Fan Clubs | beta

Elvis Presley Opinions?

Guest Zac Efron

Nice dig and what is wrong with his sentiments he served in the army so obviously he didnt have the same belief in that matter and yeah that was a little crazy considering the amount of prescription drugs he was taking, but so what I dont see the Beatles with countless tv specials people hundereds of thousands walking up to John Lennon's last place he lived on the anniversary of his death, like they do every August at Graceland.

I dont know why this turned into a Elvis vs the beatles thread anyways, I suppose it was bound to like TNA VS WWE in the us scene or Hogan vs Austin who was the biggest draw.

Point out the dig sir.

Nothing wrong with having different beliefs - Elvis, however, denounced The Beatles as anti-American.

The "countless TV specials" you mention - a source would be good. I can counter with the fact the Beatles had "countless TV specials" too... Doesn't make any odds unless it's backed up.

Lennon lived in an apartment building at the time of his death. Yoko still lives there. Strawberry Fields was laid out not far from there and "On Lennon's birthday (October 9th) and on the anniversary of his death (December 8th), people gather to sing songs and pay tribute, staying late into what is often a cold night."

At the end of the day, I like both the Beatles and Elvis but, in my opinion and by many objective measures, the Beatles were, and are, more popular. That doesn't diminish Elvis's cultural impact in any way. There's no shame in being #2.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why this turned into a Elvis vs the beatles thread anyways, I suppose it was bound to like TNA VS WWE in the us scene or Hogan vs Austin who was the biggest draw.

I can tell you why this happened. I made a comment that I like Beatles better and you got offended and tried to argue the fact with me. I'm not going to let you tell me my opinion sucks. Music is a very personal choice and I would listen to the Beatles or Led Zeppelin or many others before I would pick Elvis. I happen to like their music better. You don't have to get your panties in a bunch about it. You are the one who asked for people's opinions and I'm giving you mine. If you don't agree that's fine but you shouldn't insult someone for having a different opinion.

Guest Al Stevens
I can tell you why this happened. I made a comment that I like Beatles better and you got offended and tried to argue the fact with me. I'm not going to let you tell me my opinion sucks. Music is a very personal choice and I would listen to the Beatles or Led Zeppelin or many others before I would pick Elvis. I happen to like their music better. You don't have to get your panties in a bunch about it. You are the one who asked for people's opinions and I'm giving you mine. If you don't agree that's fine but you shouldn't insult someone for having a different opinion.

Also to add your making it >place anyone esle< Vs Elvis even though you asked us for our Opinions and personally it looks like you start to throw a hissy fit when everyone has a different opinion

Also to add your making it >place anyone esle< Vs Elvis even though you asked us for our Opinions and personally it looks like you start to throw a hissy fit when everyone has a different opinion

I'm not throwing a hissy fit. I respect other's who have different opinions I'm just standing up for my own. Sorry if it offended you in anyway that wasn't the intention.

I like some of Elvis' work, but find his talent (not his effect on the music industry) overrated. In some tracks (Love Me Tender, Always On My Mind, etc), he is wonderfull, but some of his stuff is nonsence ("I wanna be... you're teddy bear.").

I am a product of the late 80s/early 90s and that is what shaped my musical tastes. I love The Rolling Stones, Led Zep, Guns 'n' Roses (before they began to implode) Slash's Snakepit, Metallica, Garth Brooks and loads of other acts that I would put above Elvis Presley in terms of enjoyment.

I would never deny Elvis' place in music history, but to use the fact there are millions of impersonators as a proof of his status is silly. Maybe they copy him because he is easy to impersonate.

Another thing to consider is that Elvis only really performed in the US, whereas The Beatles (and others) performed to sell-out events all over the world.

Guest Al Stevens
I'm not throwing a hissy fit. I respect other's who have different opinions I'm just standing up for my own. Sorry if it offended you in anyway that wasn't the intention.

I wasnt talking about you fiona i was talking about the Zac.

Also no offense was taken :good222:

I wasnt talking about you fiona i was talking about the Zac.

Also no offense was taken :good222:

Sorry you used my quote so I thought you were talking to me. We're friends again.:doh32:

Guest Al Stevens
that there is no issues between members, just a few minor disagreements on some topics (whos bigger Elvis or the Beatles, are alien/ghosts real stuff like that) but nothing which will cause world war three.

Guest Al Stevens
You need to be careful with comments like this. The horny teenagers around here will take that as a come-on. :lol

I never thought Kam let Hoffmister to post again :lol

that there is no issues between members, just a few minor disagreements on some topics (whos bigger Elvis or the Beatles, are alien/ghosts real stuff like that) but nothing which will cause world war three.
I thought you were asking her why she wants to be friends, as in "(be)cause?".

Did you mean course (as in, of course)? I'm only asking because it doesn't make sense to me that you would reply "cause" and I want to know that I'm not missing out on some hip new lingo.

Guest dpddave

We need the grammar police in here!!

I'm not a fan of Elvis myself, although my brother thinks he's god or something similar. Hes been to his house in Maryland and he even wanted my mother to call me Aaron (Elvis secong name) when I was born :lol

Guest Zac Efron
I like some of Elvis' work, but find his talent (not his effect on the music industry) overrated. In some tracks (Love Me Tender, Always On My Mind, etc), he is wonderfull, but some of his stuff is nonsence ("I wanna be... you're teddy bear.").

I am a product of the late 80s/early 90s and that is what shaped my musical tastes. I love The Rolling Stones, Led Zep, Guns 'n' Roses (before they began to implode) Slash's Snakepit, Metallica, Garth Brooks and loads of other acts that I would put above Elvis Presley in terms of enjoyment.

I would never deny Elvis' place in music history, but to use the fact there are millions of impersonators as a proof of his status is silly. Maybe they copy him because he is easy to impersonate.

Another thing to consider is that Elvis only really performed in the US, whereas The Beatles (and others) performed to sell-out events all over the world.

I think it fine for people to think The Beatles are better Elvis im just arguing my point on the popularity issue whilst I think Elvis just nicks it for worldwide sales.

Elvis couldnt perform outside America because the Colonel couldnt fly and the colonel pretty much owned the king.

And Fiona im fine with you liking the beatles over him your you im me.