Fan Clubs | beta

The First Avenger: Captain America

Guest Sparrow

Guest Sparrow
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Raym0nd/cptamerica-shield-hdrimg.jpg

*Disclaimer, Hulk and Iron Man Movie spoilers are going to end up in this thread*

So one of the up coming Marvel movies leading up to The Advengers being Captin America, I thought we could get this thread started early. Been loads of rumors flying around about the movie, some of the actors rumored to play Cap are DiCaprio and McConaughey. Personally I don't think I would like either of them to play cap, will have to wait and see who is named. Nick Cassavetes is rumored to be the director.

Captain America has already turned up in Ironman and The Hulk, this is where the spoilers come in, the scene after Iron Man returns from Afghanistan after fighting with the Mark III red/gold armor for the very first time. Right after he fights the two jets, it shows him back in his lab trying to remove his armor but having trouble. Right as Pepper Potts walks down into his lab and asks him "what is he doing?", the shield can be seen sitting on one of his tables behind him in the lower left corner.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Raym0nd/ironman-cptamerica-shield.jpg

Tony Stark could be building the shield as a side project and once S.H.I.E.L.D make themselves known to Tony they suggest they give it to Captain America to use as a weapon or after the Hulk it seemed like Stark knows about Cap being on ice, so Tony is building the weapon for Cap anyway.

As for the Hulk cameo, General Ross mentions to Emil Blonsky that there was a World War II program that created a super soldier formula. When Emil leaps at this chance to utilize the formula to defeat the Hulk, the canister containing the formula is shown to bear the label "Dr. Reinstein," referring to the scientist who created Captain America.

Another Hulk cameo,that never made the final cut of the film but There's a point when Bruce Banner gives up on his quest for the cure and decide to kill himself. So he travels far North and reaches the Arctic Circle. You might have seen bits of it in some of the trailors and stuff. The result was a very dark and strong scene, which Marvel, considered to be too hard to young audiences to take, so they cut it. Having that said, when Bruce arrives at his destination he meets up with Captain America!

The scene will be available on the internet in a few weeks. It will also be on the DVD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Raym0nd/hulk-ice-scene-cap.jpg

Cap is coming, so go ahead and discuss :lol

Edited by Sparrow

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk

watched a spider man cartoon when the secret of captian america was told and nick fury and spiderman was trying to save it from kingpin

i love cross overs it more interesting than half the heros

Captain America is down for a 2011 release date. It is due to have a back-to-back release with The Avengers. Iron Man II and Thor are scheduled for back-to-back releases as well.

Here are the scheduled release dates for the four movies due to lead us to The Avengers.

Iron Man II: April 30th 2010

Thor: June 4th 2010

Captain America: May 6th 2011

The Avengers: July 2011 (possibly July 4th)

Also, can a mod please correct the title of the thread and remove the "d" from Avenger? Cheers.

• 8 months later...

Marvel have been messing around with their scheduled release dates...

Thor, Cap & Avengers Get New Dates

And Spider-Man 4 set for May, 2011

12 March 2009

There’s been a lot of Marvel-related activity over the last 24 hours, with the news that Mickey Rourke and Scarlett Johansson have signed on to star as Whiplash and Black Widow, respectively, in Iron Man 2.

But, as Jimmy Cricket might say, c’mere… there’s more. A lot more, in fact, for it was today announced that Marvel Studios has been rejigging the release dates of three of its biggest upcoming properties.

Kenneth Branagh’s Thor, which had been scheduled to come out on July 16, 2010, has been pushed back almost a full calendar year. Now the Norse God of Thunder will be steaming into action on June 17, 2011.

The First Avenger: Captain America, the WWII-set introduction of Marvel’s star-spangled flagbearer, will now come out on July 22, 2011. The Joe Johnston-directed adventure had previously been scheduled for May 6, 2011.

The positioning of two members of The Avengers just a month apart is no accident, for Marvel has moved its most ambitious movie back a year, allowing momentum to build up with the intro of Cap and Thor.

The superhero mash-up, which will see Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and maybe Black Widow, Nick Fury and previously unannounced hero come together, will now come out on May 4, 2012, ten months on from its original date of July 15, 2011.

And the Marvel madness doesn’t end there. In the summer of 2011, you won’t be able to swing an enchanted hammer without hitting a Marvel superhero, after it was also confirmed that Sony will release Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 4 on May 6, 2011.

Iron Man 2 remains where it was – on May 7, 2010. And, given the two-year gap between that movie and the original, we wouldn’t be surprised to see Iron Man 3 announced at some point for 2012, possibly slotting into a post-Avengers date.

So, readers, excited about this? Do you think that, even with an extra year, Marvel might struggle to make Thor a serious big-screen proposition? Can you see any way that The Avengers won’t be the most expensive movie ever made? And where do you think Spider-Man 4 could go?

