Fan Clubs | beta

The First Avenger: Captain America

Guest Sparrow

Apparently the trailer comes out today in America (so, tonight for us), or so I've read.

I like the poster, despite being a bit iffy on the costume. I like it but I don't like it. I'm getting quite excited for the film, though.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Super Bowl spot.

[YOUTUBE]64qEPmVeGhA[/YOUTUBE]

That's a decent amount of info for 30secs of footage and, for those wanting a better look at the blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot of Red Skull, just look below.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ywa1w3.jpg

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only sadcase to download the high-res version to freeze frame that shot of Red Skull.

I've gotta give props to the CGI guys, the shots of a "pre-op" Cap look superb. How tiny does he look! :lol

I've gotta give props to the CGI guys, the shots of a "pre-op" Cap look superb. How tiny does he look! :lol

I thought it looked like a different actor, is it really CGI?

I thought it looked like a different actor, is it really CGI?

From what I can make out from freeze framing and slow mo-ing the superbowl spot, it looks like they've got a skinny guy and CGI'd Chris Evans' head onto it. That's what it looks like to me, anyhoo.

Dear God, you just made him sound like a transexual. :lol

Well it's true! He is "pre-op"! :lol

Guest John Hancock
I want to take this film back to my place and put my penis in it. Seriously, I know I'm setting myself up for a fall, but this is going to be the best thing that's ever happened in anything ever. I mean... IT'S CAPTAIN AMERICA, how can it not be!?

• 3 weeks later...

It is a Cosmic Cube that in the comics Red Skull uses to store Hitlers mind so he can be brought back to life.

As well as being able to contain people and their minds it can also produce massive amounts of power that can be used to fuel efforts to take over the world - hence the Skulls wish to own it.

isn't the cosmic cube also what helped Bucky remember who he was when he was brainwashed as the Winter Soldier?

Also, I know I'm being VERY VERY nitpicky, but why has Cap got a circular shield during WWII?! If he had his original shield design for WWI then got the circular later then this film would look perfect.

Also, I know I'm being VERY VERY nitpicky, but why has Cap got a circular shield during WWII?! If he had his original shield design for WWI then got the circular later then this film would look perfect.

Though I share your dismay, in a 2 hourish movie, you need to overlook a lot of the fine detail to get the story across.

yeah I get that, but if they can include 3 different versions of the Iron Man suit then they can include 2 different shields in this one. They don't even have to dwell on it, a simple "we've done some more research and we think a circular shield would work better so here you go" would have done it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the Red Skull in all his glory. Word is that he ends up this way after injecting/being injected with the Super Soldier formula, hinting that it enhances you, but in a way that also mirrors the personality of the subject.

http://i51.tinypic.com/fjp5b4.jpg

Guest John Hancock
I'm amazed that they managed to make a Red Skull mask without it looking completely ridiculous. That was always my biggest fear for this film. So well done there.