Fan Clubs | beta

Torchwood : Children Of Earth **Potential Spoilers**

BRM

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a STUNNING end to Torchwood...some of those scenes tonight really had that epic feel to them.

There have been quite a few rumours about there not being anymore Torchwood after this, I can only hope it's not true!

Guest Nicole

I just don't know where they are going to go with it. No Ianto, Gwen with a baby is going to be hard to work in and a leader who is feeling so awful and guilty that he can't even stand to be on the planet. Fantastic way to go out if its true.

I think if they were going to do another, they'd have to construct the new team in this episode to lead on, it'll be too much of a gap to come back in a year and try to explain everything.

Best thing on TV in YEARS. I was a bit teary myself at some points. Had that old school watch from behind the couch feel at points too.

Captain Jack has to come back, he's just too good a character to not use. I can see Torchwood V2.0 being built around Gwen, then after a few episodes, they get saved by Jack with a "Honey, I'm Home!"

I can say nothing but wow. No matter what happens now its sorted, it can go on easy enough or its a perfect ending. Brilliant.

And this was some of the best acting I have ever, ever seen.

Just watched it and yes i found it very upsetting. I can only imagine it being even harder to watch if you are a parent yourself.

Probably the best piece of work that RTD has done with the Whoniverse.

I really enjoyed the whole week but must say I found that last episode really hard to watch. Just wall to wall misery! Even the saving of the world was utterly depressing! I imagine there were many miserable people in the clubs on Friday night.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
It takes a hell of alot to make me cry but I was almost there at the end of last nights episode, man that was sad when he just nodded his head to signal what needed to be done :(

How was it a spoiler when he posted it after the show had aired?

It's the same as when an episode of WWE airs, I hadn't seen it, as I'd been down the pub and was looking for the iplayer link posted earlier and I caught his post.

That equals one ruined major point for me.

A) There aren't any rules on spoliers in the entertainment forum that are actually written down.

B) You should have spoiler tagged Inno and Nicoles posts if you did TGO's as they both mention Jack leaving.

C) Perhaps you shouldn't read a thread that will blatently have people typing spoilers before watching it?

A) Can't be arsed to argue with you as I hadn't noticed those posts and Kam should have put a potential spoiler notice on it.

B) That's about it.

Guest Fiona
A) There aren't any rules on spoliers in the entertainment forum that are actually written down.

B) You should have spoiler tagged Inno and Nicoles posts if you did TGO's as they both mention Jack leaving.

C) Perhaps you shouldn't read a thread that will blatently have people typing spoilers before watching it?

Totally agree. Torchwood won't air in Canada until this fall, I believe, does that mean that spoiler tags would have to remain on until then? What if by then I decide not to watch the show anyway.

If there is a thread that may include spoilers that I don't want to see, I just don't read it. Simple really.

Guest Fiona
I thought it was a given that all the threads in Entertainemnt contained potential spoilers... Only time I think they should be spoiler tagged is if they haven't aired anywhere yet.

I thought so too. Many of the shows that air in Britain don't make it over to this side of the Atlantic for quite a while if ever, so I read through the threads, if I hit a spoiler, then it's my fault for looking. With so many different countries represented on the forum it would be impossible to put spoiler tags around every show spoiler. Once they've aired I don't see a problem with discussing it as this is a discussion forum.