Chris Hewitt

Credit: http://www.empireonline.com

Going by that, the revised releases, in order, are as follows:

• Iron Man 2 - May 7th, 2010
  • The First Avenger: Captain America - May 6th, 2011
  • Spider-Man 4 - May 6th, 2011
  • Thor - June 17th, 2011
  • The Avengers - May 4th, 2012

The middle three films are very close together (just over a month) with both Captain America and Spider-Man 4 being released on the same day being very odd.

Of course, Spider-Man is not being made by Marvel themselves, so Sony are the ones choosing that date. Makes you wonder how Marvel feel about two of their franchises going head-to-head.

Guest John Hancock

I like the sound of the Captain America one. World War Two is really the only situation where it's so "good guys vs bad guys" that a character that ridiculously "YEEHAW, AMERICA, BANG BANG!" can be used without the rest of the world laughing.

Should be quite good.

Marvel have been messing around with their scheduled release dates...

Credit: http://www.empireonline.com

Going by that, the revised releases, in order, are as follows:

• Iron Man 2 - May 7th, 2010
  • The First Avenger: Captain America - May 6th, 2011
  • Spider-Man 4 - May 6th, 2011
  • Thor - June 17th, 2011
  • The Avengers - May 4th, 2012

The middle three films are very close together (just over a month) with both Captain America and Spider-Man 4 being released on the same day being very odd.

Of course, Spider-Man is not being made by Marvel themselves, so Sony are the ones choosing that date. Makes you wonder how Marvel feel about two of their franchises going head-to-head.

If Spiderman 4 and Capt America do come out on the same day...

...Let's just say I see one bombing at the box office, quite obvious which one.

It'll depend how they are marketed and how much of a backlash Spider-Man 3 carries forward. Also, with there never having been such a high-profile outing for Captain America, I can see it doing better than expected.

I do expect one of them to be moved closer to the time, though, as Sony and Marvel will come to some arrangement.

It'll depend how they are marketed and how much of a backlash Spider-Man 3 carries forward. Also, with there never having been such a high-profile outing for Captain America, I can see it doing better than expected.

I do expect one of them to be moved closer to the time, though, as Sony and Marvel will come to some arrangement.

That is exactly the point, there HAS never being a high profile Capt America flick. So the general audience, who know Spiderman, maybe won't go to see it. Of course the fans of Captain America, and comic fans in general will.

That is exactly the point, there HAS never being a high profile Capt America flick. So the general audience, who know Spiderman, maybe won't go to see it. Of course the fans of Captain America, and comic fans in general will.
There was a decent (OK, close to decent) American film made in 1990 (that had him frozen in ice and thawed out in the present day), but no-one really remembers it.

The "never having a high-profile movie" could work both ways, though, as the novelty factor is still there. The Spider-Man film will be sold on the villain(s) and who plays them, plus, there is still bad feelings from Spider-Man 3 that may intensify as the movie gets closer to release.

There was a decent (OK, close to decent) American film made in 1990 (that had him frozen in ice and thawed out in the present day), but no-one really remembers it.

The "never having a high-profile movie" could work both ways, though, as the novelty factor is still there. The Spider-Man film will be sold on the villain(s) and who plays them, plus, there is still bad feelings from Spider-Man 3 that may intensify as the movie gets closer to release.

There is bad feelings, no doubt about it. Still I don't think people will be put off seeing another one.

• 10 months later...

An update to the release schedule leaves us with the following dates:

Iron Man II: May 7th, 2010

Thor: May 6th, 2011

Captain America: 22nd July, 2011

The Avengers: May 4th, 2012

Some news concerning the Captain America movie as the director, Joe Johnson, tells Total Film (via boxoffice.com) his plans.

Johnston talks Captain America

"Not a Captain America that you'll expect”

Jan 14th 2010 8:08AM

BY Josh Winning

With his Wolfman remake almost upon us (despite something of a protracted production), Joe Johnston is moving swiftly on to his next project.

Which just so happens to be a little film called Captain America. Talking with Boxoffice.com, Johnston hinted that the movie version of the comic book series will break new ground that sets it apart from its origins.

He said: “It's not going to be a Captain America that you expect. [HIGHLIGHT]It's something different. It is influenced by the comic book, but it goes off in a completely different direction.[/HIGHLIGHT]

“It's the origin story of Captain America. It's mostly period – there are modern, present-day bookends on it – but it's basically the story of how Steve Rogers becomes Captain America.

“The great thing about Captain America is he's a super hero without any super powers. Which is why this story, among the hundreds of super hero stories, appealed to me the most. He can't fly, he can't see through walls, he can't do any of that stuff.

"He's an every man who's been given this amazing gift of transformation into the perfect specimen; the pinnacle of human perfection.

