Fan Clubs | beta

The First Avenger: Captain America

Guest Sparrow

Yeah man, it looks like that is not far away. Then again they have been saying it is not far away for awile, so far, everyone and his mother seems to be reading for the role of cap. Not only that but the rumors have been running wild. The list is almost endless of people that I have heard:

• John Krasinski
  • Mike Vogel
  • Garrett Hedlund
  • Wilson Bethel
  • Scott Porter
  • Chace Crawford
  • Michael Cassidy
  • Patrick Flueger
  • Dane Cook
  • Chris Evens
  • Jensen Ackles
  • Kellan Lutz
  • Nick Jonas
  • Joe Jonas

Now that is a list from over the last month. Normally I don't mind all this but we was meant to get a Cap annouced on March 1st, I think they have to much attention on this that now whoever they pick is not going to be the perfect choice, unless it is Jensen. I just hope we get a cast annoucment soon.

The ones in bold are my personal choice for Cap.

A lot of those names have were either unfounded rumours or had readings and didn't make the cut. At the moment, there are three names still in the hunt...

"Not only that, but Marvel have expanded their search to include two previously un-tapped “serious” contenders; Mike Vogel (Cloverfield, this year’s She’s Out Of My League) and Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy). Meanwhile, Chris Evans is also in there somewhere with a slim chance.

So who will it be? Previous contenders Chace Crawford, Scott Porter, Michael Cassidy and Patrick Flueger have all been kicked to the curb, so attention is fixed entirely on Vogel, Hedlund and Evans."

- Credit:

Total Film

Pictures of the three remaining names are on the way...

EDIT - Here are the pics.

http://i39.tinypic.com/6nv1hx.jpg

Out of all three of them, the favourite, IMO, is Garrett Hedlund, who will be supernova by the time Tron Legacy has been seen and could work favourably under the Sam Worthington rule. Chris Evans has already appeared in two Marvel movies as The Human Torch, but that franchise being rebooted and recast, it could free him up. Mike Vogel is the outsider, which doesn't actually hurt his chances that much, but has kinda simmered since Cloverfield.

Edited by DC

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see any of the the 3 playing the "before" Roger's ... but the REAL "Cap'n 'Merica" has to be a ridonkulously 'roided up mo'fo.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Chris Evans looks most like what I would want Cap America to look like if I were casting. But I think, like Twig said, he would have to do a Toby Maguire to play Cap after he gets juiced and pack on some muscle for the 'after transformation scenes'

Two other names have been thrown into the mix for the role of Cap; Ryan Phillippe and Channing Tatum. They are just a couple of rumours at the moment, but it seems every male actor in the 22-35 age range has been mentioned in conjuction with the role.

On a similar note, Keira Knightley, Alice Eve and Emily Blunt are all being considered for the role of Peggy, the lead female character.

I'd like Chris Evans, but with him playing the torch twice already I don't know if that would work against him?

I'd love to see Jensen Ackles, but he might be a bit short to make a good cap. Look at how he sizes up next to Sam in Supernatural.

Apparently Jensen is about 6'1" and Jared is 6'4". I'm not 100% sure on that, though.

I'd prefer to see Jensen Ackles play Captain America out of that list, though my main choice will always be Bruce Campbell. :P

According to sources (Empire and Heat Vision Blog), it seems that the hunt for Captain America is nearing a close; Chris Evans has officially been offered the role by Marvel Studios. All that remains is to see whether he accepts the role or not.

The safe bet would be that he will. Had Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer been a hit, then I doubt he'd do it due to his role as Johnny Storm, but with that franchise being put to rest for a reboot in a couple of years, it frees him up for another superhero part.

Besides, Ryan Reynolds (Hannibal King, Deadpool and Green Lantern) has shown you can play characters in different superhero films and have it not be an issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dominic Cooper has been signed on to play a younger version of Howard Stark, Tony's dad, which could mean Stark Industries playing a role in the SuperSoldier formula (as well as explaining why the shield is at Tony's mansion in the Iron Man movies).