Fan Clubs | beta

Torchwood : Children Of Earth **Potential Spoilers**

BRM

The Television event of the Summer will sonn be upon us.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufeumpW7-tk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufeumpW7-tk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by BRM

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Torchwood is back on Monday...airing everyday for 5 days (9-10pm) on BBC1:

Captain Jack Harkness, Gwen Cooper and Ianto Jones return for a brand-new adventure in Torchwood – Children Of Earth, a new five-part series for BBC One.

An ordinary day becomes a world of terror, as every single child in the world stops. A message is sent to all the governments of Earth: "We are coming".

But as a trap closes around Captain Jack, sins of the past are returning, as long-forgotten events from 1965 threaten to reveal an awful truth.

Torchwood are forced underground, as the government takes swift and brutal action. With members of the team being hunted down, Britain risks becoming a rogue state, with the mysterious and powerful 456 drawing ever closer.

Captain Jack (John Barrowman), Gwen (Eve Myles) and Ianto (Gareth David-Lloyd) are helpless, as events escalate until humankind faces the end of civilisation itself.

Due to the popularity of the series, Torchwood has made a swift move from BBC Three to BBC Two, with the new instalment, Torchwood – Children Of Earth, finding itself on BBC One.

In one epic story, told over five episodes, the new series promises to be Torchwood's greatest adrenalin-fuelled, high-octane adventure to date. As they battle against the odds, do they stand a chance of saving humankind?

Torchwood – Children Of Earth is executive produced by Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner. The producer is Peter Bennett.

Torchwood – Children Of Earth is written by Russell T Davies, John Fay (Mobile, Clocking Off, Coronation Street) and James Moran (Doctor Who, Torchwood) and directed by Euros Lyn (best director in Bafta Cymru TV Awards, Doctor Who, George Gently).

(From the BBC)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Kam

Guest Laffy
That trailer the extended one that goes out in the evening scares me a litttle so that is why for the first time since the first episode i am going to watch Torchwood. i could not get into it which is wierd considering i love Captain jack but am so watching this.

Is Captain Jack Harkness the coolest guy on televison?

I think he very well could be, the main reason being that 2000 years ago he was buried underneath Cardiff. Then 100's of times a day he has suffocated on a mouthfull of dirt and then come back to life. Thats fantastic enougth although he probably got rather fed up of it. Then about 100 years ago he's dug up by the Torchwood institute and his hair is still as straight as it was the day he was buried, now i don't know about you but that has to be the coolest thing ever.

But yes i'm looking forward to Children of Earth and i'm thinking it could be the last of Torchwood with RTD dancing off to LA next year so i'm expecting it to go out with a bang. Plus with reading the episode previews for all 5 episodes i'm expecting him to do something that last year he said he would never do.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I think he very well could be, the main reason being that 2000 years ago he was buried underneath Cardiff. Then 100's of times a day he has suffocated on a mouthfull of dirt and then come back to life.
Are we sure he is actually Captain Jack and not infact Doomsday? :lol

I haven't watched much Torchwood since it started but I am looking forwards to seeing this special

Guest ScottyB
I've never really shown an interest in Torchwood, but I had my girlfriend over and she likes it so we watched it and yeah, it was good.

I really enjoyed the first 2 series of Torchwood, but so far this weeks it's been better in every respect. Brilliant drama, wit, action and a unrelenting storyline.

Switching to this format and no doubt a incresed budget with BBC One really seems to of benefited the show.

From Digital Spy:

Torchwood: Children Of Earth had a strong start for BBC One last night, according to early ratings figures.

The first episode of the five-part third series of the Doctor Who spinoff - starring John Barrowman and Eve Myles - pulled in 5.94m (25.8%) during the 9pm hour, coming first place in its timeslot.

The second episode of Torchwood came top during the 9pm hour, pulling in a strong 5.58m (24%) for BBC One. Its nearest rival, ITV1's Ladette To Lady finale, logged 2.87m (12.4%).
It's not doing too bad at the moment, these figures don't include the BBC 3 repeat or iplayer either.

The first 2 episodes were awesome! Got right into the story which is always a good thing - and something Torchwood do a lot to be honest. Add to that the hotness of Jack and Ianto kissing then the UBER hotness of a very naked Captain Jack and i'm a very happy bunny!!!