about them is brilliant. Shinedown are one of the best bands on the whole damn planet, they reek of cool, they speak cool, they probably take dumps that are cooler than we'll ever be.

SHINEDOWN FTW

Guest Jimmy Redman

Ooooooohh DC, you sooo went there.

And at this very minute, its Bossy by Kelis. Into Closer To Me by Five. Just iTunes on Shuffle at the moment.

Ray's constant Shinedown praise had me intrigued, so I checked some of their stuff out. They're pretty good, but they don't even come close to the daddy of all bands, Kasabian. 45 is alright though.

Guest Evil Monkey

I can highly recommend the 3 albums I got for Chrimbo:

Serj Tankian - Elect The Dead

Black Stone Cherry - Black Stone Cherry

Alter Bridge - Blackbird

all quality and on constant rotation at the mo

Are they better than LIVE though?

I've asked myself the same question, and I came to the conclusion that, to me, they aren't. They're 'cooler' than Live without question, but I've always known of and listened to Live. I've kind of grown up with them in a way, which means they have some form of sentimental value. Shinedown are right up in second place though. I don't really like to think of comparing the two, but there we have it.

Ray's constant Shinedown praise had me intrigued, so I checked some of their stuff out. They're pretty good, but they don't even come close to the daddy of all bands, Kasabian. 45 is alright though.

45 is class, absoloute and pure class. I honestly can't say I've heard a lot of Kasabian, although I know the name well and have L.S.F in my library (which I find catchy enough). I think they're a different type of music really, a type I wouldn't normally search out, whereas the stuff Shinedown procudes totally clicks with me.

Guest Kanenite

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day

Led Zeppelin - Out on the Tiles

I've been there already but am re-exploring the depths of Led Zeppelin 3, not one of my favourite albums though it does have a great set of tunes.

The Jam - Beat Surrender

The Jam - Start!

In Flames - Come Clarity

Paramore - Riot!

The Used - Lies for the Lairs

Rammstein - Volkerball Limited Edition

Rammstein - Mutter

Brand New - Deja Entendu

Brand New - Your Favourite Weapon

Alexisonfire - Watch Out!

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm not

Megadeth - United Abominations