“How does that affect him? What does that mean for him emotionally and psychologically? He was this 98-pound weakling, he was this wimp, and he's transformed instantly into this Adonis. You'd think he got everything he wanted. Well, he didn't get everything he wanted.”

Sounds like Johnston has a fair grasp on the character. And we’re excited to see a superhero flick that isn’t set in the present day. As The Incredibles proved, anybody with a GPS and an evil plan can be a superhero/villain these days.

The director also goes on to talk up the fourth Jurassic Park, which might not be quite as extinct as we all assumed.

“There is going to be a Jurassic Park IV," he says. "And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three; it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy.

It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you.”

Honestly, we’ve got reboots flying up everywhere nowadays. If it’s not Spidey, it’s Scream. If it’s not Scream, it’s Jurassic Park. Seriously people, leave them alone!

Ignoring the part about a fourth Jurassic Park, the comment I've highlighted is what troubles me a little bit. I'm all for tweaking things to improve them (Spider-Man having organic webbing, for example), but going in a "completely different way" doesn't sound like a good idea.

Moving on to Avengers news, the following characters (with the current actors portraying them) have all signed on for the Marvel uber-collective:

• Iron Man
  • War Machine
  • Nick Fury
  • Black Widow
  • Thor
  • Loki

In addition, both Ed Norton and

have stated they'd like to be involved in playing The Incredible Hulk in the film, possibly as the villain.

Captain America, according to an interview with Kevin Feige, will be in The Avengers from the start, but there's no actor in place to portray him just yet.

• 4 weeks later...

In a bit of a contradiction from the above post (well, "new direction" part), the director has confirmed a 90%+ World War II movie and that the villain is going to be the Red Skull. No actor for either character is in place yet, but word is there's going to be names released by the end of next week. Oh, and the character of Bucky is a definite as well.

EDIT - In other, possibly more exciting news, AICN have been given a huge scoop on characters who'll appear in the finished movie.

THE FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA To Feature THE INVADERS!!!

Beaks here...

There was a flurry of FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA news swirling out of yesterday's junket for Universal's THE WOLFMAN - the biggest scoop being that Cap will battle his arch nemesis The Red Skull in this first installment. That's nice and all, but, for my money, the coolest news of the weekend was just broken today by CHUD's Devin Faraci.

According to director Joe Johnston, the World War II superhero outfit, The Invaders, will play a significant role in FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA. How significant? How about "They'll be in the entire second half" significant!

Yes, we'd heard this was a possibility at last year's Comic Con, but this is the first time anyone's discussed how they'll be worked in to the film. Devin's got the whole story over at CHUD, along with some very interesting speculation about which six heroes might comprise this incarnation of The Invaders. I love the idea of Marvel using the Golden Age Human Torch (who is available to Marvel), but I'm most excited to see Union Jack on the team. Much as I dug The Avengers as a kid, there was something just a little bit cooler about a throwback group (based on The All-Winners Squad) going toe-to-toe with the Nazis - and, for whatever reason (probably because he was used sparingly within the Marvel Universe), Union Jack was my favorite member of the team.

For more on this very exciting news, head on over to CHUD.

The Invaders, well, the WWII incarnation, were comprised of Captain America, Bucky, The Human Torch (an android, not the FF version), Blazing Skull, Silver Scorpion, Namor, Toro (Torch's sidekick), Miss America, Union Jack, Union Jack II and Spitfire (Union Jack's son and daughter) and Whizzer.

That's a lot of people, so I would assume it'll either only be a few of them or, if it is all, some will be reduced to non-speaking cameos.

Edited by DC

the spiderman cartoon in the mid 90s only used 6 of the invaders, so it's possible they could go down that route. the cartoon called them the '6 forgotten warriors' but that wasn't their namre when they were active, i cant remember what they were called.

Atlantean Prince Namor? Hope he gets a little time so hes not unknown if... WHEN they get to the civil war. I like how Marvels playing out their movies.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sparrow

That, to me, is a good bit of casting. Now all we need is an announcement on who gets to wear the red, white and blue.

Yeah man, it looks like that is not far away. Then again they have been saying it is not far away for awile, so far, everyone and his mother seems to be reading for the role of cap. Not only that but the rumors have been running wild. The list is almost endless of people that I have heard:

• John Krasinski
  • Mike Vogel
  • Garrett Hedlund
  • Wilson Bethel
  • Scott Porter
  • Chace Crawford
  • Michael Cassidy
  • Patrick Flueger
  • Dane Cook
  • Chris Evens
  • Jensen Ackles
  • Kellan Lutz
  • Nick Jonas
  • Joe Jonas

Now that is a list from over the last month. Normally I don't mind all this but we was meant to get a Cap annouced on March 1st, I think they have to much attention on this that now whoever they pick is not going to be the perfect choice, unless it is Jensen. I just hope we get a cast annoucment soon.

The ones in bold are my personal choice for Cap.